Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Panthers fire GM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-marty-hurney/
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably deserved. He signed three running backs to deals adding up to $18 million a year in a passing league. He's had terrible picks in Jimmy Clausen, Armanti Edwards, Everette Brown, Jeff Otah, and Dwayne Jarrett. 2011 third round pick Terrell McClain isn't even on the team anymore. And he had a history of trading away future picks for draft picks, most of whom busted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was pretty terrible.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was awful. I have a friend who is a huge Panthers fan who is pretty damn happy right now.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
He was awful. I have a friend who is a huge Panthers fan who is pretty damn happy right now.
I'm a Panther fan and I'm freaking ecstatic!

I've been wanting him gone for YEARS!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

There's a few people I already have on my wishlist to be his replacement...what are you guys thoughts on a replacement?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marc Ross from the Giants will probably be a candidate in the offseason. I hope he doesn't leave though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hallelujah!

The drafts from 2009 to 2011, outside of Cam Newton have been crippling to this team. He was really only good at picking LBs or RBs in the first round (5 of last 7 first rounders). Positions that aren't hard to find in the later picks and aren't typically far and away more talented than those found later on.

That, and the fact that they payed the RB duo so much only to use them as decoys. Williams had two carries yesterday.

This is only step one. They have to bring in someone who won't be a puppet for Richardson and doesn't give away money. We need a moneyball GM right about now.

Here's a good article for those who want read about the genius of Hurney:http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...competent-best

This won't change their performance on the field though. I'm not sure if I want them to win if it means Rivera keeping his job because of some late season surge to achieve a lesser draft pick. They'll need everything they can get to be attractive to a GM. Whoever steps in gets the joy of cutting DeAngelo and having ton of dead space.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing he's the one responsible for trading a future 2nd round pick for what was like 3 years in a row? Armanti Edwards, Everette Brown, and somebody else I'm missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF View Post
There's a few people I already have on my wishlist to be his replacement...what are you guys thoughts on a replacement?
I think a combination of Mike Holmgren and Josh McDaniels could be the way to go

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm guessing he's the one responsible for trading a future 2nd round pick for what was like 3 years in a row? Armanti Edwards, Everette Brown, and somebody else I'm missing?
I'm pretty sure he traded a future first for Brown. Maybe Otah too, I don't quite remember.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 10-22-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Marc Ross from the Giants will probably be a candidate in the offseason. I hope he doesn't leave though.
I think Norwegian's onto something, we should start rumors that Ross isn't just black, but rudy cool and black, that way he'll never get hired away from the giants!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Traded a future first to move into the first and take Otah.

Then traded a future first to move into the second and take Brown.

Then traded a future second to move into the third and take Armanti.

Needless to say, Panther fans already question the chances of Frank Alexander amounting to anything since he traded a future third to get an extra fourth to take Alexander.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought 2-14 was bad. This feels like armageddon.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets Julius Peppers walk. Give ass loads of cash to everyone else. Good job.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Did Marty Hrney pick this sweater? If so, that probably played a big part in his firing.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Lets Julius Peppers walk. Give ass loads of cash to everyone else. Good job.
Pretty sure Julius was just done being a part of the Panthers. Which is still Hurney's fault.

Hurney's firing is probably a warning that Rivera is on the hotseat. He's done nothing but lose here. I can't understand why some Panther fans defend him. I'm never surprised when they collapse.

Last edited by ShutDwn : 10-22-2012 at 10:55 AM.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF View Post
Traded a future first to move into the first and take Otah.

Then traded a future first to move into the second and take Brown.

Then traded a future second to move into the third and take Armanti.

Needless to say, Panther fans already question the chances of Frank Alexander amounting to anything since he traded a future third to get an extra fourth to take Alexander.
Yea Otah was the other guy, and I forgot about Alexander. It was like they were playing catch up from every single one of these moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Pretty sure Julius was just done being a part of the Panthers. Which is still Hurney's fault.

Hurney's firing is probably a warning that Rivera is on the hotseat. He's done nothing but lose here. I can't understand why some Panther fans defend him. I'm never surprised when they collapse.
I was on the fence about him up until this most recent game, and in particular Cam's quotes afterwards;

Quote:
“The past couple games have been playing like the same script, with the same director, and it’s getting kind of boring,” he said. “It’s always coming down to the end when we have opportunities to score points, finish them … and offensively we’ve got to convert.”

“There were ample opportunities for us to capitalize and do what we do,” Newton said. “I sound like a broken record, but this vibe, I’m not buying it, man. And I don’t know what it is, but something’s going to have to change.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...rustration.ece
Cam is all but directly calling out Rivera, whether he is aware of it or not. And he's correct, IMO. Because I am getting quite tired of watching this teams performance, and then seeing Rivera just standing silently doing nothing on the sidelines as it all unfolds in front of him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I don't know if those are comments at Rivera or Chud. Probably both.

It's just a sad team. Nobody is buying into Rivera's philosophy.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
I don't know if those are comments at Rivera or Chud. Probably both.

It's just a sad team. Nobody is buying into Rivera's philosophy.
I could see the first part of the quote pertaining to Chud, but the last two sentences seem to directly implicate Rivera. Regardless, like you said its just a pathetic situation. But with Hurney gone, I am assuming Rivera is being kept simply until the end of the season for some vain attempt at stability.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 10-22-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Hope this makes Cam happy, because he's been lookin real suicidal thus far. V. Young 2.0

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the point of doing this when we're not even halfway through the season? They can't get an outside replacement until the end of the season. Do they have someone who can fill in for the 9-10 games they have left?
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
What's the point of doing this when we're not even halfway through the season? They can't get an outside replacement until the end of the season. Do they have someone who can fill in for the 9-10 games they have left?
Does it matter? Throw gms for draft position at this point.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote