Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 11-07-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bengals in contract years

Here is a list of Bengals in their last years of a contract with the Bengals and how much they hit on the cap.

CB - Nate Clements - 5.5 Mil
S - Chris Crocker - 875k
C - Jeff Faine - 1.4 mil
DE - Robert Geathers - 6.23 mil
DT - Wallace Gilberry - 540k
QB - Bruce Gradkowsk - 2 mil
TE - Clark Harris - 1.26 mil
WR - Andrew Hawkins - 465k
P - Kevin Huber - 1.3 mil
DE - Michael Johnson - 1.62 mil

CB - Adam Jones - 950k
LB - Manny Lawson - 2.1 mil
RB - Brian Leonard - 1 mil
LB - Rey Maualuga - 1.15 mil

CB - Jeremy Miles - 540k
CB - Terence Newman - 825k
K - Mike Nugent - 2.64 mil
RB - Cedric Peerman - 540k
TE - Richard Quinn - 615k
LB - Vincent Rey - 540k
OT - Dennis Roland - 765k
LB - Dan Skuta - 1.26 mil
OT - Andre Smith - 7.5 mil
WR - Brandon Tate - 573k
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of these players will not be back. I can see us parting ways with Clements, Geathers, Johnson, Lawson, Maualuga, Faine, Newman, Crocker, and possibly others. If we do not resign the ones a mentioned that is almost 20 million in more cap space. Where and how could the Bengals even begin to spend that? Plus there is already the money we already have. I believe we are projected to have a 40 million cap room.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:23 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thanks for racking these up.

I think this departing list is still TBD that depends on how they finish this year. From your departing list, I think there is a chance that Johnson and Mauluga may be resigned. Thought that Ray had one of his better games last week after being called out, Burfict on the other hand had one of his worst games. If Ray and Johnson distinguish themselves down the stretch against some tough teams, and I hope they do, then we might be seeing these guys in Bengal stripes next year.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post
Thanks for racking these up.

I think this departing list is still TBD that depends on how they finish this year. From your departing list, I think there is a chance that Johnson and Mauluga may be resigned. Thought that Ray had one of his better games last week after being called out, Burfict on the other hand had one of his worst games. If Ray and Johnson distinguish themselves down the stretch against some tough teams, and I hope they do, then we might be seeing these guys in Bengal stripes next year.
It really scares me that Johnson will get a huge contract based off a few good games this year.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We let crocker go at the beginning of this season, and it turned out really poorly for us. Resigning him for the last 3-4 games has been one of the best moves we made all year. I think it will be mistake to let him go again unless we have big plans to replace him in FA / the draft (or we keep Clements at SS).

I think Faine will be back if he wants to come back, because he did a really good job of stepping in and filling a void for us on short notice.

As for mauluga, I don't want him back personally unless he keeps his play up for the rest of the year. The first 5-7 weeks of watching him was miserable, and I don't think it was a fluke that burfict played so well.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
We let crocker go at the beginning of this season, and it turned out really poorly for us. Resigning him for the last 3-4 games has been one of the best moves we made all year. I think it will be mistake to let him go again unless we have big plans to replace him in FA / the draft (or we keep Clements at SS).

I think Faine will be back if he wants to come back, because he did a really good job of stepping in and filling a void for us on short notice.

As for mauluga, I don't want him back personally unless he keeps his play up for the rest of the year. The first 5-7 weeks of watching him was miserable, and I don't think it was a fluke that burfict played so well.
Burfict was no fluke at all. I thought he was worth a draft pick even with all the baggage that he was said to have. I felt he was worth around the late 3 early 4 range even before his play this year. He has really stepped up and played well. Really hope for the best with the guy.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only ones I would bother resigning would be Hawk, Hubie, MJ, Pac, Nuge, and Andre with Andre being priority #1.

Faine probably has little chance of being resigned BTW. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if he were cut at some point in the near future.

