Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 12-16-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think he gives us another option for a 5th starter if Armando doesn't start well, or if the Coke to the rotation experiment fails.

I'm assuming Don Kelly makes this team for his utility work and defensive prowess. It'll be very interesting to see how the bench shakes out.

I think Casper Wells could make the team over Brennan Boesch.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love our bullpen, valverde, benoit, zumaya, perry, and scherleth is insane compared to the days of praying for rodney not to walk everybody.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=6131020

Quote:
Cabrera, 27, was spotted by a deputy in a car with its engine smoking alongside a road in Fort Pierce. Inside the vehicle, Cabrera smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and took a swig from a bottle of scotch in front of a deputy, according to St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office said. He refused to cooperate and more deputies were called to the scene.

He was wandering into the road with his hands up before he was handcuffed, the report said. According to the report, Cabrera kept saying, "Do you know who I am? You don't know anything about my problems," and cursed at deputies who tried to get him into a patrol car.

One deputy struck Cabrera in the left thigh several times with his knee after Cabrera pushed into him, causing the ballplayer to fall into the patrol car. Cabrera refused to take a breath test, deputies said.

He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and resisting an officer without violence. He posted $1,350 bond and was released from jail early Thursday. The arrest occurred about 110 miles southeast of Lakeland, where the Tigers hold spring training.

In 2009, the All-Star first baseman got into a fight with his wife after a night of drinking, right before his team surrendered the AL Central Division title to the Twins.
I want this guy to end up in the electric chair. How many season will he ruin? Please say we can do some bull**** trade and nab pujols for him.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-17-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what the hell Miggy

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I wonder what it would take to trade for michael young. can play 2nd, 3rd, maybe shortstop.

Guillen could play 1st if Miggy needs some time off, left field, or 3rd if Inge gets hurt.

Guillen and Rayburn would be screwed a bit, but Young would be worth it for .300, 20+HRs, great leadership, and solidifying the infield depth.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-20-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Won't happen. WAY too much money owed to him on his contract still.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Zombie threading this because I'm ready for this season. Blowout today with Miggy smacking 2 hrs, castellano hit one, and scherzer looked great too.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-10-2014, 10:10 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Zombie threading this because I'm ready for this season. Blowout today with Miggy smacking 2 hrs, castellano hit one, and scherzer looked great too.
I expect us to be very good this year. i personally loved the Prince deal and I love that we are no longer a team with glaring flaws like we were last year. Part of me wishes we traded Scherzer when we could have gotten some value, I am afraid to sign him to a 20+ per year deal but from most accounts it looks like we are all in on this year. Let's hope Victor and Castellano can provide the kind of support Miggy needs behind him. Regardless the division is ours, its the playoff baseball and our ability to hit in the postseason that matters the most right now.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm hoping Dombrowski swings a trade of some sort. There are hardly any prospects in the system I'm concerned about keeping and the major league team has a few issues.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Iglesias' shin splints are a concern along with left field, but I like our overall look. Hopefully our bullpen finally pulls itself together.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-11-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Iglesias' shin splints are a concern along with left field, but I like our overall look. Hopefully our bullpen finally pulls itself together.
A trade for a left fielder may be possible but I have faith that Raj davis can fill what we are looking for giving us a great boost of speed. between him and Iglesias at the back of the order and Kinsler or Jackson at the top, we will hopefully have a lot of speed on the bases when miggy comes to bat.