Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 14: Dolphins at 49ers

Might as well get this started. I assume Borat won't have time to make the thread as he hasn't already.

I'm expecting a blowout at home against the Dolphins.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm expecting the same but then again, I was expecting us to blowout the Rams twice and well, we know how those two games went. Either way, im hoping we blowout the Dolphins. :)

Dolphins 13
49ers 34
Old 12-08-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Brandon Jacobs plays his final game as a 49er. Better yet, I hope he sits on his a$$ for his final game as a 49er.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldon Smith will get three sacks :D

Quote:
Old 12-08-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just better not lose dam it. I see how in some way the Tie is gonna bit us in the butt. We got NE next and they could beat us ( hoping not ) We do need a big game ( points/ stats ) wise.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it'll be a blowout, but i tend to get pessimistic after losses. Not overly so, but i just wonder if the problems that showed up in the previous loss won't happen consistently. Who knows what happens, i'm always nervous on game day though.

I am excited to see Jenkins and James though. Only took 12 games for our 1st and 2nd round picks to play lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I hope Brandon Jacobs plays his final game as a 49er. Better yet, I hope he sits on his a$$ for his final game as a 49er.

His handle is Speed4527...his quote is They won't let me out...I tried

For some reason or the other, they're not letting him go...yet.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I don't think it'll be a blowout, but i tend to get pessimistic after losses. Not overly so, but i just wonder if the problems that showed up in the previous loss won't happen consistently. Who knows what happens, i'm always nervous on game day though.

I am excited to see Jenkins and James though. Only took 12 games for our 1st and 2nd round picks to play lol

His handle is Speed4527...his quote is They won't let me out...I tried

For some reason or the other, they're not letting him go...yet.
Yeah, that's what I'm referring to.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

This has been a long week since that Rams game. Feels like it at least.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today is a MUST WIN. We have the Patriots in NE and the Seahawks in SEA the next two weeks. Both of which could be losses. Today is a MUST WIN.

My main concern is the play calling. Roman/Harbaugh need to eliminate the crappy ass gimmick plays.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This play calling today is mind boggling to say the least. We should be airing it out to Davis a lot more!! He hasn't been seen all half or second half. I just don't get it fans.

Plus this new formation with 3 HB is and Ck in the middle in shot gun?Seriously why run those and run the ball? Come on Jim!!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Well game over. It was an ugly win, but whatever. I'm really worried about this team. I don't know if Kaepernick is going to be able to deliver in the playoffs. Other than that lucky run towards the end he didn't seem that impressive from the pocket. Hargaugh had to save him a couple of times from a delay of game penalty too. He did make some good throws though at times. But the entire reason we switched to him was because he had a "hot hand". This doesn't look like the same player since the Bears game really.

The defense underachieved a good amount of the day against the run and the pass. At least from what we are used to seeing. I was surprised how well the Dolphins protected Tannehill.

If we played this bad against the Dolphins at home it's going to be a nightmare against the Patriots on the road in primetime. And then there is Seattle who destroyed the Cardinals today. I'm hoping Buffalo gets a lucky win at home against the Seahawks next week, but I'm guessing that doesn't happen. The Seahawks might run the table at this point.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess it is something to do with the WR depth down but the playbook wrinkles have become about half the plays.

I don't see how in December how we can get all this stuff going seamlessly for the playoffs.

This stuff seems like playoff extras you'd mix in to surprise teams with stuff they haven't seen.

Now were gonna need to dig even deeper for a change of pace.

And all these moving parts could lead to a mistake that costs us another game and no bye to have that extra week of prep and practice.

I really don't know WTF we are doing. If we aren't confident to go with our usual gameplan with Kaepernick playing a pretty weak team at home what the heck are the next 2 tough games on the road gonna be like?
It's not like we had the game well in hand and just wanted to put some off the beaten path stuff on tape for strategy.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from the sports bar and I am more encouraged than I was the last couple of games, at least. Kaepernick was on-target for the most part, missed Moss by like six inches on what would have been a touchdown, and the receivers were getting good YAC after almost none last week.

Still a little worried. Twenty points, with seven coming off of a drive starting inside the 10, with under two minutes left against the Dolphins is not great.

The defense was impressive as usual but I still feel like we didn't dominate that game like we have in almost all of our other victories this year.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

At least James looked a lot better than I thought he would be. Too bad we didn't get to see what Jenkins could do.

Oh, and congratulations to Frank Gore for going over the 1,000 yard mark for the sixth time in his career. He also tied the all time franchise record for rushing touchdowns. Gore played his heart out in the third quarter today.

Having Manningham back for the Patriots would be nice. Crabtree is getting a lot of love in his absence it seems, which is good. It would be nice to have them both back. And I don't know why Vernon Davis isn't being targeted more often.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with Kap right now, he did well imo from the pocket. The guy is fairly accurate and get it out pretty quick. What worries me is the playcalling. It seems like we are starting to rely on gimmicks to get anything big, or even to get anything key at all...it's not what I'm used to from an NFL Offense on a supposed 'contender'.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Just got back from the sports bar and I am more encouraged than I was the last couple of games, at least. Kaepernick was on-target for the most part, missed Moss by like six inches on what would have been a touchdown, and the receivers were getting good YAC after almost none last week.

Still a little worried. Twenty points, with seven coming off of a drive starting inside the 10, with under two minutes left against the Dolphins is not great.

The defense was impressive as usual but I still feel like we didn't dominate that game like we have in almost all of our other victories this year.
I thought it was good, not great. I'm not entirely sure the points can be solely attributed to him. I hated the jumbo package on that 1 drive that got stuffed, and a sack on the next drive. Those kept us to 6 points instead of a potential 14.

