Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The turnover that he threw way over Ginn's head wasn't his fault
Old 12-02-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
The turnover that he threw way over Ginn's head wasn't his fault
GIF coming soon LOL.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
GIF coming soon LOL.
Ginn couldn't have gotten that pitch if he was standing on Moss's shoulders.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Alex needs to play. Kaepernick is just not ready at this point.
Granted the fumble toss was bad, but that was just a silly play-call. Its not the end of the world if you punt. You have one of the best defenses in the league, who hadn't given up anything all day...call something that gives your play-makers a chance to make a play. And Ginn's half-hearted attempt to just simply jump on the ball just made matters worst. But like we were discussing, if Walker just catches the ball, we win.

I thought CK did fine, considering how dumb the play-calling was a majority of the game. I thought the intentional grounding call was bs. I thought Goldson's personal foul call was bs but he has to be smarter and know that you gain nothing by going head first into a QB, who you know is going to slide. Defense did their job. Didn't surrender a TD. I thought Roman, Jimbaugh, and Walker lost us the game. For the second time in as many weeks, Jimbaugh went ultra conservative in OT once in FG range instead of keeping his foot on the gas and trusting the QB who you hand picked to be here, the one you just named as the starter. Why this guy trusts a ailing kicker, who was already struggling to hit a 51 yard FG is beyond me but he played it safe again, and it back-fired.

And I think the O-Line easily had their worst game of the year. No push in the run game at all. We have trouble with the Rams front-four, for whatever reason. Our O-Line seemed surprised by their physicality for the second time this year. Weird really....
Old 12-02-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never said the pass wasnt bad. It was but here's three things NONE of you are realizing -

1) If Alex did that, you would all be pissed and want him gone period. And dont say that you wouldnt because you all know you would.

2) Ginn didnt even hustle for the ball. He's NOT to blame? No blame on him at all?

3) I blame Harbaugh/Roman first and the most because they're the ones calling the play and why would you even do a gadget play with Kaepernick to begin with?

Come on guys. Instead of blaming Kaepernick, im blaming the source and the source is Harbaugh and Roman because they're the ones who called that play. If that play isnt called, there's no turnover and chances are, we run out the clock, end the game and this conversation doesnt exist. No reason for that play call period and anyone who thinks that play being called at that time isnt worse than Kaepernick's bad throw is far worse than I could ever be on this board. Come on. No reason for that cute gadget play call. It's almost like Harbaugh did that on purpose so if he goes back to Smith, thats his excuse even though its on him and Roman first and foremost, not Kaepernick.

And for the record, even if that was Smith, I still wouldnt blame him first. I have hated all those cute gadget plays since day one last season and everyone here knows it since I have bitched about that crap since day one.

Bottom line...no cute gadget play call...no bad pass...no turnover...no argument thats going on here now.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Growing pains can be expected from Kaepernick. Roman and Harbaugh ought to know better though. And yes if Walker catches that ball we win the game. Unbelievable.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Granted the fumble toss was bad, but that was just a silly play-call. Its not the end of the world if you punt. You have one of the best defenses in the league, who hadn't given up anything all day...call something that gives your play-makers a chance to make a play. And Ginn's half-hearted attempt to just simply jump on the ball just made matters worst. But like we were discussing, if Walker just catches the ball, we win.

I thought CK did fine, considering how dumb the play-calling was a majority of the game. I thought the intentional grounding call was bs. I thought Goldson's personal foul call was bs but he has to be smarter and know that you gain nothing by going head first into a QB, who you know is going to slide. Defense did their job. Didn't surrender a TD. I thought Roman, Jimbaugh, and Walker lost us the game. For the second time in as many weeks, Jimbaugh went ultra conservative in OT once in FG range instead of keeping his foot on the gas and trusting the QB who you hand picked to be here, the one you just named as the starter. Why this guy trusts a ailing kicker, who was already struggling to hit a 51 yard FG is beyond me but he played it safe again, and it back-fired.

And I think the O-Line easily had their worst game of the year. No push in the run game at all. We have trouble with the Rams front-four, for whatever reason. Our O-Line seemed surprised by their physicality for the second time this year. Weird really....
This. I agree with everything you said here 100%.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
And for the record, even if that was Smith, I still wouldnt blame him first.
Sure you wouldn't Dan.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

And here's another thing that pissed me off...

Those inside slants worked all game long but yet, Harbaugh and Roman didnt take advantage of that as much as they should and could have. See, if thats me, I abuse that play until it gets stopped.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also not making excuses but this was our second east coast road game in consecutive weeks. Surprised Jimbaugh wasn't leaning on having two trips to Youngstown this year between games...would have made sense this week.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Sure you wouldn't Dan.
I wouldnt blame him because that play wouldnt be on him. If he does that crap on his own, definitely but there's been a lot of stupid cute gadget plays that didnt work with Smith including the NFCCG and go check all my posts, I have never blamed Smith first. I have ALWAYS blamed the play call and Harbaugh/Roman for calling the stupid play to begin with.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Dan, you always ***** about conservative playcalling. But now you are bitching about gadget plays? If you want less conservatism, you're going to get some gadget plays. That's what happens. Pick a side and stick with it.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this Offense is the same.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So, Dan, you always ***** about conservative playcalling. But now you are bitching about gadget plays? If you want less conservatism, you're going to get some gadget plays. That's what happens. Pick a side and stick with it.
I don't agree. There's conservative, there's aggressive, and then there's gadget plays. There's a time and place for gadget plays. I don't think, backed-up on the opposite side of the field is a good time for ANY gadget play. I have no problem with gadget plays once you crossed the opponents 50 because if its a colossal screw up like that play, you have room to keep the damage to a minimal. It was a bad play-call. The way they were over-pursuing on the edges, it was not the right call for a freaking fake reverse option play. That's something you call in garbage time, up 42-7....not on a crucial 3rd and 4, in a close game late. I can't stress how ridiculous of a call that was....I think I need a new remote after that one.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-02-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
Doesn't matter. Wasn't Kap's fault. Screw execution. Blame it ALL on the playcalling.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

By the way Kap is officially starting against Miami. I agree. No point in having a revolving door at QB.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers play calling gets too cute for their own good sometimes. Frustrated they couldn't take advantage of the field position the Rams punter handed them a couple of times today.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By the way Kap is officially starting against Miami. I agree. No point in having a revolving door at QB.
I agree. But if he plays like this again on Sunday, it's over. This team is SB bound, they can't be stalling for an entire game vs. subpar teams.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Gadget isnt aggressive. Gadget plays are ******* stupid and you know it. They dont work, there's no reason for them being called especially when you have a second year QB starting in his third game...

If Kaepernick would have thrown a deep pass and get picked because of a bad throw, then its on him but I would still like the aggressiveness. Gadget plays are just that. Gadgets. This isnt Inspector Gadget. No reason for those plays period and I dont care who the QB is.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I don't agree. There's conservative, there's aggressive, and then there's gadget plays. There's a time and place for gadget plays. I don't think, backed-up on the opposite side of the field is a good time for ANY gadget play. I have no problem with gadget plays once you crossed the opponents 50 because if its a colossal screw up like that play, you have room to keep the damage to a minimal. It was a bad play-call. The way they were over-pursuing on the edges, it was not the right call for a freaking fake reverse option play. That's something you call in garbage time, up 42-7....not on a crucial 3rd and 4, in a close game late. I can't stress how ridiculous of a call that was....I think I need a new remote after that one.
Agree with you for the most part except for not having a problem with gadget plays. Gadget plays always do more harm than good and percentage wise, arent worth the risk.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
I agree. But if he plays like this again on Sunday, it's over. This team is SB bound, they can't be stalling for an entire game vs. subpar teams.
CK wasn't the reason the offense stalled though. Bad combination of sloppiness, penalities and play-calling. And they were coming with well timed blitzes that was on him in a instant. I think Alex eats at least 3 more sacks today and is just overall much more ineffective. This was one of those games where CK's escapability actually helped more than hurt. I thought he should have looked to run more, but they had effective gap blitzes that kept him bottled up for the most part. We were 45% on 3rd downs...most of that was all CK, very little scheme. The Rams just play us tough. I don't think its more to it than that. Their front four gives us problems and its just a trickle down effect from there. But just like the first game, we had our chances to win. We failed to capitalize on those. Anytime CK is our leading rusher, you know the offense didn't play well as a whole.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-02-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CK may not have been the reason the offense stalled but he did give the Rams 10 points that Alex almost definitely would not have given them, and he didn't do much that Alex couldn't have done. I have no doubt we win that game with Alex starting.

The thing is that CK has gotten progressively worse in all of his starts, and this is against pretty middle-of-the-pack defenses. Today he looked lost if his first read, which was normally a pretty easy slant, wasn't open. He did make a great pass to Walker that should have been a touchdown but he also got lucky that Walker broke up a terribly underthrown pass earlier in the game. Overall, CK was average to maybe a little below average with a couple of very costly plays and not many big ones. If Harbaugh was really committed to starting the QB that gives us the best chance to win this year it would be Alex no question.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 12-02-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
The thing is that CK has gotten progressively worse in all of his starts, and this is against pretty middle-of-the-pack defenses. Today he looked lost if his first read, which was normally a pretty easy slant, wasn't open.
This is the biggest concern for me, over everything else. If any of you get a chance to watch again, look at what happens to him when his first read isn't there. This is worrisome to say the least, it makes me feel like he's not ready yet.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
CK may not have been the reason the offense stalled but he did give the Rams 10 points that Alex almost definitely would not have given them, and he didn't do much that Alex couldn't have done. I have no doubt we win that game with Alex starting.

The thing is that CK has gotten progressively worse in all of his starts, and this is against pretty middle-of-the-pack defenses. Today he looked lost if his first read, which was normally a pretty easy slant, wasn't open. He did make a great pass to Walker that should have been a touchdown but he also got lucky that Walker broke up a terribly underthrown pass earlier in the game. Overall, CK was average to maybe a little below average with a couple of very costly plays and not many big ones. If Harbaugh was really committed to starting the QB that gives us the best chance to win this year it would be Alex no question.
The safety was a bullcrap crap. Even that Pierera guy said so. And again, the bad pass should have never happened because let's be honest...if it was up to you...do you call that play? I sure as hell dont. Hell, gadget plays wouldnt even exist if it was up to me.

Cant say Alex would have won us the game. After all, we were losing 14-7 with him in the first game and it was Kaepernick who brought us back to even be able to tie the game.

The main problem isnt with Kaepernick, its with the play-calling. Same when Alex was QB. Play calling needs to be smarter. Those slants worked every time and yet, instead of doing the same at the end of regulation, we run a gadget play.

If we lose in the SB/playoffs, I guarantee that the cause will be some stupid cute gadget play.
Closed Thread