EDIT: one of Clements or Newman is another I'd resign too. Forgot those. Would like to keep Leonard and Peerman as well.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 12-04-2012 at 01:28 PM.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

I imagine that Andre has to be priority #1 going into the offseason. I don't see Geathers being resigned with that same contract. He got that last one after that great sack season he had...and he hasn't done anything since except this year he has 3.5 sacks. Still his will drop significantly. MJ will get a big contract and the Bengals will prolly give it to him. I just hope he stays up to what he has done this year. I think they will resign Gilberry as he has been a good rotation player. I think Newman has a chance to stay on and Clements will be out the door. We pay Clements alot to play Corner and he has already been moved to safety. He hasn't played well either. He did last year, but he is getting older. My predictions are -

CB - Nate Clements - 5.5 Mil -Drop-
S - Chris Crocker - 875k -resign-
C - Jeff Faine - 1.4 mil -Drop-
DE - Robert Geathers - 6.23 mil -Drop-
DT - Wallace Gilberry - 540k -resign-
QB - Bruce Gradkowsk - 2 mil -resign-
TE - Clark Harris - 1.26 mil -drop-
WR - Andrew Hawkins - 465k -resign-
P - Kevin Huber - 1.3 mil -resign-
DE - Michael Johnson - 1.62 mil -resign-
CB - Adam Jones - 950k -resign-
LB - Manny Lawson - 2.1 mil -resign-
RB - Brian Leonard - 1 mil -drop-
LB - Rey Maualuga - 1.15 mil -resign-
CB - Jeremy Miles - 540k -resign-
CB - Terence Newman - 825k -resign-
K - Mike Nugent - 2.64 mil -resign-
RB - Cedric Peerman - 540k -resign-
TE - Richard Quinn - 615k -resign-
LB - Vincent Rey - 540k -resign-
OT - Dennis Roland - 765k -resign-
LB - Dan Skuta - 1.26 mil -resign-
OT - Andre Smith - 7.5 mil -resign-
WR - Brandon Tate - 573k -drop-
Old 12-06-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Faine was waived today to make room for that new Kicker we signed.

BTW what the hell is up with all these injuries in practice? Nuge, Hawk, Sanu, B Scott, Ghee, and Howard have all missed significant time due to injuries sustained on the practice field.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Biggest problem is, and for a change this is a GOOD problem, we have too many young stars. Essentially in the next 2 years we will need to re-sign Dunlap, Green, Dalton, Andre Smith and Atkins. That will not leave much room as Mike Brown does not back load contracts. The ones above are the priority with second tier priorities being guys like Maualuga, Huber, Nugent and Johnson. Geathers, Clements, Lawson are overpaid in my mind and are replaceable. I would be very reluctant to resign Rey M as he simply has not been consistent mentally and in shape physically to get a large deal.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Here is a list of Bengals in their last years of a contract with the Bengals and how much they hit on the cap.

CB - Nate Clements - 5.5 Mil
S - Chris Crocker - 875k
C - Jeff Faine - 1.4 mil
DE - Robert Geathers - 6.23 mil
DT - Wallace Gilberry - 540k
QB - Bruce Gradkowsk - 2 mil
TE - Clark Harris - 1.26 mil
WR - Andrew Hawkins - 465k
P - Kevin Huber - 1.3 mil
DE - Michael Johnson - 1.62 mil

CB - Adam Jones - 950k
LB - Manny Lawson - 2.1 mil
RB - Brian Leonard - 1 mil
LB - Rey Maualuga - 1.15 mil

CB - Jeremy Miles - 540k
CB - Terence Newman - 825k
K - Mike Nugent - 2.64 mil
RB - Cedric Peerman - 540k
TE - Richard Quinn - 615k
LB - Vincent Rey - 540k
OT - Dennis Roland - 765k
LB - Dan Skuta - 1.26 mil
OT - Andre Smith - 7.5 mil
WR - Brandon Tate - 573k
Looking at this list, here's the guys I don't want back: Brandon Tate, Roland, Lawson, Crcoker and Faine who is already gone. I want to bring back Clements and Geathers at a reduced price and I think we have to pay big to keep MJ and Andre. I want Malauluga back now as he is playing better, and I think it's pretty important to get Adam Jones back along with some of our ST guys. You don't want to be hurt by the loss of too many STers every year as we have in the past. I think Roland can be replaced with a mid round draft pick, but if they really like him and can keep him for the cheap I'm OK with it.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote