Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-01-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Detroit Tigers discussion...

I know I'm skipping school tomorrow for opening day.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My classes end at 1 pm . . . hmm, maybe I'll skip my last class . . . Bonderman v. Halladay!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna say that Gary Sheffield hits a homer tomorrow, the first HR by a Tiger this season.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'm gonna say that Gary Sheffield hits a homer tomorrow, the first HR by a Tiger this season.
I agree. I think he is going to be pumped for his debut. I also think this is Bondo's break out year.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
sportkid448

I'm so excited for this season! What a great match up: Bondo vs. Holliday. Should be a great game, but I think Bondo is going to pitch a gem! I'm looking for Shef and Guillen to have good games, Shef's first game as Tiger and Guillen just got an extension!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportkid448 View Post
I'm so excited for this season! What a great match up: Bondo vs. Holliday. Should be a great game, but I think Bondo is going to pitch a gem! I'm looking for Shef and Guillen to have good games, Shef's first game as Tiger and Guillen just got an extension!
I forgot about that extension. It was pretty reasonable.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i live right down the street from fifth third park where the low class a west michigan whitecaps play and i can tell you that maybin is going to be a beast he reminds me alot of vlad guererro
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Maybin. A couple other guys I'm excited about are Jeff Larish and Michael Hollimon. Of course Andrew Miller as well. I'm not a fan of Giarratano however. I too think this will be Bondo's break out year. The guy is so young and yet he'd been in the league for awhile already. I'm expecting big things from him. However, I think Verlander might take a small step back this year. Not way back, just not quite as good as last year, but still all star calibre. I think his K/9 numbers will be up, but his ERA, OAV, and WHIP all be slightly up from last year. The problem was once he stopped throwing the knuckle curve and went to the straight curve he seemed to become a little more hittable. I'm also extremely happy about Guillen's extension. He's by far my favorite Tiger, and despite people's love for Ordonez, Guillen is easily the best hitter on the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just hope they stay healthy, they've already had one big blow with Rogers, if they can stay away from any more of those they'll be OK.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure Rogers is a huge blow. It was risk signing him anyway at his age. Kind of makes me wish we didn't trade Humberto Sanchez, but I guess we got Sheff back in return. I think we have a number of guys that could potentially step in and hold the fort down or even excel until Rogers return. If they want to go with a younger guy, I feel Tata or Jurrjens could probably step in and do alright.

Quote:

Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

Well, Durbin is the first one to take that spot, after him it could be one of five or six guys, Miner, even Ledezma if they can find some other lefty for the pen, and Miller could come up pretty quickly if he's doing well in the minors. I dunno about Tata, I don't remember him being any good last year, and no one knows crap about Jurrjens. But saying Rogers is no big loss is crazy and also wrong btw.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post
Well, Durbin is the first one to take that spot, after him it could be one of five or six guys, Miner, even Ledezma if they can find some other lefty for the pen, and Miller could come up pretty quickly if he's doing well in the minors. I dunno about Tata, I don't remember him being any good last year, and no one knows crap about Jurrjens. But saying Rogers is no big loss is crazy and also wrong btw.
If you followed minor league baseball, you would know plenty about Jurrjens. Tata did quite well last year in AAA, going 10-6 with a 3.84 ERA, .252 OAV, and 86K's in 21 games. He was also rated as the #5 Tigers prospect by Baseball America. Jurrjens was rated the Tigers #4 prospect by Baseball America, and went 5-0 with a 2.08 ERA, .198 OAV and 59 K's in 12 games at high A, and 4-3 with a 3.36 ERA and 53 K's in 12 games at AA. Hell, Jurrjens threw alot better in ST than either Miller or Miner. I realize Durbin was already called up as the replacement, however I was simply saying if they wished to go with a younger player I believe those guys could step in and do fairly well.

As far as Rogers, I said he was no HUGE loss, not a big loss. First off, you had to expect the guy to miss time at some point anyway. Second, he's only expected to be out until around July. Since he would only make around 32 starts in a full healthy season, we're talking about around 15-18 starts. Out a 162 game season, that's not a huge loss. Even if you only win 5 of the starts he missed, it's not a huge difference. If we lost a regular position player like Guillen, then yes, it's a huge loss, because that's going to effect a much larger portion of games. And besides, pennants are won at the end of the season, not the beginning.

And let's also not forget that our entire pitching staff benefited from fantastic defense last year. In fact, we had the best defense in the league. A non strikeout pitcher like Rogers benefits even more than most from it. I would rather lose Rogers than either Bonderman or Verlander as a starter.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 04-02-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I skipped my last class to watch the game. 3-3 in the 6th now . . .
Old 04-02-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

Yeah, your points are well taken and no, I don't follow minor league baseball. I also agree that Rogers can be compensated for, which is why i said if there aren't more injuries then they're fine.

The Tigers showed great ability last year to have guys step up and fill roles, and I'm looking forward to seeing that continue. They seem to have become a top-level organization, and in any sport, that means that unknown guys can step into the system and produce. I am so looking forward to them keeping that roll going. Pleasant surprises are one of the best parts of rooting for a team.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Now that Humberto Sanchez is injured again, is it safe to say we got a steal of a deal getting Sheffield?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yeah Dombrowski knew it was time to trade him off. Top of the lineup in the 10th. Down by 2.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Well that sucked . . . Pudge and Monroe killed us today.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well that sucked . . . Pudge and Monroe killed us today.
Yeah its a downer. I know one game this early isn't that huge, but I really wanted to win it.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

AJ Burnett vs Nate Robertson on Wednesday at 1 EST.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
AJ Burnett vs Nate Robertson on Wednesday at 1 EST.
Hmm, should I skip class and work that day? lol
Old 04-02-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hmm, should I skip class and work that day? lol
Man I hate all these day games at the beginning of the year.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I normally don't like to advertise but since I'm just targeting a select few and it's not in any form competition to Scott site, I'd like to invite some Tigers fans to represent themselves on my baseball forum. I just started about a week ago, but we already have 17 members and no Tigers fans. If you guys are interested, here's a link to my site:

http://baseballnation.21.forumer.com/index.php
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I normally don't like to advertise but since I'm just targeting a select few and it's not in any form competition to Scott site, I'd like to invite some Tigers fans to represent themselves on my baseball forum. I just started about a week ago, but we already have 17 members and no Tigers fans. If you guys are interested, here's a link to my site:

http://baseballnation.21.forumer.com/index.php
I signed up.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
I signed up.
same with me

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I love Rodney, but that's the thing about him. Every time he pitches he gives me a heart attack, whether no runs score or 5 runs. He can be so dominant at times, and at other times he just can't seem to find the plate at all. Oh well, nice comeback, we just couldn't get it done today. I'm still pleased with the overall effort.

Quote: