Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Bucs are young team but they've went toe to toe with every team they've played. All there losses are of 7 points or less.
We already don't have the tiebreaker against the Giants, Skins and Cowboys. If we make the playoffs we either went on a huge win streak, or everyone else **** the proverbial bed.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

63% of games this season were decided by 7 points or less. No one cares that the Bucs only lost by 7, it's the NFL, you lost. The dolphins are 6 overtime points away from being 5-1. And they're also 7 points away from being 1-5. That's how the NFL works when middle of the pack teams play other middle of the pack teams.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bucs are young team but they've went toe to toe with every team they've played. All there losses are of 7 points or less.
Stop it. I don't give a **** how old your team is. That doesn't factor into the standings in the least bit. And don't get me wrong, I like the Bucs team (and Caddy <3), but there's no shot you're a playoff team. Too many holes and too many good NFC teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a transition year for the Bucs. New coaching staff, new players, new schemes, etc. I had them at 7-9 before the season and they'll probably finish around that record. They'll win some close games and lose some close games on dumb mistakes, but they'll learn (well I hope!) and I expect them to seriously contend for the playoffs next year. Hopefully they'll add some edge pass rushers (I would love to see us add a SLB who is competent at blitzing) and improve the CB core during the offseason.

Oh and bucfan12, please stop it.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats are four points away from being 6-0. SUPERBOWLLLLLLLLLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Pats are four points away from being 6-0. SUPERBOWLLLLLLLLLL
Actually 7-0. That's like two SUPERBOWLLLZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We were five points away from winning the SB last year. SB this year baby!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would you say that they're youngry?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Would you say that they're youngry?
I hate that saying. If I were to mix young and hungry I would say all the Bucs are hung!!! And I should know, I've done the research

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
This is a transition year for the Bucs. New coaching staff, new players, new schemes, etc. I had them at 7-9 before the season and they'll probably finish around that record. They'll win some close games and lose some close games on dumb mistakes, but they'll learn (well I hope!) and I expect them to seriously contend for the playoffs next year. Hopefully they'll add some edge pass rushers (I would love to see us add a SLB who is competent at blitzing) and improve the CB core during the offseason.

Oh and bucfan12, please stop it.
We lose on tiebreakers so no I don't expect them in the playoffs. War I'm getting at is anyone who has to play them the rest of the way will e in a dog fight because the bucs can hang with contenders as along as freeman continues to play well. They're a year away as they really been adding nice talent the past couple years. It's starting to come together but are still in transition.

Scottyboy shut you're rude and ignorant mouth. Thanks pal.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Problem with Tampa has been the inconsistency of bill Sheridan in play calling. There have bee games he looks like a genius then ones u shake your head and question how he has this job.

Still need pieces but heading in the right direction.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously though all this playoff talk should settle down. Bucs have been playing GREAT offensively ever since the bye week. Since the bye, or over the last 3 games, the Bucs have averaged 34 pts a game and averaged 464 yards of offense, also Doug Martin has had over 100 yards from scrimmage in all 3 games, Freeman has 3 TDs every week since.

The ship is turning around in the right direction, but i really doubt we make a run this year. The NFC is stacked this year. Now if we were in the AFC we would have a shot!

@ Raiders
vs Chargers
@ Panthers
vs Falcons
@ Broncos
vs Eagles
@ Saints
vs Rams
@ Falcons (pretty sure ATL will be playing their backups)

bolded are our remaining games i think we win. making us an 8-8 team.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 10-26-2012 at 11:42 AM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It helps that after the Buc's bye week that they played 2 of the worst defenses in the league in terms of PPG.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

VIP is kinda early to think te falcons will e playing back ups in week 17. They may wrap up the division but home field advantage could still be in play.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We lose on tiebreakers so no I don't expect them in the playoffs. War I'm getting at is anyone who has to play them the rest of the way will e in a dog fight because the bucs can hang with contenders as along as freeman continues to play well. They're a year away as they really been adding nice talent the past couple years. It's starting to come together but are still in transition.

Hey! You will not speak to Scotty that way!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Cook out seven to eight weeks with a broken arm.

Cook had been playing really well this year, so this is a huge blow to a shallow Vikings cornerback group.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah average. They've lost every game by 7 points or less. They've been hanging with every team and still very young and inexperienced.
I'm not sure if this was meant to be an argument. They'll probably finish somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7. That's pretty average.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Atlanta
Green Bay
Chicago
San Fran
Seattle
New York

Would be my guess for the playoffs right now.
I can't say i'd have a problem with that. I think Seattle beating both Green Bay (no comments) and Dallas will probably help them in the long run.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings were 3-13 last year but they lost 9 games by 7 points or less, so they were basically a playoff team right?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm rude and ignorant? That's a bit harsh and wrong, but hokay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I'm not sure if this was meant to be an argument. They'll probably finish somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7. That's pretty average.
I'll take average this year and be happy with it after the debacle that was the 2011 season.

The important thing is that the team is finally heading in the right direction and they've had a shot to win every game they've played, which is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself, considering that last year's team was one of the absolute worst in franchise history.

So, yeah... The Bucs are 3-4 and they're probably not going to make the playoffs, but you know what? I've never been happier to be 3-4 and I haven't been this excited about the direction of the team since Tony Dungy's first season as head coach.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I'm rude and ignorant? That's a bit harsh and wrong, but hokay.
I apologize Scotty. I actually read the wrong thread and thought I was quoting you.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I'll take average this year and be happy with it after the debacle that was the 2011 season.

The important thing is that the team is finally heading in the right direction and they've had a shot to win every game they've played, which is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself, considering that last year's team was one of the absolute worst in franchise history.

So, yeah... The Bucs are 3-4 and they're probably not going to make the playoffs, but you know what? I've never been happier to be 3-4 and I haven't been this excited about the direction of the team since Tony Dungy's first season as head coach.
Yeah. Tie breakers are what will do te bucs in. Also wen I say how they lost by 7 points or less in every game I meant they blew that giants game that definately should have been a W. same with Dallas.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah. Tie breakers are what will do te bucs in. Also wen I say how they lost by 7 points or less in every game I meant they blew that giants game that definately should have been a W. same with Dallas.
Eh... I don't think we'll wind up with a good enough record to be worrying about tie breakers, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

I agree with VIP's prediction. 8-8 sounds about where we'll end up, which a one game improvement over my preseason prediction.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Also, the headline of NFL.com's highlight video for last night's game is ridiculous:
Quote:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers steal a win in Minnesota as they take down the Vikings, 36-17 behind running back Doug Martin's 214 total yards and two touchdowns.
What a load of crap that is. The Bucs dominated that game.