Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
They do mention the military and I think its a main aspect of the alliance, which is perfectly fine. As for incentives and stipulations, they would need to walk a fine line with that, as anything that provided any country with an advantage within the EU, and thus put the excluded countries at a disadvantage, would violate EU law.
Correct again sir. I'm more lenient with the first turn, as people are just starting to get acquainted with their countries and are making more large, sweeping generalized policies as opposed to more specific policies and such.

Also, I think people might be surprised at some of the responses I give haha. I try to be pretty fair and balanced, but one thing I'll remind people of is that change happens slow.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're looking for unanimous consent within the EU, you'll have to get it from one of the other countries.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be honest, I don't really know what I'm doing (I think that's the case amongst the majority of us...). So yea, if I trampled on any EU things I didn't do it on purpose. In addition, our little alliance thing started out as kind of a joke and I don't think there are really any major parts to it aside from the whole opening our universities education piece.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah unfortunately as this has gone on I feel like I an getting in over my head. I had hoped that as more people posted I would be okay but I just feel like I am no where near informed enough to make competent decisions.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is tougher now than it will be going forward. Once **** goes down, panic mode will kick in and you'll have to make quick decisions based more on instinct than knowledge.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Rob is right, that its more the first step that is difficult than the remaining ones. The first step requires a lot of research, but the following steps I expect to be more reactionary. I'm personally trying to avoid direct figures in order to prevent it from becoming unnecessarily bureaucratic, basically being somewhat general without being generic. As for the EU thing, I'm a European Studies minor, just happened to notice the overlap in the alliance thing.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling someone will attack me, my plan for peace will fail, and I will be bombing some mofos.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm at work and have class all day until 7 today i will try to write some parts when I can but won't fully be able to until i get off!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Yeah unfortunately as this has gone on I feel like I an getting in over my head. I had hoped that as more people posted I would be okay but I just feel like I am no where near informed enough to make competent decisions.
Haha, that's very understandable. It's tough to really know about a country but there are a lot of resources that can help with this. You don't have to be too specific the first turn. Most people aren't because they want flexibility in how they react and it gives them more time to research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I think Rob is right, that its more the first step that is difficult than the remaining ones. The first step requires a lot of research, but the following steps I expect to be more reactionary. I'm personally trying to avoid direct figures in order to prevent it from becoming unnecessarily bureaucratic, basically being somewhat general without being generic. As for the EU thing, I'm a European Studies minor, just happened to notice the overlap in the alliance thing.
Agreed. The first step is always the hardest. I've done this a lot before, and as we go on and potentially start new games people get much more comfortable when they get to see others handling certain countries and in general react accordingly.

I'll be interested to see if anyone takes any sort of military action. One thing I always do is encourage people to be specific with that. The more specific and well-thought out your plan of attack is, the better chance it has to succeed. Usually, people always attack in the covert action thread (which I will then publicize in my response if it is a large scale action as that is impossible to stay hidden).

Also, if anyone is having second thoughts and doesn't feel like they want to do this anymore just let me know. Fenikz dropped out so Iran is no longer a user-controlled country.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooo that feels half assed :-/
Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poland says **** all your long writeups
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should be out of work in under an hour, depending on when my replacement shows up. I'll get it in when I get home, so probably just a little after seven. Nothing too crazy, to start. I know you were all expecting big things from the Danes.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Since it seems like a few people are hovering around the deadline I'm going to extend it until 9 p.m. (EST) tonight.

Also, do not forget to send in your covert actions. Even if you don't want to do anything, just PM me saying so. Some have posted action summaries but not sent be covert action summaries.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like I should be reading those write-ups...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no clue what I'm doing really so my first write up will likely be crap.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Almost everyone's stuff is in. I have not heard anything from Renji so I will likely proceed without his response. Rufus dropped out due to time constraints which is perfectly understandable.

I've already begun my write up and once I have bantx's I can really dive into it. It will be broken down, country by country, as well as a global events and news section.

Should be fun. I think you guys will enjoy the responses. Keep in mind, more detailed and specific action summaries get longer and more specific responses. The first turn is the toughest and you certainly don't need to write an essay but the more specific you are the better off you will do (more than likely).
Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

North Korea and Iran dropped out. Lame.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Well, I don't know of Renji dropped but I'm probably going to advance without him and determine that later.

Needless to say, I can't give an ETA when my response will be up as it's quite a bit of writing but I am working away on it.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Well, I don't know of Renji dropped but I'm probably going to advance without him and determine that later.

Needless to say, I can't give an ETA when my response will be up as it's quite a bit of writing but I am working away on it.
Yeah, I'd proceed. Just a shame because those are the 2 nations most likely to stir up some serious ****.

Anyway, take your time. This obviously is an incredible amount of work.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, it is a lot of writing. Normally I have 2-3 other people doing write ups.

I do a lot of pre-writing during the week as people's posts come in. They all kind of came at the end though making it somewhat more difficult but I should have it done by tonight hopefully.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
North Korea and Iran dropped out. Lame.
I feel it's because I called out their ****** alliance. Only China remains!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not out, sent in stuff

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Nice. Good to see we still have one trouble maker around to stir **** up!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I'm hoping the write up should be up within the next hour or so. Most of it was just getting the backbone in place, which makes it easier for the future.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I feel it's because I called out their ****** alliance. Only China remains!
You really think this is mafia...

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote