Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 12-05-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
God dammit, guys. Seriously?
CALM DOWN AND LET THE PEOPLE SPEAK, ROBERT!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh someone who is pro TH please explain to me the upside of keeping him around?

Chances are he will kill another town aligned player tonight and we will be having this same argument tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah but why risk the chances that he kills someone who is good, with a very important power?

If TH lives and he takes out a Bodyguard/Doctor or an Investigator by accident, how forgiving with we be? Why even take that chance?
the chances of him taking out a bodyguard/doctor/investigator is less than him taking out a mafia/sk. i'm betting there's at least 7 or 8 mafia/SK left and there's probably 2 bodyguard, 1 doctor, 2 investigator town-aligned maybe? again, anything can happen with the chances but i believe the chances are higher to hit a mafia/sk (even bulletproof) than an important town role.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know we can play the "what if" game all night...but then TWO people get killed. I'll change my vote if it moves us along. But if there's even a SMALL chance that TH can take out mafia, we want that chance.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Ugh someone who is pro TH please explain to me the upside of keeping him around?

Chances are he will kill another town aligned player tonight and we will be having this same argument tomorrow.
There are 30 people left. Eliminate TH and you have 29. Let's say 6 mafia and a serial killer. So choosing blindly, TH has a 24% chance of hitting a bad guy. Now, I'm sure TH has a little intuition and can tel at least 3 people are good. Now there are 26 choices, or 27%. Those aren't great odds.

Now, let's say he only chooses to kill among the bottom 5 posters. Even if all of those are good guys, so what? They aren't helping us. At least TH is contributing and can help us root out evil. So if I'm going to lose a good guy, I'd rather it be a useless non-poster than a vigilante who is actually posting. And I would guess at least one of the bottom posters is evil.

And there is also a chance (albeit small) that TH could kill someone who is protected, jailkept, or killed by another faction (there are at least 2 other kills). Just roughly estimated statistics put the chance of TH actually killing an evil person at around 63%. Those aren't horrible odds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
There are 30 people left. Eliminate TH and you have 29. Let's say 6 mafia and a serial killer. So choosing blindly, TH has a 24% chance of hitting a bad guy. Now, I'm sure TH has a little intuition and can tel at least 3 people are good. Now there are 26 choices, or 27%. Those aren't great odds.

Now, let's say he only chooses to kill among the bottom 5 posters. Even if all of those are good guys, so what? They aren't helping us. At least TH is contributing and can help us root out evil. So if I'm going to lose a good guy, I'd rather it be a useless non-poster than a vigilante who is actually posting. And I would guess at least one of the bottom posters is evil.

And there is also a chance (albeit small) that TH could kill someone who is protected, jailkept, or killed by another faction (there are at least 2 other kills). Just roughly estimated statistics put the chance of TH actually killing an evil person at around 63%. Those aren't horrible odds.
You have no way of knowing this. I would bet there's a few important roles hiding in there somewhere. These numbers you are throwing out are almost as ludicrous as the one time broth tried to give each player a % chance they were evil.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets just throw out more hypotheticals out there!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
ATL isn't talking much. He is much more vocal in this normally....

This is true, but from the sign up thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Probably won't be nearly as active as previously, but I'm in. It's been a while. There are jimmies to be rustled.
I won't truly be completely free until Sunday, but I wouldn't be surprised to see myself get killed before then, as the mafia will likely see me as a good target due to my inactivity.

To weigh in, as far as killing Bulldogs? No. He's most likely scar, who has become an obnoxious Bleacher Report guy.

On Brodeur, I don't think he's the play, yet. We don't have any important players outed yet. A roleblock of a jailkeep is nothing more than a shot in the dark. Considering the game size, I don't think we'd get ****** too hard either way. Or he can just not act...

On TH, this is probably our best play at this point, if he truly does have to kill every night (sorry, just tried to catch up).

In scrolling back however, I would just like to note that Vidae and Gonzo are on my short list. Their back and forth seemed like something that could have been hatched up in mafia discussion.

