Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 12-05-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Keeping me alive keeps a good guy alive, so that's what I thought was originally the point. You know, making sure good people stay alive. Baines being Baines.
So the only benefit to you staying alive is it keeps a 'good' guy safe. Good according only to you. Considering you blocked Rob (Rob could still be evil but we can figure that out in time) and with either keep a baddie safe or block a good person I don't see the benefit to keeping you around. I can see both you and TH hurting the town but I think it is far more likely you are evil than him. As for TH only killing a 'confirmed' baddie, there are so many ways for that to go wrong. We will just have to rely on him having good instincts.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Creek would be good imo and given the clue about 4 players with C names I think it all but confirms TH's role for me. Obviously we can't clear him for sure but I think there's a higher chance he is good than Brodeur. Trying to take out the roleblocker is worth the risk of losing a jailkeeper imo.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but were the names not randomized after being put into the game? Being Creek means nothing.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am also not saying keep TH around for the long haul. Depending on what happens tonight and whether or not we have info tomorrow he would be a solid lynch choice.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did say he was Creek, but it's apparently irrelevant as our roles and characters were assigned randomly if I'm understanding that correctly. So the Shane character could be an evil cover story for instance.

I'm not sure what to think. Getting rid of a potential SK (especially if we have two...three anti-town kills a night could brutalize us) seems like the most beneficial strategy. And if we lose a Vigilante...that sucks, but towns have very frequently won these games with no vigilante. It's not as key of role to town success in my mind as as cop or even a watcher since those roles can help us to actually find mafia members and killers to be eliminated intelligently, rather than just outright killing a person at night and hoping for the best like TH claims his role to be.

Brody's 50/50 shot of jailkeeper vs. roleblocker seems like the safer way to go, but in comparison to taking out a possible killer on day 2, it pales. Jailkeeper isn't a role I'll miss all that much since, while it does have protection capability, it also roleblocks. So you just have to use it and hope for the best.

So in my mind, it's Brody - low risk/moderate reward, TH - moderate risk/high reward. The only thing better than taking out an SK is to take out the Godfather, especially this early.
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing is TH took out a weak player in MJ and he wasn't valuable to this town. If he really wanted to take out important vocal players he would've went right for it. He is good.

Brody meh

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but were the names not randomized after being put into the game? Being Creek means nothing.
I think the mafia are posing as current poster. Someone like Creek would almost surely be good but someone like say me, or Vidae, or whoever who is a current poster could go either way. At least that's my understanding.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Creek would be good imo and given the clue about 4 players with C names I think it all but confirms TH's role for me. Obviously we can't clear him for sure but I think there's a higher chance he is good than Brodeur. Trying to take out the roleblocker is worth the risk of losing a jailkeeper imo.
I didn't really know Creek so if you say he's good I can get behind that. I'm still worried about what TH will do with his night kill if Brodeur is who he says he is, but I guess it's a chance I'm willing to take.

unvote : TH

vote : Brodeur

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Bulldogs, because he is evil
> Calls Bulldogs stupid for voting for an innocent man.

> Turns around and votes for an innocent guy.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

What I don't like about Brodeur is he has been entirely unwilling to work with us. He keeps saying we are idiots if we kill him and are taking out someone good in him but doesn't even say why he could help or provide some names he could jailkeep. I wouldn't mind hearing some potential targets TH is thinking about killing tonight.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
The thing is TH took out a weak player in MJ and he wasn't valuable to this town. If he really wanted to take out important vocal players he would've went right for it. He is good.

Brody meh
No. We've seen pretty much every successful SK in these games employ a similar strategy of taking out guys who aren't super active. They have to kill everyone eventually anyway, so let the mafia worry about the cops and active players while they can thin the numbers of guys unlikely to be watched or protected.

At the end of this, I can get behind either a TH or a Brody lynch. I think more than enough evidence exists to roll the dice on a lynch for either. I just think TH is potentially the higher reward by taking out a night killer.
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I didn't really know Creek so if you say he's good I can get behind that. I'm still worried about what TH will do with his night kill if Brodeur is who he says he is, but I guess it's a chance I'm willing to take.

unvote : TH

vote : Brodeur
I didn't either but I know he was a pretty big name on the boards(HOF) so I'm going to assume he could go along with the role of vigilante.Then again Sniper was posing as Windy City so I'm probably way off base. Any older posters want to chime in?
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I think the mafia are posing as current poster. Someone like Creek would almost surely be good but someone like say me, or Vidae, or whoever who is a current poster could go either way. At least that's my understanding.
Sniper was posing Windy. If anything, I think it would make more sense for them to take over accounts that weren't currently in use, a la Creek, Windy, ...

But I'm not reading too much into that, as of right now.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Sniper was posing Windy. If anything, I think it would make more sense for them to take over accounts that weren't currently in use, a la Creek, Windy, ...

Ah, good call on that one. Hmmm, that at least gives me some pause. I would like to hear from both Brodeur and TH about how they can help us.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TH is definitely more of a threat to the town since he is forced to kill someone, I don't think that is in question here.

Now, if he's willing to work with us and pick a target we can agree on, that's fine with me too, but that RARELY works the way we want it to.

Meh meh meh.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post

That.. makes sense to me from where I'm sitting right now. And considering I still think TH is the more dangerous of the two, I'm going to change my vote back. Sorry Shane!

unvote : Brodeur

vote : TH

Old 12-05-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we have to let TH goes based on his intuition. Don't give a list to the mafia so they can do whatever they want with this info.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bleh let's just take out the guy who is a threat to the town whether he is aligned with good or evil. We can deal with Brody tomorrow.

Unvote: Brodeur
Vote: TH

Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
I think we have to let TH goes based on his intuition. Don't give a list to the mafia so they can do whatever they want with this info.
That is my biggest problem. Do we trust TH to make the right decision? There isn't a lot of info to go on right now, so his guess is as good as anyones.. and there are more townies than Mafia..

I don't like leaving that up to chance. We could lose a very important role in the process.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
TH is definitely more of a threat to the town since he is forced to kill someone, I don't think that is in question here.

Now, if he's willing to work with us and pick a target we can agree on, that's fine with me too, but that RARELY works the way we want it to.

Meh meh meh.
Again Vidae, I am very against picking ONE target. There is no way that helps us. I would rather him pick like 5 people and we can weigh in on what we think and have him kill one at random. I see the logic behind him possibly being SK and I don't disagree so I really could go either way but still leaning Brodeur. If TH does remain alive I would suggest he kills one of the many people not voting. Very likely 3 or more baddies are laying low.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Meh I suggest to him to take out the less vocal guys in this. I'm trusting he will take care of business.

#MoncriefArmy
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Again Vidae, I am very against picking ONE target. There is no way that helps us. I would rather him pick like 5 people and we can weigh in on what we think and have him kill one at random. I see the logic behind him possibly being SK and I don't disagree so I really could go either way but still leaning Brodeur. If TH does remain alive I would suggest he kills one of the many people not voting. Very likely 3 or more baddies are laying low.
Well picking multiple targets is obviously the better approach, but what is to stop the mafia from blocking TH from killing? They could keep him blocked and we wouldn't know. How do we trust anything TH says from this point?

Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
That is my biggest problem. Do we trust TH to make the right decision? There isn't a lot of info to go on right now, so his guess is as good as anyones.. and there are more townies than Mafia..

I don't like leaving that up to chance. We could lose a very important role in the process.
I very much disagree. There is a TON of info to go on based on what people have posted and those who remain inactive for the most part. I think he has a nice juicy list of people to target.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Even if we had a clearcut target for TH to kill the mafia would just roleblock him anyways. If they wanted to be really cunning they would roleblock him regardless and then use that info to get us to lynch a good guy tomorrow. Either way there is little upside to keeping him around and enough downside for me to vote for him even if I do believe he is in fact good.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Well picking multiple targets is obviously the better approach, but what is to stop the mafia from blocking TH from killing? They could keep him blocked and we wouldn't know. How do we trust anything TH says from this point?

That would be a good thing for us, the mafia blocking TH. A really good thing. Give us like 5 potential targets and possibly spook them. There are ways we can use him to help. In any case we at least know he isnt mafia at this point and if he is SK he has to work with us to remain alive. If he is vig I trust him enough to kill someone fishy.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

ATL isn't talking much. He is much more vocal in this normally....

#MoncriefArmy