Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 10-28-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The WRs have to stop catching the ball at the first down marker and jumping back two yards to try for more YAC. I don't know if that is something they are coached to do but it happened two or three times today when all they needed to do was dive forward. Put us in third and short and as we all know we are terrible at that down and distance.

This revision of the offensive line is so mediocre. Can't put stretches of good play together with any consistency.

And ugh Finley frustrates the hell out of me. Such a big athletic guy that just is missing something. Made some plays today but that deep pass where he waited for the ball to make a basket catch was despicable. At his size he needs to attack that ball and make it his.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
The WRs have to stop catching the ball at the first down marker and jumping back two yards to try for more YAC. I don't know if that is something they are coached to do but it happened two or three times today when all they needed to do was dive forward. Put us in third and short and as we all know we are terrible at that down and distance.
Cobb did that today on 2nd & 2, he got the screen and easily could have gotten 2 or 3 yards, but he danced and only got 1 yard.
That made us have to run on 3rd & 1, and of course no blocks and Alex Green tackled himself for the 2 yard loss and punt.
Quote:
This revision of the offensive line is so mediocre.
They're softer than John Daly's belly.
Quote:
And ugh Finley frustrates the hell out of me......that deep pass where he waited for the ball to make a basket catch was despicable. At his size he needs to attack that ball and make it his.
I'm tired of Finley too and want to change my name and ship his azz out of here.
But that pass was a bad underthrow by Rodgers IMO. He got behind the slow caucasion safety and had the pass been at least over that guy's head level, or much higher, Finley would have gotten his hands on it.... maybe dropped it though. But that was an underthrow and I didn't like Arod calling him out.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

JagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I can see someone skipped over my post. lol.

BK on the sig
JagWired32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagWired32 View Post
LOL at this thread. Nonstop Jaguar bashing. No credit to the Jaguars, it's all about the Packers just having a bad game. Doesn't matter what we did.
look throughout the thread. You'll note that a lot of posts were ripping the Packers for hteir play, and rightfully so.

and I'm sorry, the Jags came in as one of the worst teams in the NFL. They are what they are. Add in they were without quite a few of their key players. The way the Pack played was pitiful, and anybody else would agree.

you really thought that we'd be praising the Jags during the course of that frustrating game? Now that it's over and GB edged by despite their poor play, I'll say "kudos to the Jags" does that make you feel better? I doubt it
Old 10-28-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

JagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
look throughout the thread. You'll note that a lot of posts were ripping the Packers for hteir play, and rightfully so.

and I'm sorry, the Jags came in as one of the worst teams in the NFL. They are what they are. Add in they were without quite a few of their key players. The way the Pack played was pitiful, and anybody else would agree.

you really thought that we'd be praising the Jags during the course of that frustrating game? Now that it's over and GB edged by despite their poor play, I'll say "kudos to the Jags" does that make you feel better? I doubt it
Any given Sunday, and it's laughable how far away fans think teams are from other teams. There are upsets every week, I don't get how any fan can look over another team, seriously.

BK on the sig
Old 10-28-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fair enough

Still though, we know fans think like this(a lot of fans do). This was a matchup that you look at and figured that GB would win even with all of their guys out.

as a fan, it was frustrating to watch them come out and get whooped around on both sides of the ball to a team who was also without a lot of key players(including their best in MJD) AND had won only 1 game all season. I'd say our reactions to the game is all the credit you need to see from how the Jags played today. Nobody was really expecting this sort of game
Old 10-28-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Fair enough

Still though, we know fans think like this(a lot of fans do). This was a matchup that you look at and figured that GB would win even with all of their guys out.

as a fan, it was frustrating to watch them come out and get whooped around on both sides of the ball to a team who was also without a lot of key players(including their best in MJD) AND had won only 1 game all season. I'd say our reactions to the game is all the credit you need to see from how the Jags played today. Nobody was really expecting this sort of game
I see what you mean I guess, my bad, I just get heated when people talk down about my team when they play well I guess. It's been an awful season, Gabbert shows what he is made of and starts right where he left off last week in Oakland and I come in here and see how it was all about GB not playing well and nothing saying how they were surprised by Gabbert. The guy realistically should have had close to 400 yards if Shorts makes that 45 yard grab that got overturned, Lewis holds on to that great pass to him (got hit hard though), and Blackmon gets both feet down on that last drive. I counted 10 drops this game for the Jaguars, just can't do that with a young QB that is fighting threw a torn labrum.

BK on the sig
Old 10-28-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jags did better then expected but lets be real here... Gabbert didnt make many spectacular throws foe the most part guys were left wide open. We make pretty much any QB look like a future HOFer. He had a really nice deep throw that wad overturned and a few others but quite a few were off. An yes there were a lot of drops, being a Packer fan I can feel your pain on that. We must average about 5-10 game.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
The Jags did better then expected but lets be real here... Gabbert didnt make many spectacular throws foe the most part guys were left wide open. We make pretty much any QB look like a future HOFer. He had a really nice deep throw that wad overturned and a few others but quite a few were off. An yes there were a lot of drops, being a Packer fan I can feel your pain on that. We must average about 5-10 game.
Eh, there was some that was wide open (that one to Shorts on the sideline where he got 3 feet inbounds). There was numerous times where I was wow'd by his throws though. That one to Lewis went by your jumping LB and if it was a little behind Lewis that gets picked off. If he doesn't drop that it's one hell of a pass. He had some off throws, but he's 22/23 and still working on his game.

BK on the sig
Old 10-29-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently that blocked punt came with only 10 Packer players on the field. Funny how it works don't block a punt for like 20 years, put 10 men on the field and we block it.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any given Sunday, and it's laughable how far away fans think teams are from other teams. There are upsets every week, I don't get how any fan can look over another team, seriously.
For an upset to occur, the losing team must had been way better than the winning team. This concerdicts your opinion of the margin of talent from team a and team b isn't as wide as us fans make it out to be. Plus, that's a false statement of its own. Not every team is the same in talent level.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess we saw the score of the Bears over Jax, I think 41-7, and even missing our starting 2 WRs and starting RB, and starting 2 LILB and Woodson and starting #2 CB Shields, we expected a blowout.... like the Vegas pointspread had.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I guess we saw the score of the Bears over Jax, I think 41-7, and even missing our starting 2 WRs and starting RB, and starting 2 LILB and Woodson and starting #2 CB Shields, we expected a blowout.... like the Vegas pointspread had.
It was 3-3 at halftime, than the Bears defense went HAM and we did nothing on offense and the defense got overworked. Was worried that would happen at times against GB because we had -1 yard in the 3rd quarter. When your defense is constantly on the field, things like the Chicago game happen, especially when we had 2 healthy DE's.

BK on the sig
Old 10-29-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
For an upset to occur, the losing team must had been way better than the winning team. This concerdicts your opinion of the margin of talent from team a and team b isn't as wide as us fans make it out to be. Plus, that's a false statement of its own. Not every team is the same in talent level.
Can't say I agree with any of this. When a team that has had **** for QB play for 3-4 weeks of 7, and that QB finally turns it on and moves the offense down the field, that alone makes it a winnable game for any team. If you get good QB play, you always have a good chance at winning.

BK on the sig