Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Can't wait for a win and a 4.5 game lead on the Jets with 5 to go.
I think we'll beat you... i hope...

This game means 10,000x more to us than it does to you.

luckily we didn't say **** this time to give any bulletin board material.

Last edited by soybean : 11-20-2012 at 07:58 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buccaneers are going to roll.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

All the stars are aligned for a big-time Jets upset.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

Yeah. I think the Jets (even if they win the game against NE), are still basically eliminated from winning the division if NE can go 3-2 over the last 5 (@Miami, Houston, SF, @Jacksonville, Miami) which should be fairly doable. If we somehow split the SF and Houston games to go 4-1...

At least according to the playoff machine. However, the Jets likely can't make the playoffs at all without that win.

I still expect it to be a tough game. The Jets are still good (despite their record) even after losing Revis and Holmes. Without Gronk, Chandler Jones, and maybe others (Hernandez? Chung?) The Jets should have a great chance of winning.

But obviously, I don't want to see that :/
Old 11-21-2012, 04:44 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, RG3, please go off on the Cowboys. Living in Dallas, nothing makes my social media feeds more hilarious than the Cowboys losing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Yeah. I think the Jets (even if they win the game against NE), are still basically eliminated from winning the division if NE can go 3-2 over the last 5 (@Miami, Houston, SF, @Jacksonville, Miami) which should be fairly doable. If we somehow split the SF and Houston games to go 4-1...

At least according to the playoff machine. However, the Jets likely can't make the playoffs at all without that win.

I still expect it to be a tough game. The Jets are still good (despite their record) even after losing Revis and Holmes. Without Gronk, Chandler Jones, and maybe others (Hernandez? Chung?) The Jets should have a great chance of winning.

But obviously, I don't want to see that :/
I trust us way more to turn it around after a big win on a short week than I do the jets who can't even manage to not mutiny against themselves despite winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
fantastic... a thursday night game i couldn't care less about, and we get to lose to the chiefs... ugh. at least the lions game should be decent.
You drunk dude? The Broncos will win by at least 20.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
just wait. we haven't had our traditional 'choke to a bad team' moment yet. it's coming.
You have Peyton now. The only choking you'll do is in the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you can throw a bunch of glitter at a donkey, but it's still just a donkey.

and we'll only choke if we play new england, who will hopefully lose to the jets and everyone else left on their schedule and miss the playoffs entirely.
If we somehow manage to play a worse game than we did last time we played the Jets I will be very surprised although this team hasn't failed to amaze me with the ways we let teams back into games. Fortunately even in a game where we did everything wrong in the 4th the Jets still couldn't take a gift wrapped game from us so I don't think that will happen. I would be ok with you guys losing another game or two to give us some breathing room for the 3 seed tho..... And the Ravens too, feel free to drop a couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't say I'm that worried about playing the Broncos considering the Patriots have averaged 39 PPG against them over the past three meetings. Peyton Manning is obviously going to produce against anyone, but can he really be expected to keep up with that?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Hey, RG3, please go off on the Cowboys. Living in Dallas, nothing makes my social media feeds more hilarious than the Cowboys losing.
Precisely. I go to school in Fort Worth at TCU, and everyone here's a Cowboys fan. I love watching them struggle, and hearing the moans about how bad everyone's Sunday's were since the 'Boys lost.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
fully in on the ravens dropping a few. it would be nice to be fighting for the 2 seed, instead of a mostly irrelevant 3/4 seed.
I know your'e a pessimist but golly, the Broncos have looked incredible this season and have the best QB of all time...

Last edited by gpngc : 11-21-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

There is a game this week that has some pretty crazy playoff implications that no one is talking about.

BUFFALO @ INDIANAPOLIS. A loss by Buffalo takes them out of it. A win, and they are RIGHT BACK INTO IT.

A loss by Indy sets them way back, whereas a win maintains the slight edge they have over the frisky 4-6ers/Bengals AND shuts down the Bills for good.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had a small conversation about that game in the last week's thread. A pretty big one, yeah, but mostly for the Bills, and nobody cares about the Bills.

That said, I think we're playing as well as any of those teams trying to get back into it and think we can do well, this week.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'd care if you'd start beating new england.
We're one for our last four. That's good for us!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are outside expectations for Giants/Packers on SNF?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
just wait. we haven't had our traditional 'choke to a bad team' moment yet. it's coming.
Okay, so it is not just me. I had a nightmare about Jamal Charles dropping 300 combined yards on us this week, and our running back platoon and punt returners fumbling away 4 balls between them. It seemed really, really real.
Timbathia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
What are outside expectations for Giants/Packers on SNF?
I'm assuming the Packers win and win big.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC just locked up the #1 pick.

Jacksonville put Blaine Gabbert on IR... Chad Henne to the rescue.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I can't say I'm that worried about playing the Broncos considering the Patriots have averaged 39 PPG against them over the past three meetings. Peyton Manning is obviously going to produce against anyone, but can he really be expected to keep up with that?
And they don't even have any more of the Tebow magic laying around.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He missed Hill on that play but I'm pretty sure Mark has ZERO confidence in Hill. He has been awful. The guy has stone hands.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the hell even sign him in the first place then? Plax was available.

In other news, Harbaugh just told Alex Smith that Kaepernick is going to be starting on Sunday.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Why the hell even sign him in the first place then? Plax was available.
That was Stephen Hill, whom we drafted. You're thinking about Jason Hill.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Ah, my bad. Can't pass up that opportunity though. If he drops it, then it's on him.