Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
hahahaha, this is too much! the guy was making outrageous comments and proved he had no idea what he was talking about. talking about how the CFL's best player was a career backup in the NFL, yep thats Warren Moon allright, even if he were to say Doug Flutie he still made it to the Pro Bowl...i guess backups make it eh. geez, you guys are more ignorant than you seem.

he also obviously knows nothing about Warren Moon, as he left after his success of winning 5 straight Grey Cups...where as Doug Flutie stayed in Canada for most of his career having the chance to put up more numbers.

he also stated that any NFL player could succeed in the CFL. I guess that guys like Brandon Jacobs, Jerome Bettis could compete with their blistering 5.0 speed eh! they are two different games, and trust me...there are BIG differences...you guys just have to be much more considerate and understand that the NFL isnt the only thing.
Jacobs ran a 4.5 or 4.4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Jacobs ran a 4.5 or 4.4.
my point is that big bruising backs dont make it into the CFL...beleive me! thats why Ricky Williams didnt make it, neither that RB from minnesota!
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Belish
Rookie

Belish hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the CFL is alright for what it is. It gives Canada a taste of entertaining football that feels closer to home than an NFL team. I think that the majority of Canadians are mostly indifferent about the CFL. If their team is losing, they don't care. If their team is winning, they might go to a game or two. It's a niche sport along the lines of MLS or the NLL, or even AAA or AA baseball. Going to a game is a nice way to spend an afternoon, but you forget about it as soon as it's over unless you're a hardcore fan.

It also gives a handful of Canadian cities a place on the national stage. Without the CFL, nobody hears a thing about Winnepeg, Regina or Hamilton. It gives their fans a team to cheer for and it gives them a sense of community when they rally around a winning team.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
TwOne
Rookie

TwOne hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
my point is that big bruising backs dont make it into the CFL...beleive me! thats why Ricky Williams didnt make it, neither that RB from minnesota!
Ricky Williams is far from a big bruising back.....and do you even like the NFL? If not why are you even registered here?

Angels Record: 6-8
TwOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

also they never run in the CFL they only pass

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
also they never run in the CFL they only pass
Have you even watched a CFL game. In the first half of most games all the teams do is run, because you need a good running game to set up the passing game
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember Saskatchewan having fairly big back a little while ago that was quite successful. Obviously not Corey Holmes though. I guess the best back in CFL history was probably Mike Pringle and he was I think 5'9" 202 or something like that. Anyway, I haven't lived there in like 7 years, so I don't remember. But I still feel the NFL is a superior league, and I would much rather watch an NFL game than CFL game. I just find it more visually pleasing. But that's personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwOne View Post
Ricky Williams is far from a big bruising back.....and do you even like the NFL? If not why are you even registered here?
when you compare guys like Ricky Williams to Pinball Clemens, Charles Roberts, the hes a bruising back. NFL running backs who are typical inside runners wont make it in the CFL.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Ricky Williams is definitely an inside-oriented runner. I have no idea where you came up with that. Still, he did have a good amount of success in the NFL.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll Break it down for you...
CFL=***
NFL= Great
Old 04-08-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

there is almost no doubt that the nfl has better athletes...but can you imagine the nfl's athletes ...ala randy moss.... and the cfl;s wide open game and rules...there would be 7000 yard passers and 2000 yard recivers everywhere...its a passing and speed game though...personally i prefer the smashmouth ill kick your ass first game of the nfl...but you know im form canada...i have to like both or ppl would kill me:|

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's 225, that sounds like a bruising back to me genius

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funniest thing ever was someone told me that the CFL has more talent, they were dead serious.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Funniest thing ever was someone told me that the CFL has more talent, they were dead serious.
There was a poster here a while ago(Pack Attack?) who made a poll of how a CFL team would do in the NFL, and he said 16-0 because they're so used to three downs that with four, they'd be unstoppable. Nowadays, the only way a CFL team would beat an NFL team is if they got to keep the 12th player and the NFL was stuck with 11. And even then, it would be really hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The CFL has guys 5"9 170 lbs that run as fast as guys in the NFL who are 6"4 230

Better athletes = NFL

And the CFL fails to appeal to most because the college and draft system sucks.

The best players in the NFL (hell all of them except for a few exceptions) come from the draft.

The best players in the CFL come via NFL waiver wire fodder.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
The CFL has guys 5"9 170 lbs that run as fast as guys in the NFL who are 6"4 230

Better athletes = NFL

The best players in the NFL (hell all of them except for a few exceptions) come from the draft.

No further posts should be allowed after this one.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
No further posts should be allowed after this one.
Now, why might that be?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now, why might that be?
I think it was a compliment.....

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
yeah, what he said...
Old 04-09-2007, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Ya. Well, I am paranoid.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who says the CFL is nearly as good as the NFL should wear a tag that says ''Idiot'' on their foreheads
Old 04-09-2007, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Anyone who says the CFL is nearly as good as the NFL should wear a tag that says ''Idiot'' on their foreheads
I think those "tags" are called CFL team merchandise.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
I think those "tags" are called CFL team merchandise.
That had me LOLin that deserves some rep.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Better athletes = NFL

Most of this is incorrect!
Yes the CFL has smaller guys and probably not as good athletes, but the reason the CFL doesnt appeal to guys is that it would probably cost the players money to come play in Canada. The average salary in the CFL is about $35,000 (canadian) per year. Not very attractive. Not to mention that about 80% of each team's rosters have to be Canadian players. Right there they are held at a disadvantage. The draft system is the same in the CFL as it is in the NFL. They have combine, Pro Days, Senior Bowl (its called the East-West Bowl) and so forth. Also, exactly what you said about most of the best players in the CFL come from the draft is true in Canada as well. The only positions that are taken by Americans are QB's, RB's and WR's. Thats it. So please know what your talking about.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Most of this is incorrect!
Yes the CFL has smaller guys and probably not as good athletes, but the reason the CFL doesnt appeal to guys is that it would probably cost the players money to come play in Canada. The average salary in the CFL is about $35,000 (canadian) per year. Not very attractive. Not to mention that about 80% of each team's rosters have to be Canadian players. Right there they are held at a disadvantage. The draft system is the same in the CFL as it is in the NFL. They have combine, Pro Days, Senior Bowl (its called the East-West Bowl) and so forth. Also, exactly what you said about most of the best players in the CFL come from the draft is true in Canada as well. The only positions that are taken by Americans are QB's, RB's and WR's. Thats it. So please know what your talking about.
I do know what I am talking about, as I am Canadian and witness this pathetic excuse for a league try to compete year in and year out.

The College system for the CFL is pathetic, so stop trying to mend the obvious tears.