Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-02-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a side note, is that Al Davis sig the scariest thing you've ever seen or what? Doesn't he look like the Bruce's dad from "Braveheart?" Seriously, does he have leprosy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and I also signed up. I can never be on enough message boards. For gods sake, I actually said IMO in real life the other day!

Quote:

Old 04-03-2007, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...nderson_curtis

Check this out!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
That's pretty sweet!

Quote:

Old 04-03-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Well that sucked . . . Pudge and Monroe killed us today.
I don't know if I'd say Monroe killed us. Onbviously his day at the plate was absolutely brutal, and the ball that dropped between him and Guillen led to a run. But he also made 2 pretty nice catches in left, both of which saved at least one run. I figure he had a tough day, but not as bad as it seemed.

Quote:

Old 04-03-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I don't know if I'd say Monroe killed us. Onbviously his day at the plate was absolutely brutal, and the ball that dropped between him and Guillen led to a run. But he also made 2 pretty nice catches in left, both of which saved at least one run. I figure he had a tough day, but not as bad as it seemed.
No, it was brutal. Those two nice catches were cancelled by the fact the he cost us that third run in the 1st inning. 0-4 w/ 4 K's is brutal.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
No, it was brutal. Those two nice catches were cancelled by the fact the he cost us that third run in the 1st inning. 0-4 w/ 4 K's is brutal.
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I'm just saying that without those 2 catches it's not even a 3-3 game(although without the miscue it's a 3-2 game) I'm also of the opinion that a strikeout is no worse than any other out in many situations, and can actually be a "better" out in some situations. But in all honesty, I've never been a big fan of Monroe anyway. I thought we needed to upgrade in LF before last season, and despite Monroe's late inning heroics and clutch hitting last year, I felt the same way going into this season. He just doesn't get on base enough. a guy with a career .310 OBP and .771 OPS is not the guy I want as my starting LF. And even though he makes some nice catches once in a while, he's still below average LF defensively, so that doesn't even make up for his poor performance at the plate. Personally, I'm hoping Clevlen stays on track, and Maybin developes quickly so we can have an outfield of Granderson in left, Maybin in center, and Clevlen in right sometime in the near future. Or if Maybin fills out like some suspect he will, Granderson in center, Maybin in left, Clevlen in right.

Quote:

Old 04-03-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I can't believe Leyland pinch ran with Neifi instead of Infante on Monday! He should have had him try and steal 2nd base.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Was Clevlen on the opening day roster?
Old 04-03-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLUFF View Post
Was Clevlen on the opening day roster?
No, but he will be called up soon enough.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Man, some of you guys need to go post on PL's baseball board once in a while. Maybe get some action going over there. I think I'm like the one that posts anything.

Quote:

Old 04-04-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

8-0 after three innings! Woo!
Old 04-04-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Now I'm pissed. My splitter's screwed, so I'm having to switch from having cable to having internet. I was screwing around on here and PL's baseball board all day and forgot the game was on. I missed 8 of the 9 runs!

And I just have to say, I think it's hilarious looking back on all the Tigers fans that wanted to sign Burnett. This guy is either injured, or getting hit in the AL. He's everage at best here and I remember people saying we should overpay to sign this guy. I remember saying "why, he's no better than anybody we have right now." I believe last season sort of proved me right, and I believe this season will confirm it.

Quote:

Old 04-04-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

Burnett's extremely average. Just happened to have a career year where he threw over 200 innings and kept his ERA under 3.5. But looking at his numbers before that, there were basically like what he did last year. Always funny how that happens during a contract year with a weak FA pitching market.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grandy is my homeboy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Christ, Ordonez is a butcher in right.

Quote:

Old 04-04-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

I love Rodney...but damn.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was 10 to 2 right?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
It was 10 to 2 right?

youve gotta be shittin me......

EDIT: close one...

sig made by BoneKrusher

Last edited by familyguy555 : 04-04-2007 at 03:40 PM.
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Well that was an adventure. A win is a win I guess, but you can't let a team back in the game with poor defence when you've got them down and out. I have confidence this team will get their act together and still take the Central. But if the defense doesn't improve and the bullpen keeps this up, it could be a long season. Defense wins chamionships, in any sport, and with us not really having a big strikeout starter other than Bonderman, we need the type of defense we had last year to be successful. I think they can pull it together, but in the tough AL Central, we need to be playing top notch ball all year long.

Quote:

Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Wow, I went to work up 9-2, and we end up winning just 10-9 . . . I was shocked when someone told me what happened!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Magglio totally butchered that play
Old 04-05-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Magglio totally butchered about 4 plays.

Quote:

Old 04-05-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

just a little rust, nothin to worry about and besides the Jays are a pretty good team and we were handing them their own asses for quite a bit of the game.

ON another note, how sick is our OF gonna be in 2 years w/ Grando,Maybin and clevlen? Scary to think about...

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

Glad to see they postponed today's game.