Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Comment duly noted and discarded.
surrender noted.:roll:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canadian teams cant play w/ American, rules are diferent

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
NFL BECAUSE...

1 Point Punt - The fact a punt can win the game pisses me off. I lost a game off a last second punt once.
I've lost 2 playoff games from late punts.........

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I heard a rumour that the CIS was trying to collaborate with the NCAA. Any truth to this?
THATT WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOO COOL!!!!!!! But BC is so far away from Ontario:( :(

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
NFL BECAUSE...

Bigger Ball = Easier TO Catch and Clutch while running

Bigger Endzone = Easier for Throwing TDs. Requires less Prescision

NFL
= Better Talent, Rules and Officiating. I hate playing High School ball with CFL rules, i always forget the downs,

1 Point Punt - The fact a punt can win the game pisses me off. I lost a game off a last second punt once.

NFL has overall better games, players, schemes etc.

NOTE**** I'm Canadian Too
how does a punt score a point? im a candian football noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
If the ball is punted in the endzone (touchback), the punting team gets one point. It's called a rouge I think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-01-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
If you decide to punt and it goes passed the endzone its a point. That rule brings shame upan Canadians.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If you decide to punt and it goes passed the endzone its a point. That rule brings shame upan Canadians.
It can also happen on kickoffs.....

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-01-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
i like it personally...its the same as the 5-yard rule on kicks. Basically if a punt is kicked into the endzone you MUST run it out or give up a point to the other team. I think its better since it mean that you cant take the easy way out and take a knee and get 20 yards out of it. This makes it tougher.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
i like it personally...its the same as the 5-yard rule on kicks. Basically if a punt is kicked into the endzone you MUST run it out or give up a point to the other team. I think its better since it mean that you cant take the easy way out and take a knee and get 20 yards out of it. This makes it tougher.
KICKOFF's okay because it would take a really strong leg to accomplish a touchback. But a PUNT IS GAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
UBC might move to NCAA....

I play for Northern, and MTW in the OV. Where do/did you go?
i play for st. francis xavier in peel...and miss warriors in OV, but this year going to halton, good situation, dont know if you know yet, but the coaching staff is unreal.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
KICKOFF's okay because it would take a really strong leg to accomplish a touchback. But a PUNT IS GAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just think its tougher to pull off. in american rules if the returner doesnt want to return the he take the knee and gets the touchback. now you HAVE to return it or else u give up a point. it makes it more competitive. BTW i have seen a team kick it out out the endzone on a kickoff...mind you it was fairly windy.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
i play for st. francis xavier in peel...and miss warriors in OV, but this year going to halton, good situation, dont know if you know yet, but the coaching staff is unreal.
Halton should be a good team if they get all the Burlington boys. We got absolutely trashed by Missisauga in Jr. OV.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-01-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if it goes out of bounds is it a touchback, cuz then if two teams were tied up, all a team would have to do is punt out of bounds, ratther than risk a bad FG

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Halton should be a good team if they get all the Burlington boys. We got absolutely trashed by Missisauga in Jr. OV.
our coaching staff has chris hadly (Cal, NE Patriots), Joe Paupau (ottawa Renegades, Darryl Adraline (Toronto Argos). crazy names. were not gonna get any burlington guys..their staying with the stampeders.

the JV warriors were solid last year, should've won, but they lose alot this year, should be tough for them.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
So if it goes out of bounds is it a touchback, cuz then if two teams were tied up, all a team would have to do is punt out of bounds, ratther than risk a bad FG
If the punt goes out of bounds in the endzone, yes. I've seen a team go for a FG, down 1 point and miss when they should have gone for the punt to get a sure tie.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-01-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
out of bounds still gets you a point. and ya that kinda sucks cuz there is nothing the returning team can do, but yea it does get u a point.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The best player the CFL ever had was a career backup in the NFL.

But yes, your points are valid.
what about a player like Jeff Garcia, who spent a lot of time in the CFL, im also assuming the backup u r reffering to is Flutie, but he did make it to the pro bowl before. ALso Warren MOon im sure would give a lot of credit for his success to the CFL, where they didnt care about the colour of his skin, and only how he played
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
what about a player like Jeff Garcia, who spent a lot of time in the CFL, im also assuming the backup u r reffering to is Flutie, but he did make it to the pro bowl before. ALso Warren MOon im sure would give a lot of credit for his success to the CFL, where they didnt care about the colour of his skin, and only how he played
YES...id like to say i ran this guy out of this thread! he had no idea what he was talking about. Warren Moon would probably be the best player in the CFL consdiering he played for arond 5 years, and won 5 straight grey cups.. then went on to dominate the NFL. Doug Flutie would be 2nd, only because had Moon stayed longer than the 5 years he would have done more. but i would have to say Warren Moon.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NFL BECAUSE...

Bigger Ball = Easier TO Catch and Clutch while running

Bigger Endzone = Easier for Throwing TDs. Requires less Prescision

NFL
= Better Talent, Rules and Officiating. I hate playing High School ball with CFL rules, i always forget the downs,

NFL has overall better games, players, schemes etc.

NOTE**** I'm Canadian Too
LOL I won a game on a last second punt in OT. That game was epic. But then in the playoffs, the SAME TEAM beat us the SAME WAY, except their's was with 17 seconds left in the 4th. Karma's a *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Last edited by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) : 04-01-2007 at 10:05 PM.
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
LOL I won a game on a last second punt in OT. That game was epic. But then in the playoffs, the SAME TEAM beat us the SAME WAY, except their's was with 17 seconds left in the 4th. Karma's a *****.
lol, ya that must of been crazy...personally i like the canadian rules.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post

The talent in the NFL is *much* higher than the talent in the CFL.
You find that yourself?

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
where, exactly, did you run him out of the thread? you made numerous weak arguments that were all refuted, then you made a final concilliatory post in which you *maybe* disagreed with something he might have said, and now that he's no longer checking this worthless thread, you ran him out? that's REAL cute. i bet you're from quebec.
How did a troll become a mod ;)?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-02-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
TwOne
Rookie

TwOne hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

this guy reminds me of those people that dont like any other sport than soccer and if you say you like football to them they start talking about how soccer is "better" than football and blah blah blah and they just wont shut up about it.

Angels Record: 6-8
TwOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
where, exactly, did you run him out of the thread? you made numerous weak arguments that were all refuted, then you made a final concilliatory post in which you *maybe* disagreed with something he might have said, and now that he's no longer checking this worthless thread, you ran him out? that's REAL cute. i bet you're from quebec.
hahahaha, this is too much! the guy was making outrageous comments and proved he had no idea what he was talking about. talking about how the CFL's best player was a career backup in the NFL, yep thats Warren Moon allright, even if he were to say Doug Flutie he still made it to the Pro Bowl...i guess backups make it eh. geez, you guys are more ignorant than you seem.

he also obviously knows nothing about Warren Moon, as he left after his success of winning 5 straight Grey Cups...where as Doug Flutie stayed in Canada for most of his career having the chance to put up more numbers.

he also stated that any NFL player could succeed in the CFL. I guess that guys like Brandon Jacobs, Jerome Bettis could compete with their blistering 5.0 speed eh! they are two different games, and trust me...there are BIG differences...you guys just have to be much more considerate and understand that the NFL isnt the only thing.