Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Planks
Rookie

Planks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Why is No One Talking About TCU WR Josh Boyce?

Josh Boyce broke nearly all of TCU's receiving records during his time in school. He followed it up by quietly having one of the best over-all combine performances out of this years wide receiver draft class, finishing near the top in almost every catagory.

40 Yard dash: 4.38 seconds (4th best among WRs)
Bench Press: 22 Reps (2nd best among WRs)
Vertical jump: 34 inches (17th best among WRs)
Long jump: 10'11'' (4th best among WRs)
3 Cone drill: 6.68 seconds (3rd best among WRs)
20 yard shuttle: 4.10 seconds (9th best among WRs)
60 yard shuttle: 11.26 seconds (3rd best among WRs)

Yet for some reason, no one seems to be talking about Josh Boyce, and most of the sites don't seem hold him in very high regard from a draft stand point. Some have him as a 6th-7th round pick. Scott has Boyce ranked as his 27th Wide Receiver.

What's the catch? I know Boyce isn't the biggest wide receiver in the draft at 5'11 206 pounds, but it's not like he is tiny, especially when considering his strength (22 reps). So whats holding Boyce back from a draft perspective?
Planks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because TCU.

Anyway, from what I've seen, his build, toughness, and nice route running make him look like a quality slot receiver at the next level. I have a hard time seeing him on the outside and he's definitely maxed out his frame. Most places have him s a 5th or 6th rounder. I had a fourth round grade on him, but after that combine...I'd be pretty stoked to be a fan of a team that got him in the 3rd. I definitely prefer him to guys like Goodwin and Austin that everyone's talking about.

He's a nice little sleeper who's going to come off the board earlier than most people thought.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Victor Cruz 2.0
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think he will be much more than a slot receiver. He has plus speed, nice routes, great hands, and a quality build. He's one of my most favorite receivers in the draft. Being a Junior, he obviously hasn't gotten some of the opportunities to showcase himself this off-season, and being from a bit smaller of a school, he didn't have that national recognition coming into the process. He's sneaky good. He can be pretty special. I think he's going to be similar to an Antonio Brown.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mostly just because of how incredibly stacked this WR class appears to be

Patterson, Allen, Austin, Hopkins, Patton, Woods, Hunter, Wheaton, Williams and so on and so on

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why they hold the combine, to find out who has the potential to be a starting pro WR. He came through and will move up on every team's board, possibly as high as round 3.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like others have said, it's an incredibly deep class and he went to TCU.