Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Horrible game from Kaepernick. He looked reminiscent of Troy Smith out there. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, but there'll be no sugarcoating this performance from me. He's looking like every other black run first quarterback right now - even when he throws, his legs are still aching to run. He kills plays before they even have a chance to develop and holds the ball too long. Forget the release...he's got to ******* anticipate something for a change.

This team still has no solution at quarterback. Blech.

On another note, Jim Harbaugh is a complete ******* idiot. I've always thought this, but today cemented it for me. The fact that people are blaming Greg Roman says it all. Whether it's Roman who is responsible for the play calling or not, Harbaugh is a worthless turd of a head coach.

A. If it is Roman calling the plays, this is because Harbaugh himself can not call the plays. Harbaugh is a former NFL starting quarterback, so it would shock me if he has any feel for play calling at all. Former known players do not make good coordinators. It's not something you just waltz into. Good/great play callers develop over years of high school and college coaching.

B. If it's Harbaugh who is responsible for the play calling, well...the play calling is a joke. It's a conservative offense whose idea of creativity is cutsey tricks and gadgets. That toss play almost surely cost the 49ers the game. The conservative calling in the red zone is nauseating beyond belief. Playing for a 50+ yard field goal from a kicker whose head is a mess...what the **** is even the point?

And a head coach who can't do a lick of scheming is utterly useless. If your argument is, "he'z a good motivator," you really have no argument whatsoever.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
The safety was a bullcrap crap. Even that Pierera guy said so. And again, the bad pass should have never happened because let's be honest...if it was up to you...do you call that play? I sure as hell dont. Hell, gadget plays wouldnt even exist if it was up to me.

Cant say Alex would have won us the game. After all, we were losing 14-7 with him in the first game and it was Kaepernick who brought us back to even be able to tie the game.

The main problem isnt with Kaepernick, its with the play-calling. Same when Alex was QB. Play calling needs to be smarter. Those slants worked every time and yet, instead of doing the same at the end of regulation, we run a gadget play.

If we lose in the SB/playoffs, I guarantee that the cause will be some stupid cute gadget play.
You are telling me Kaepernick knew that if the QB leaves the pocket then the LoS extends out of bounds when deciding if a pass is intentional grounding? He had no idea. He threw it away without realizing that it would have been intentional grounding.

The pitch was a terrible call, true, but that doesn't excuse a terrible play by Kaepernick. If he just pitches it and we don't get the first down we just have to punt and, the way the defense was playing, we probably win that game.

Last time we played the Rams Smith was 6/6 for 68 yards and a touchdown immediately before he got hurt. The 49ers drives went 3-and-out, 36 yards, 78-yard touchdown drive before Smith got injured. They shook off the bye week rust and looked great before Smith went out.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Similar to Min game but worse.

Scored 13 points then too.

But that with having 10 drives.

Really it was 8. Had a fumble on 1st down and last drive was under 2 min and down 11.

This was 13 possessions with the game in the balance till the end.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the Minnesota game is what I would compare this to, expect the defense played better while the offense played worse.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Growing pains can be expected from Kaepernick. Roman and Harbaugh ought to know better though. And yes if Walker catches that ball we win the game. Unbelievable.
That's exactly why Kaepernick shouldn't be starting. This is a Super Bowl team, we don't have the margin for error to go through growing pains of a young inexperienced QB.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
That's exactly why Kaepernick shouldn't be starting. This is a Super Bowl team, we don't have the margin for error to go through growing pains of a young inexperienced QB.
There are people who said he will learn and not do it again.

And that the 'dynamic' ability and plays will outweigh the mistakes as they happen anyways.

It is utterly stupid.
The same people would probably say Alex Smith took 5 years to stop making stupid plays.

And last I checked turnovers are still the #1 indicator of win or lose. To 'dynamic' your way out of mistakes requires videogame like effort. Those performances are rare in the real world.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
CK may not have been the reason the offense stalled but he did give the Rams 10 points that Alex almost definitely would not have given them, and he didn't do much that Alex couldn't have done. I have no doubt we win that game with Alex starting.

The thing is that CK has gotten progressively worse in all of his starts, and this is against pretty middle-of-the-pack defenses. Today he looked lost if his first read, which was normally a pretty easy slant, wasn't open. He did make a great pass to Walker that should have been a touchdown but he also got lucky that Walker broke up a terribly underthrown pass earlier in the game. Overall, CK was average to maybe a little below average with a couple of very costly plays and not many big ones. If Harbaugh was really committed to starting the QB that gives us the best chance to win this year it would be Alex no question.
Your the biggest Alex homer I know. There is no doubt in my mind, if Alex plays, the Rams win going away. How does Alex win this game easily...by throwing check downs and slants? Wrong. Rams played us completely different from the first game. CK had no running game was still somewhat effective. They got a ton of pressure on obvious passing plays, that's why the drops started to get smaller as the game progressed. Or do you not understand on a 3 step drop, with the blitz bearing down on you, you pretty much have only one read and you have to fit some balls in tight spaces, which CK did. I thought his game today was better compared to the first Rams game. First game, he was pretty much winging it. This game he made some quick reads and nice adjustments that went unnoticed. The play-calls didn't help him.

Roman was out out-schemed alot today. No bootlegs, no moving the pocket, and very bland run calls. Our run game is so diverse normally...saw very little of that today. Maybe Hunter's injury had a bigger effect than I anticipated. But the lack of runs outside the tackles, which is a staple of the run game this year, hurt us. Hunter was definitely missed today. CK didn't force anything and was pretty accurate with the ball and made good decisions. Alex Smith definitely doesn't win this game with Gore only having 58 running yards...not even close. CK still had a QBR of 82.4 and had a 84 passer rating, both substantially higher than any of Smith's numbers in those categories in his two loses this year.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-02-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

Sanchez and Tannehill had a weak run games and helped manage some more points.

The Tannehill game specifically is something we should of been able to do.

9 possessions got 17 points

avg of 2.1 per rush

Last edited by ViperVisor : 12-02-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Your the biggest Alex homer I know. There is no doubt in my mind, if Alex plays, the Rams win going away. How does Alex win this game easily...by throwing check downs and slants? Wrong. Rams played us completely different from the first game. CK had no running game was still somewhat effective. They got a ton of pressure on obvious passing plays, that's why the drops started to get smaller as the game progressed. Or do you not understand on a 3 step drop, with the blitz bearing down on you, you pretty much have only one read and you have to fit some balls in tight spaces, which CK did. I thought his game today was better compared to the first Rams game. First game, he was pretty much winging it. This game he made some quick reads and nice adjustments that went unnoticed. The play-calls didn't help him.
Throwing check downs and slants? You mean the only plays that Kaepernick was able to complete today?

I don't think Alex really makes many big plays if he did play today, but I know he doesn't give the Rams 10 points.

Quote:
Roman was out out-schemed alot today. No bootlegs, no moving the pocket, and very bland run calls. Our run game is so diverse normally...saw very little of that today. Maybe Hunter's injury had a bigger effect than I anticipated. But the lack of runs outside the tackles, which is a staple of the run game this year, hurt us. Hunter was definitely missed today. CK didn't force anything and was pretty accurate with the ball and made good decisions. Alex Smith definitely doesn't win this game with Gore only having 58 running yards...not even close. CK still had a QBR of 82.4 and had a 84 passer rating, both substantially higher than any of Smith's numbers in those categories in his two loses this year.
ESPN QBR is a garbage stat and Alex's passer rating was 81.1 against the Vikings, and that was brought down with a garbage time interception. If Alex plays the exact same game that Kaerpernick played today and makes the same mistake you know you are blaming the loss on him and him alone. Your double standard is ridiculous. Kaepernick played mediocre at best
Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

ehhh, I think you're gonna be alone on that one buddy. You do realize that Kap was directly responsible for 10 of the Rams points right? The first TD drive the niners had was all the running game. Basically, without the Kap messups, the score is 7-3 for regulation...Alex would basically have to do jack all to win that game....heck any QB, not just Alex.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
ehhh, I think you're gonna be alone on that one buddy. You do realize that Kap was directly responsible for 10 of the Rams points right? The first TD drive the niners had was all the running game. Basically, without the Kap messups, the score is 7-3 for regulation...Alex would basically have to do jack all to win that game....heck any QB, not just Alex.
Quote:
The option pitch was a dubious play call, both because the 49ers had not run it often this year - and never to Ginn - and because of the circumstances at the time. The 49ers were ahead by eight with 3:11 remaining and were facing 3rd and 3 at their own 17-yard line.

"That was on us," Jim Harbaugh said of the coaching staff. "That was the wrong play to call at that time. I would love to have that one back. Don't blame the players on that one. It was too risky of a play to call at the time."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...#storylink=cpy
Old 12-02-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

A risky play call does not excuse Kaepernick's terrible pitch. If he actually hits Ginn and we just lose yardage and have to punt we aren't even talking about it because the Rams are not driving for a touchdown
Old 12-02-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I stand by my statement. If we disagree, that's fine. But don't tell me Alex hypothetically wins a game he never played in. Unless you got a Sports Almanac, a DeLorean, and a flux capacitor you want to sell me. That 'would of' crap is lame.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Alex making that terrible pitch. Or getting a safety. I know that much. Kaepernick might be the Aaron Brooks for all we know.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Alex Smith would not have given the Rams those 10 points.
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I stand by my statement. If we disagree, that's fine. But don't tell me Alex hypothetically wins a game he never played in. Unless you got a Sports Almanac, a DeLorean, and a flux capacitor you want to sell me. That 'would of' crap is lame.
pf course it is....but you said the opposite too, which is even more lame considering the actual game.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, but then you can't say he would have lost the game he didn't play in either.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yeah, but then you can't say he would have lost the game he didn't play in either.
Tit for tat....
Old 12-02-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.21 GigawattZzzZzzz
Old 12-02-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1.21 GigawattZzzZzzz
sir, are you implying that hindsight is, indeed, 20/20?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 12-02-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forget Smith. He's done and will be gone in February. Moving on.....

The safety was a bad call by the officials. What else is Kaepernick going to do in that situation? Either he takes the sack and a safety or throws the ball away. If the referees didnt screw up that call, everyone here would be saying great play by Kap, Smith would just take the sack. Give me a break. There was no way avoiding that in the endzone. Just the refs made the bad call.

Either way, 10-2 with just over 3 minutes left in regulation...why is that gadget play even called to begin with? Those of you blaming Kap for that are blaming the wrong guy. You're just using him as a scapegoat because you guys want Alex to be the QB despite the fact the between 2005-2010, not one person wanted him here. Kap didnt call that play. That disaster was on Roman and especially Harbaugh. First, the play is automatically going backwards. Even if Kap throws a perfect toss to Ginn, he'll still lose yards and punt.

That 3rd and 3 is where we should have run a inside slant because they worked the entire game. At worse, audible to a run and give Gore a shot at getting the first down.

No way in hell should that play even be in the playbook. Sorry but all gadget plays shouldnt exist and the plays that are already giving you negative yardage even before the play starts is beyond stupidity. You dont call those plays. You would think that Harbaugh and Roman would have learned from the NFCCG but obviously, they havent.

If that play doesnt happen, who knows? We could have converted and possibly run out the clock or punt and the defense stops the Rams offense.

I'll admit that was a bad pass by Kap but he's third to blame. First is Harbaugh and Roman with Ginn second because he barely made an effort for the ball. Instead of jumping on the ball and trying to recover it, he tries to pick it up and even if he does pick up the ball, where the hell is he going to go anyway??? Nowhere, he'll be buried.

Anyway.....moving on.....good news for our defense for the Dolphins game...LT Jake Long suffered an injury today and may be gone for the rest of the season. Aldon and Justin should have a field day on the Dolphins left side if thats true.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

THE SNAP WAS AT THE 17!

I talked about this the other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
His pocket awareness is partly pass rush ignorance/arrogance.

He also is skip to my lou-ing his drop backs with busy feet and not stopping til 10 yards from the LOS. That is the tendency of younger QBs to want more space from the line and fade back from pressure. Kolb is really bad at this.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Safety was bad and Kaepernick running backwards was bad too. i didnt say it wasnt but we were screwed on that play period. Doesnt matter what Kap did or didnt do. Referees screwed us on that play and at least two face mask non calls early in the game especially one on Finnegan after a Crabtree catch.

And the only reason why Smith wouldnt run back 17 yards is because he can barely run (when compared to Kap) and would have been sacked long before anyway.

Everyone here is bitching about Kaepernick's bad pass but yet, all of you who are doing that are missing the main focal point - the play that was called caused that in the first place. It's like when something violent and bad happens. After the fact, people try to solve the problem when it should be solved beforehand and thus, prevented from happening.

Same damn thing here but yet, few are seeing the same thing. Instead, just want to blame Kap. Forget Smith, his ass is done which is something EVERYONE here has wanted at one point or another since 2005 but now, all of a sudden, everyone wants Smith. A lot of you complain about that other forum and while I have never been on that forum, I dont see the difference compared to those on that forum and majority of you here.

Kaepernick is the starter. Should be the starter. Barring injury, will continue to be the starter. Period. Deal with it. Move on from Smith...just like you wanted to do a year ago, two years ago, seven years ago or whenever the hell it was when all of you wanted him gone.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Alex Smith would not have given the Rams those 10 points.
Of course not those 10 points...but maybe another 10. Maybe even 14 points. My point is, your specualting. Alex may have played that game and not turned the ball over once, threw for a TD.....and still been on the losing end. Too many variables involved either way for you to know, for certain, that we win this game with Alex as the starter.

And my point in saying if Alex plays, we lose going away is to antagonize the argument. It's just as ludicrous as saying 'if he plays, we win'. Noticed earlier in talking about the QBs I mentioned Alex would have been "much less effective". I meant that, but that's not of indictment of whether or not we win the game. Alex could have played, done much worst statistically and we still could have won. I was showing the loss had less to do with the play of the QB and more about the situation the offensive staff put the QB in. CK didn't lose us the game. That was the implication being made....that his play costed us a victory. I don't believe that. I can say drive-killing penalties cost us the game. I can say bad play-calling cost us the game. I can say bad coaching decisions cost us the game. I can say dropped passes cost us the game. There's enough blame to be laid at the feet of several ppl.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-02-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Of course not those 10 points...but maybe another 10. Maybe even 14 points. My point is, your specualting. Alex may have played that game and not turned the ball over once, threw for a TD.....and still been on the losing end. Too many variables involved either way for you to know, for certain, that we win this game with Alex as the starter.

And my point in saying if Alex plays, we lose going away is to antagonize the argument. It's just as ludicrous as saying 'if he plays, we win'. Noticed earlier in talking about the QBs I mentioned Alex would have been "much less effective". I meant that, but that's not of indictment of whether or not we win the game. Alex could have played, done much worst statistically and we still could have won. I was showing the loss had less to do with the play of the QB and more about the situation the offensive staff put the QB in. CK didn't lose us the game. That was the implication being made....that his play costed us a victory. I don't believe that. I can say drive-killing penalties cost us the game. I can say bad play-calling cost us the game. I can say bad coaching decisions cost us the game. I can say dropped passes cost us the game. There's enough blame to be laid at the feet of several ppl.
If Alex plays at the level that he has played at for the vast majority of the last two seasons, the 49ers win that game.
Closed Thread