That being said:

unvote: OSU
vote:TH

The dude was even going to fall on his sword. Let him have his wish.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With 30 members remaining, 16 votes are needed for a majority:

TitanHope (11) - Brothgar, CJSchneider, TBW, Rufus, Todd Bertuzzi, scotty, McGee, Snicho, Rob S, vidae, ATL

Bulldogs (8) - Jensen, Brodeur, Jvig, fenikz, Woot, Dr. Gonzo, Titanhope, Forenci

Brodeur (6) – GOW, Bulldogs, Caddy, BeerBaron, Deep, vikes,

CJSchneider (1) - jrdrylie

If no majority is reached by 6:30 AM EST, the top two votegetters will be lynched.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
CALM DOWN AND LET THE PEOPLE SPEAK, ROBERT!
Sorry, TH. I love you, but you or Brody must die. The fact that we even let it go to trivia was illogical. The fact that we may not kill one of you is far, far worse. I'm taking off in 10. I want TH dead by then.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
You have no way of knowing this. I would bet there's a few important roles hiding in there somewhere. These numbers you are throwing out are almost as ludicrous as the one time broth tried to give each player a % chance they were evil.
Anybody who has a power role and is staying low key is a fool. The serial killer usually likes to pick these guys off as they are easy pickings. If they aren't killed by the serial killer, people often jump on them for being inactive. That can force an unnecessary role reveal.

As for my statistics, yeah, they aren't 100% correct. But there is a 73% that if he picks a good guy. There is also a 97% chance each that he chooses someone who isn't protected, killed by the mafia or serial killer, or jailkept. Calculate for those slim chances and you land around 65% chance of killing an additional good guy. And that is only assuming one protector and no winner of trivia. Add those and you get around 40% chance of getting a bad guy. I like those odds.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Why would scar be in this game? He has 400 posts. The only way I could think he would be in this game is if he is a banned poster, which would mean Bulldogs is evil and should be lynched.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have 20 minutes now. Send him straight to hell where he belongs.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm standing by my vote.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dafuq Rob ?

I'm staying with my vote too.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
Anybody who has a power role and is staying low key is a fool. The serial killer usually likes to pick these guys off as they are easy pickings. If they aren't killed by the serial killer, people often jump on them for being inactive. That can force an unnecessary role reveal.

As for my statistics, yeah, they aren't 100% correct. But there is a 73% that if he picks a good guy. There is also a 97% chance each that he chooses someone who isn't protected, killed by the mafia or serial killer, or jailkept. Calculate for those slim chances and you land around 65% chance of killing an additional good guy. And that is only assuming one protector and no winner of trivia. Add those and you get around 40% chance of getting a bad guy. I like those odds.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would scar be in this game? He has 400 posts. The only way I could think he would be in this game is if he is a banned poster, which would mean Bulldogs is evil and should be lynched.
You should look up the other Scar. Who has 9000 posts.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Dafuq Rob ?

I'm staying with my vote too.
You heard me. I demand blood before I take off. I must watch him die.
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I have 20 minutes now. Send him straight to hell where he belongs.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Found him. Could be a safe claim.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob is being weird now.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Rob is being weird now.
I've had a lot of airport drinks and don't like illogical gameplay after I've been drinking.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy but I don't mind having TH around. I see the argument that at best he just makes the game quicker but I do like that he is active and helpful. Like I said I would kill Brodeur because he is playing his role horrible and lazy but if not him I have been suspicious of Bulldogs all game. All he has done is demand protection and offered nothing else.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yes, I'm playing so horrible and lazy that you suddenly seem suspicious of your brother now that I re-affirmed Jensen's idea. It was all your idea, remember. The great and unstoppable Gonzo.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Oh yes, I'm playing so horrible and lazy that you suddenly seem suspicious of your brother now that I re-affirmed Jensen's idea. It was all your idea, remember. The great and unstoppable Gonzo.
I have been calling Bulldogs out all game you fool. You have not helped the town at all. Not one bit.