I also really liked James debut. Only 8 carries for 30 yards but he seemed so much more explosive than those stats indicate. Came close to breaking 1 a couple of times too. He looks like a real weapon.

Now at 9-3-1, 1 more win clinches the playoffs. Even if we're 10-5-1, and every other team is 10-6, we win out because of that tie.

Want to clinch the 2 seed, we need win 1 more game than the Packers and/or Giants. Giants at 8 wins, Packers at 8 wins but playing tonight.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
I'm fine with Kap right now, he did well imo from the pocket. The guy is fairly accurate and get it out pretty quick. What worries me is the playcalling. It seems like we are starting to rely on gimmicks to get anything big, or even to get anything key at all...it's not what I'm used to from an NFL Offense on a supposed 'contender'.
I think we ran the zone/read all game. It frustrated me to no end but than we scored a TD when Kaep finally ran with it. That iced the game.

We need to be more agressive against the Patriots. We dictated matchups against the Bears, we need to do it against the Pats. We tend to play well in primetime too so hopefully our guys are fired up. Its inexcusable for Davis to be as invisible as he's been these last few weeks. It'll also be great to get Manningham back.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Yes the playcalling has been atrocious in the last couple of weeks. I hate this option ****. Can't we just have a normal offense? Isn't Kaepernick ready for that? I don't want this offense to be the Carolina Panthers.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was actually yelling at Kaep to fall down on the touchdown. Two minutes left with a first down and your opponent having no timeouts is game over. A 14-point lead with two minutes left, but with opponent having the ball, is not a guaranteed victory.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 12-09-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game was about what I expected. Dolphins have a solid defense and I figured they would keep it close for a half. Interesting that the last two teams have both basically sat in cover 4 and taken away the deep ball forcing all the intermediate throws and check downs.

Loved what I saw from Lamichael. If he keeps his footing the opening kickoff goes to the house. Also I believe it was the play before Kap's TD he slipped and had a TD if he kept his footing.

I like the way the Niners match up with the Patriots, and the Niners under Harbaugh have dominated on prime time should be fun to watch.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Happy we won but some observations -

1) I hate that power run formation. It's so damn predictable. Gore was stuffed by Dansby and he never had a chance whatsoever early in the game. Here and there but its run too often and im tired of seeing Tukuafau on offense as the FB. UGH.

2) Hate the shotgun option. Seriously, four players in the backfield??? Thats nuts. Granted, the TD came on that but I hate the formation. When it works, its great but its rare so why even take the chance?

3) Flea flicker was awesome. Shame that Moss didnt catch the ball but the defender was holding his arm and nothing was called.

4) Gore was his usual self. Want James to get more carries because we will definitely need Gore come playoff time and I dont want him being worn down. I like James a lot because he's basically another Hunter.

5) Kaepernick was solid and I must admit that im looking forward to the future with him at QB, Crabtree and Manningham at WR with Hunter and James at RB. We're going to have a fast paced finesse offense in two years once Gore is done.

6) The OL needs to play better when protecting Kaepernick. Davis especially.

7) Where was Vernon Davis? I dont even think he had a catch.

8) I dont see us re-signing Delanie Walker. Every week, he seems to be out of position lining up at the los and we have to burn a timeout because of it.

9) Akers was 2/2. Yay!!! :)

10) Defense was solid but im really hoping that Rogers is gone in the off-season because he gets beat too much in the slot and isnt worth the money plus its not even against an elite WR. He gets beat by average receivers in the slot. Maybe its just me but im not a fan of his.

11) Love Aldon Smith. Guy is a stud. And thankfully, we finally have a dominant legitimate pass rusher. Only took six years but better later than never.

12) Special teams was good and recovered a fumble.

Not dominating like I was hoping but a solid win and some momentum going into NE. All we have to do is use James more, release Jacobs and I'll be a happy camper.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

I'm with the rest of you about our play calling it has been weird to say the least the last few games.I dunno why Davis hasn't been passed to more either. I'm stomped on why we are trickery **** we our team and to regular run / pass plays instead of the wild cat. I also agree that i don't want us to turn into a Panthers offense but what ever. Hopefully it will chance and not kill us in the play offs or against NE. Because we really need to win the rest of games to get a bye.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Kaepernick's completion percentaaaaaaaaaage was 78.3. OMG OMG OMG...

Kaepernick was lousy again, perfectly illustrating exactly why completion percentage doesn't mean a damn thing.

This offense is just painful to watch. Read-option with 3 back sets? Ugh...

I just feel bad for Michael Crabtree. The guy is a Pro Bowl receiver being wasted in this horrible offense.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Really Jordan ?

It wasn't a bad just weird play calling is all. And yes I don't like the 3 back set read option it's a risk formation if something messes up.Lets go back to the ole I formations and one back set and passing to the TE like we used. VD is really hurting my FF team this year I thought he was going to have a good year stats but wrong. I dunno where he has gone this second of the season.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I'm with the rest of you about our play calling it has been weird to say the least the last few games.I dunno why Davis hasn't been passed to more either. I'm stomped on why we are trickery **** we our team and to regular run / pass plays instead of the wild cat. I also agree that i don't want us to turn into a Panthers offense but what ever. Hopefully it will chance and not kill us in the play offs or against NE. Because we really need to win the rest of games to get a bye.
Play calling really wasn't that bad don't see what everyone's problem was with it. The power formation on third and short was about the only play call I had an issue with. I thought Roman did a great job calling the running game mixing Gore and James' skill sets.
Closed Thread