Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Official Training Camp thread.

Might as well have a separate thread for photos and reports. Here is a summary of the 49ers first practice. Crabtree injured his ankle. I can't believe going into his fourth season he has still yet to play in a preseason game and complete a training camp without either getting hurt or some business matter getting in the way.

Quote:
Summary: Receiver Michael Crabtree came up hobbling with an apparent right ankle injury and sat out the final 20 minutes of the 49ers' first full-squad practice of training camp. Crabtree walked gingerly off the field and into the locker room at the conclusion of the 2-hour, 20-minute practice. He did not have his ankle wrapped. Crabtree has never played in an exhibition game in three previous seasons with the 49ers. He missed all of training camp as a rookie in a contract stalemate. The next year, he missed most of camp with a neck injury. Last year, he missed training camp after undergoing offseason foot surgery. Up to the point he came off the field, Crabtree had a good practice as the team's starting flanker opposite of Randy Moss.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...91&feedID=5936

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/2...ed-to-practice

Quote:
Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry, and Tony Moeaki all passed their physicals to open Chiefs training camp and have been medically cleared to practice.

It's a terrific sign for a team that lost a large chunk of its talent base after Charles, Berry, and Moeaki all suffered September ACL tears. They've each had ample time to recover and progressed free of setbacks. The silver lining to Kansas City's forgettable 2011 season was that Charles, Berry, and Moeaki will all be nearly a full year removed from the ACL injuries when the 2012 season begins. Charles will be worth monitoring closely during the preseason. He's battling Peyton Hillis for snaps, and possibly a starting job.
In bold haha.

Quote:
With Dwayne Bowe officially holding out, 2011 first-round pick Jonathan Baldwin opened Chiefs training camp as a starter opposite Steve Breaston.

"His weight is down," coach Romeo Crennel observed of Baldwin. "He's in great shape. He's got a good attitude. I anticipate he will have a good year going forward." Baldwin also got first-team reps in spring practices, and would start if Bowe missed regular season games. We just don't see that happening.

Last edited by Splat : 07-27-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"[Jamaal Charles is] battling Peyton Hillis for snaps, and possibly a starting job."

What is this I don't even...
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Dont'a Hightower "rerouted" Wes Welker up field about 5 yards today.

I hope he knows Welker is kind of small and pretty important to this team... please don't break him!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
"[Jamaal Charles is] battling Peyton Hillis for snaps, and possibly a starting job."

What is this I don't even...
It's the same approach they had when Thomas Jones was here. It kept Charles fresh and he ran for over 1400 yards at an insane 6.4 ypc average. I don't mind Hillis taking the beating instead of Charles, I'll tell you that much.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A funny tweet from Chris Kluwe today...

Chris Kluwe‏@ChrisWarcraft

I would like to apologize to anyone that was at practice and saw my throw during the fake punt. I Tebow'd the **** out of that one.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like the Patriots are going to be running more four-man fronts. It seems like Trevor Scott and Rob Ninkovich have been starting on the ends, with Chandler Jones and Jake Bequette rotating in. Brandon Deaderick was seen exclusively at defensive tackle (second team) behind Kyle Love and Vince Wilfork, who is supposedly looking much slimmer. Jonathan Fanene saw almost all of his work at defensive tackle.

Right now Kyle Arrington appears ahead of Ras-I Dowling on the depth chart, but when the Patriots go into their sub package, Dowling plays on the outside, with Arrington in the slot.

Other than that, Bobby Carpenter has been seeing a lot of playing time in the sub packages along with Dane Fletcher.

Offensively, Tom Brady, Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman, and Aaron Hernandez seem like the standouts.

Dan Koppen has been getting a lot of work as the starting center.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants running deep at linebacker

Boley-Blackburn-Kiwnuka

Rivers-Herzlich-Williams.

Me likey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin Lewis has banned players for using twitter during Training Camp.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
It looks like the Patriots are going to be running more four-man fronts. It seems like Trevor Scott and Rob Ninkovich have been starting on the ends, with Chandler Jones and Jake Bequette rotating in. Brandon Deaderick was seen exclusively at defensive tackle (second team) behind Kyle Love and Vince Wilfork, who is supposedly looking much slimmer. Jonathan Fanene saw almost all of his work at defensive tackle.
I always wanted Scott to be successful, and I fear that it might actually happen under BB.

Fitzpatrick seems really in sync, so far. Pads don't come on until tonight, though. Gilmore against Stevie seems to be the most interesting matchup. Glenn vs. Hairston at LT is the most intriguing competition, for sure. Hoping Glenn doesn't make a habit of struggling with the likes of Chris Kelsay.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh man. lets goooo
Old 07-28-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Kolb just throwing picks like an idiot.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Knicks and Bucs
Rookie

Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Kevin Kolb just throwing picks like an idiot.
Hey I'd like to see you go out there and throw a pass. I bet you would do worse than kevin kolb. All you do is sit on your fatass and talk **** so go and do it you worthless piece of **** oh and by the way nice SN you stupid mother ******.
Knicks and Bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks and Bucs View Post
Hey I'd like to see you go out there and throw a pass. I bet you would do worse than kevin kolb. All you do is sit on your fatass and talk **** so go and do it you worthless piece of **** oh and by the way nice SN you stupid mother ******.
Mrs. Kolb?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Knicks and Bucs
Rookie

Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs

No, I am a Jets fan not a bucs fan. The bucs indeed suck donkey balls like the other teams. The jets are truely number one. We own NYC not the ******* vagiantas. If you want to ban me go free mr. webmaster. Ban my ass straight from this thread. If you have the hair that is.
Knicks and Bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man, I wish I was a teenager again. This kid's just living it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt any news on Marcus Cannon?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks and Bucs View Post
No, I am a Jets fan not a bucs fan. The bucs indeed suck donkey balls like the other teams. The jets are truely number one. We own NYC not the ******* vagiantas. If you want to ban me go free mr. webmaster. Ban my ass straight from this thread. If you have the hair that is.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently undrafted free agent Nathan Palmer was blowing it up at camp yesterday alongside Moss. I think he was getting some praise in mini camps too. Hmmm....

Quote:
Old 07-28-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of now Brandon Tate is playing opposite Green.

Newman is playing opposite Hall with injuries to Clements and Kirkpatrick.

Carlos Dunlap is also rolling with the 1st team.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Apparently undrafted free agent Nathan Palmer was blowing it up at camp yesterday alongside Moss. I think he was getting some praise in mini camps too. Hmmm....
Barrows was asked which WR's stood out besides Moss. His answer? Not Crabtree, Manningham, or the 1st rounder Jenkins, but Palmer.

Quote:
Yes, Nathan Palmer @RealNaPalm looked good... ritz245552 other than moss were they any other standouts at WR yesterday?
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/stat...07930057506816

I've been on his bandwagon since May, come on Palmer!
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Barrows was asked which WR's stood out besides Moss. His answer? Not Crabtree, Manningham, or the 1st rounder Jenkins, but Palmer.

https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/stat...07930057506816

I've been on his bandwagon since May, come on Palmer!
Yeah I think I saw your post on the official board.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zach Brown looked amazing today per reports. Our LBer core is gunna be so sexy one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Zach Brown looked amazing today per reports. Our LBer core is gunna be so sexy one day.
Yeah, but how is Justin Gage doing?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was traded to the Chiefs for all da picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote