Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: More HRs in '09
Prince Fielder 17 43.59%
Ryan Braun 22 56.41%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
And it's nice to see you back drowe.

thanks...i'm gonna try to post as much as i can...this being brewer season, and me being a die hard fan, this will probably be my favorite thread.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to say it because I really like him and he's played really well, but this might be the year to trade Jenkins
Old 04-17-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate to say it because I really like him and he's played really well, but this might be the year to trade Jenkins
It is his contract year and we have Hall, Hart, Gwynn, and Gross with Mench maybe heading out the door. If we can get an outfield prospect and other minor leaguers I say go for it.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd hate to see Jenkins go. It'd be kind of sad actually. He's been in Milwaukee while we sucked something awful. Now when everything's looking up, he's out the door.

On a different note, anybody got anything on Yovani Gallardo. I know he pitched a gem a few days ago, but when do you see him making it to the bigs.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Boston : 04-17-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I'd hate to see Jenkins go. It'd be kind of sad actually. He's been in Milwaukee while we sucked something awful. Now when everything's looking up, he's out the door.

On a different note, anybody got anything on Yovani Gallardo. I know he pitched a gem a few days ago, but when do you see him making it to the bigs.
for Gallardo, i'd say next year. maybe a september call up this year. on ESPN.com's top 100 prospects, he is even listed higher than Braun. can't remember where he was. top 15 for sure.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dave Bush helps himself as he drives in 2 in the top of the 2nd and the Brewers lead 3-2 going to the bottom half of the 2nd.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a very disapointing game. It was looking good, but all of a sudden it becomes 11-5.

I have edited this twice in 1 minute because two more runs scored. ugh

Last edited by GB12 : 04-17-2007 at 09:17 PM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
This is a very disapointing game. It was looking good, but all of a sudden it becomes 11-5.

I have edited this twice in 1 minute because two more runs scored. ugh
Certainly a game we let slip away and should've won

Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

i'm allright with a loss last night. we still had a winning road trip, and that's huge. now we gotta take care of business at home.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

last year I was begging the crew to trade Jenkins.. but honestly, look at our team. The top 4 hitters are under what 24? We NEED veteran leadership and Jenkins provides that. We can't keep bringing up younger guys and thinking they will put us into the playoffs.

Just an question about Sheets...Am I the only one who could see he was going to give up 6-7 runs and a few HR's? He throws 94 mph fastballs right over the plate and up*** in the zone. His curveball works great he just needs to locate his fastball and hit spots. otherwise he's in for a long year.

go crew
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

i wouldn't worry about sheets. he'll always be a hard thrower with an amazing curveball when he has it working. he'll have off days, but overall, if he can stay healthy, he's an all star caliber pitcher.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

yeah if he can locate his fastball..

Just so everyone knows, I looked up Chris Capuano on espn.com he's projected to end up 23-0 haha
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
i wouldn't worry about sheets. he'll always be a hard thrower with an amazing curveball when he has it working. he'll have off days, but overall, if he can stay healthy, he's an all star caliber pitcher.
His fastball will gain some velocity when the weather starts to warm up too so no worries

Old 04-18-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
last year I was begging the crew to trade Jenkins.. but honestly, look at our team. The top 4 hitters are under what 24? We NEED veteran leadership and Jenkins provides that. We can't keep bringing up younger guys and thinking they will put us into the playoffs.
I'm still undecided right now, but it will definetly be talked about around the deadline. The veteran leadership doesn't make sense to me. Jenkins has never been much of a leader, and we have Mench, Grafinino and Counsell as veteran position players. I like him but I can't say we absolutely must keep him, I would like to keep him, but it might be best for him to move on.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
His fastball will gain some velocity when the weather starts to warm up too so no worries
As will Turnbow's.

Hitman D

Old 04-18-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Twins> Brewers as a team.

Brewers name>Twins name.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post

Brewers name>Twins name.
Other than Johan and Nathan the Twins don't have the pitching the Brewers do and the Brewers probably have a better order top to bottom hitting wise. The only place I think the Twins beat the Brewers is in defense.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post

Brewers name>Twins name.
Brewers Stadium > Twins new stadium

Hitman D

Old 04-18-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

How about Vargas! Bases loaded with no outs, he goes and gets three consecutive Ks.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
How about Vargas! Bases loaded with no outs, he goes and gets three consecutive Ks.
Striking lots of batters out so far this season

Old 04-18-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Wow. Vargas is on fire.

Hitman D

Old 04-18-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Wow! What a bunt by TGJ
Old 04-18-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Wow! What a bunt by TGJ
YES. i questioned the move of keeping Gwynn instead of the versitile Rotino...but the dude's speed has helped so much. nice work.

and Vargas. holy crap. really makes you miss Doug Davis with his 86 MPH fastball and 83 MPH change up and nothing else. but, at least he had a vagina on his face.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
YES. i questioned the move of keeping Gwynn instead of the versitile Rotino...but the dude's speed has helped so much. nice work.

and Vargas. holy crap. really makes you miss Doug Davis with his 86 MPH fastball and 83 MPH change up and nothing else. but, at least he had a vagina on his face.
That was an absolute steal of a trade. Estrada alone is better value then Vargas comes in and pitches even better than Davis. Should be surprised with how past trades have turned out. All have been great.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:38 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Doug Melvin is quite the trader, great game last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote