Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
you want to know the next best thing for the CFL to produce. Timmy Chang. Yep the record breaker from Hawaii, signed with Hamilton Tiger-Cats. He will succeed because in the CFL they run similar offense to which he used at Hawaii. He should be very effective next year, just watch out for that. Thats the type of game they play in the CFL. much different than the NFL.
I hope Chang suceeds, Im a big fan of his.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NFL obviously.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
NFL obviously.
Give this man a hand for contributing the most well thought post out of anyone who has posted in this thread.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

this isnt a debate as to which is better. Too many people think the CFL is a walk in the park, yet they have no idea. Obvioulsy the NFL is much more attractive to play in, and one would 100/100 times choose the NFL. But still the CFL is there, and the players, game, coaching style, aspects are different. bottom line.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Players who probably wouldn't fit in the CFL:
Bruisers who can't catch, block, get outside, or a combination of the three.

Big, fat defensive nose tackles(think Ted Washington)

Weak armed, unathletic QBs

Everyone else, yeah, they'd be great. A guy like Westbrook or Bush would pretty much be the best CFL player ever. Obviously Tomlinson too. I'm the biggest Canada sticker-up-for-er on the forum and I'll admit that the talent gap is relatively large. But the main reason for that is the NFL just has more money, and Canadian Universities don't give out full athletic scholarships unless you also have like a 95 average. Not to mention, The US has 300 million people to Canada's 30 million. AND, in Canada hockey is the main sport and takes up at least 70% of all top athletes in Canada. At least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post

Everyone else, yeah, they'd be great. A guy like Westbrook or Bush would pretty much be the best CFL player ever. Obviously Tomlinson too. I'm the biggest Canada sticker-up-for-er on the forum and I'll admit that the talent gap is relatively large. But the main reason for that is the NFL just has more money, and Canadian Universities don't give out full athletic scholarships unless you also have like a 95 average. Not to mention, The US has 300 million people to Canada's 30 million. AND, in Canada hockey is the main sport and takes up at least 70% of all top athletes in Canada. At least.

Anybody who is good at either basketball or football always goes to the US if they can. It just doesn't make financial sense to stay in Canada.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:

very well put..but as far as i know (because im dealing with it right now) i dont think many schools even offer any money, let alone full scholorships. there are a select few that do, and i believe that its only out west and out east. thats it, nothing in ontario. also..i would be hesitant to call it an athletic scholorship since athletic ability almost has nothing to do with it...more so do your marks.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
very well put..but as far as i know (because im dealing with it right now) i dont think many schools even offer any money, let alone full scholorships. there are a select few that do, and i believe that its only out west and out east. thats it, nothing in ontario. also..i would be hesitant to call it an athletic scholorship since athletic ability almost has nothing to do with it...more so do your marks.
Schools weren't allowed to give out money for athletics before. I believe they can give out a bit now, but still no full athletic scholarships.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

CFL vs AFL.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
I'm the biggest Canada sticker-up-for-er on the forum and I'll admit that the talent gap is relatively large.
Screw you, hippie.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Schools weren't allowed to give out money for athletics before. I believe they can give out a bit now, but still no full athletic scholarships.
what they give out now..the student has to have at least like an 85 % average and thata just to qualify for like a $2000-$3000 scholorship. hardly anything. if your going away from home.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Screw you, hippie.
haha, :) thats funny

Old 04-01-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The best player the CFL ever had was a career backup in the NFL.

But yes, your points are valid.
Jeff Garcia?

Old 04-01-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
what they give out now..the student has to have at least like an 85 % average and thata just to qualify for like a $2000-$3000 scholorship. hardly anything. if your going away from home.
That's considered an academic scholarship though. I was offered money like that and my average was only about 86%.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Billingsley is trying to point out that different players have different skillsets that are better suited for either league. Darren Sproles would probably be an MVP in the CFL, while Matt Leinart probably would be less effective than Timmy Chang or Casey Printers.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My friend was offerred 8000 to go to McMaster.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-01-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I think Billingsley is trying to point out that different players have different skillsets that are better suited for either league. Darren Sproles would probably be an MVP in the CFL, while Matt Leinart probably would be less effective than Timmy Chang or Casey Printers.
thank you very much...that is exactly what im trying to say!!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Michael Vick in the CFL would be amazing.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
My friend was offerred 8000 to go to McMaster.
ya i was offered money to go to St. FX...who is it going to Mac? is it this year?
Old 04-01-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
ya i was offered money to go to St. FX...who is it going to Mac? is it this year?
Eric Grayson, a Toronto all-star QB with a 90+ average. He hasn't decided between Mac or Western yet. Western offerred way less money but the coach really likes him. I wish he came back for a 5th year so we could really dominate.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-01-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

ya Vick would terrorize the CFL...he would probably break evrey rushing record held by a RB, and every passing record!! jeez... the big field would help him sooo much....but the only thing is hes got about 110 millions reasons to stay in atlanta.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Eric Grayson, a Toronto all-star QB with a 90+ average. He hasn't decided between Mac or Western yet. Western offerred way less money but the coach really likes him. I wish he came back for a 5th year so we could really dominate.
true...their both good situations...i like western tho cuz of marshall. what school u play for? im from peel.

also, i think that one day the CIS could possibly get a move on it, and work their way up to the NCAA...it will take years and money to do so, but they would need to make many exceptions for students and offer many scholorshiops. facilites are getting there, after just seeing Uof T's new stuff, things are looking up.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
true...their both good situations...i like western tho cuz of marshall. what school u play for? im from peel.

also, i think that one day the CIS could possibly get a move on it, and work their way up to the NCAA...it will take years and money to do so, but they would need to make many exceptions for students and offer many scholorshiops. facilites are getting there, after just seeing Uof T's new stuff, things are looking up.
UBC might move to NCAA....

I play for Northern, and MTW in the OV. Where do/did you go?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-01-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I heard a rumour that the CIS was trying to collaborate with the NCAA. Any truth to this?
Old 04-01-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Give this man a hand for contributing the most well thought post out of anyone who has posted in this thread.
NFL BECAUSE...

Bigger Ball = Easier TO Catch and Clutch while running

Bigger Endzone = Easier for Throwing TDs. Requires less Prescision

NFL
= Better Talent, Rules and Officiating. I hate playing High School ball with CFL rules, i always forget the downs,

1 Point Punt - The fact a punt can win the game pisses me off. I lost a game off a last second punt once.

NFL has overall better games, players, schemes etc.

NOTE**** I'm Canadian Too

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote