Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-28-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default To the Jake Locker Fan Base.....

...how much more proof do you need that he isn't a top tier QB prospect? I mean, seriously. Now that the senior bowl practice is over, are you going to tell us to wait until the combine?
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
...how much more proof do you need that he isn't a top tier QB prospect? I mean, seriously. Now that the senior bowl practice is over, are you going to tell us to wait until the combine?
him flaming out of nfl, then i'll believe it.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ask the same thing.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott mentioned on a podcast that there will still be a team that has him top 15, another as a 3rd and the rest in the middle.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No more proof. I have maintained if he didn't have a good Senior Bowl he's not a first round pick and I'm sticking with it.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has been very unimpressive so far. By unimpressive, I mean he doesn't stick out like a top QB prospect should stick out. I'd still like to see how he does in the game, and I'd probably even give him the benefit of doubt at the combine and Pro Day, but I still doubt my opinion of Jake Locker will change.

I don't see how people ever saw 1st round potential in him... even in his Junior year, I was very unimpressed.
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought I heard that he got a second round grade from the draft advisory board last year...did I make that up?

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I thought I heard that he got a second round grade from the draft advisory board last year...did I make that up?
Those guys are pretty spot on. Vernon Gholston was given a 3rd round grade, even though he was drafted in the top 5. He was really a 3rd talent.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What exactly does it mean to be a "Jake Locker fan". I personally think he has a chance to be a very good NFL QB if he's handled with care and hooks up with a good QB guru, but fully admit that he'll likely be overdrafted because there are so many holes where quarterbacks should be in NFL rosters. If he can end up somewhere where he gets to sit for a couple of years, he could easily be the best QB of this class.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Those guys are pretty spot on. Vernon Gholston was given a 3rd round grade, even though he was drafted in the top 5. He was really a 3rd talent.
Yet people talk crap about them all the time.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
you should ask the people that keep saying alex smith will be good
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis

He's all athlete. His accuracy is round 7 quality. The only reason there is hype is the strength of his arm and his running ability, 2 of the least important skills of a quarterback. He will bust, I can guarantee that.
PatrickWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
No more proof. I have maintained if he didn't have a good Senior Bowl he's not a first round pick and I'm sticking with it.
When he gets picked in the first i'll let you back in the boat, even though i shouldnt.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had an up and down week, not a bad one. I don't think he's a top ten value or even top fifteen value, but it's not like we went out there and **** the bed. He had two very good days, one mediocre one, and one bad one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickWillis View Post
He's all athlete. His accuracy is round 7 quality. The only reason there is hype is the strength of his arm and his running ability, 2 of the least important skills of a quarterback. He will bust, I can guarantee that.
You can't say arm strength is one of the least important skills to a quarterback. That simply isn't true. People have begun to underrate arm strength because of guys like Jamarcus and Kyle Boller. The thing is, the difference between having an A+ and a B to B+ NFL arm isn't all that significant in having NFL success. The difference between having a B+ arm compared to a C to C+ arm is very significant. There are no successful/above average QB's who don't have the ability to consistently make all the throws.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
He had an up and down week, not a bad one. I don't think he's a top ten value or even top fifteen value, but it's not like we went out there and **** the bed. He had two very good days, one mediocre one, and one bad one.
It was pretty quiet in here tuesday and wednesday.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
It was pretty quiet in here tuesday and wednesday.
That's the nature of draft message boards. When the guys you've predetermined won't be successful on whatever random basis you so chose are doing well, you keep your mouth shut. Then you pounce on absolutely anything so you can go "HAHAHAHA I WAS RIGHT" rather than be objective. That's boring.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-28-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks like he was David Carr'd (after being #1 and playing behind an abysmal OL) at Washington. He has little to no confidence in his pocket and his accuracy suffers from it.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's the nature of draft message boards. When the guys you've predetermined won't be successful on whatever random basis you so chose are doing well, you keep your mouth shut. Then you pounce on absolutely anything so you can go "HAHAHAHA I WAS RIGHT" rather than be objective. That's boring.
Um...day 2 and day 3 were quiet not because he did well...it was because he did the same thing as every other day in the week. He was inconsistent both days, he'll throw a pretty pass and follow it up with a horrible one and a checkdown or two. His mechanics are sound, it's his accuracy and inconsistency that are in question. When your mechanics can't be improved much and you're still inaccurate and inconsistent it just leaves questions to coaches if your ceiling is actually that high.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
Um...day 2 and day 3 were quiet not because he did well...it was because he did the same thing as every other day in the week. He was inconsistent both days, he'll throw a pretty pass and follow it up with a horrible one and a checkdown or two. His mechanics are sound, it's his accuracy and inconsistency that are in question. When your mechanics can't be improved much and you're still inaccurate and inconsistent it just leaves questions to coaches if your ceiling is actually that high.
That's contrary to what both the reports here and what reports elsewhere said. Day 2 and 3 were pretty good by most accounts. Day 1 was meh. Day 4 was bad and there's no getting around that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-28-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Tebow had a bad Senior Bowl, so it's not like Locker has necessarily killed his chances of being a first round pick.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone will pick him in the first.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Tim Tebow had a bad Senior Bowl, so it's not like Locker has necessarily killed his chances of being a first round pick.
23 teams passed on Tebow (including the team that eventually picked him) and the guy that did end up picking him got fired midseason last year for, in large part being an execrable general manager.

I don't think we can take anything from the saga of Josh McDaniels other than "don't draft like Josh McDaniels."
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
meh, a guy who has 9 sacks as a sophomore and 15 sacks as a junior and is as athletic and strong as Gholston was had no chance of going lower than the first round no matter what team we're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Exploder View Post
I don't see how people ever saw 1st round potential in him... even in his Junior year, I was very unimpressed.

well the difference between his ability as a passer during his first year plus at Washington and what he showed his junior year under Sarkisian was night and day. It's the fact that he regressed after his junior year that was so devastating.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's contrary to what both the reports here and what reports elsewhere said. Day 2 and 3 were pretty good by most accounts. Day 1 was meh. Day 4 was bad and there's no getting around that.
What are you talking about? Even Scott's reports say his inconsistencies and accuracy issues were still there on those days, the only difference was that they weren't his worse days. From what I see all the scouts saying, at best, those days were mediocre.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote