Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
DraftSwag
Rookie

DraftSwag needs more cowbell.
Default Is It Me Or Is This An Extremely Weak Draft Class?

I've really started to go through prospects and I'm struggling to find high level guys like we have had the past few years. Typically you have a few big time QB's, RB's and WR's but nobody has really done anything to separate themselves this year. I was always told the underclassmen make the draft, but I'm not really impressed with that group either. Obviously you have your guys like Clowney and Floyd, but I'm very unimpressed with this years talent pool. I think defensive lineman is a strength, but I wouldnt be surprised to see a few small school guys jump into the top rounds like Elon's Aaron Mellette.
DraftSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not at all. Just not top heavy, but I see a lot of depth and fine players who will be in that 4th-5th round range and contribute.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the defensive front 7 players in this class.

For QBs, WRs, OTs, CBs, and other "money" positions, it's not so great. But for things like DL, LBs, interior OL, and Safeties it's quite a good group.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or does someone ask this every single year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
DraftSwag
Rookie

DraftSwag needs more cowbell.

Looks like its gonna be a pretty unpredictable draft this year then.
DraftSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the OT's and WR's all throughout rd 1 and 2
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you are talking in terms of elite, once-every-decade type of prospects then yes.

It also isn't super sexy when it comes to the skill positions.

However, there is a lot of depth and if you are fan of the guys in the trenches it's great.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Ha my thoughts exactly - every draft usually has a couple a positions that really sticks out - this year its the OTs so it's not going to be a sexy draft like last year with Luck and Griffin taking the spotlight. This is a really nice and deep draft.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodel is going to hate this draft....no $$$$$ from big uglies.

Mel and Mike are going to cream their pants with the amont of big uglies and mid range guys.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not quite every year. Every once in a while we get a year with a bunch of really hyped prospects at the top of the draft and talk about "IS THIS THE BEST DRAFT EVER?!?!?" and sometimes those years turn out to be 2006.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Cardinal96
Rookie

Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't see too many people asking that last year. But that was the year of Andrew Luck and RG3. You are right; this does get asked most years.
Cardinal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is a weak draft class?

I remember everybody whining about how pitiful the 2009 draft class was and how great the 2010 class was, but if you compare them side-by-side three and four years into their career, do they really seem that different?
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Not quite every year. Every once in a while we get a year with a bunch of really hyped prospects at the top of the draft and talk about "IS THIS THE BEST DRAFT EVER?!?!?" and sometimes those years turn out to be 2006.
The 2006 draft had so much glamor to it, it was almost sickening. All the college superstars from major programs really got the media hyping it up much more than other years. Bush, Young, Leinart, Hawk. How many All-Pro teams have those guys made?

My favorite part about that draft was watching all the ignoramus fans and media who probably actually watch about ten college football games a year get their panties in a bundle after the Texans made the obvious right choice in passing on the bum QBs and Reggie Bush.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not a flashy class, because of the garbage at QB and the lack of top tiered RB or WR's.

As a fan of a team that needs help on the offensive line, in the front seven, and in overall depth, I'm pretty stoked about the talent that will be available to us. For young teams looking for QB's or playmakers? Not so much.

The NFL draft is so deep with talent yearly that it's hard to ever say a draft is strong or weak, but I would say it lacks elite talent at the glamor positions.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every Draft is called "heavy at the top, but not deep" or "Doesn't have much star power, but it's a deep class".

Happens every year.

Personally, I don't buy that anyone really knows. Many of the guys you think will be good won't be, and there will be guys you don't know much about who have great NFL careers.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got honestly spoiled last year with Luck and Griffin up top. 2006 was still so bad ass in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People like to bash the guy now, but looking at the 2006 draft, the top 10-15 or so was STACKED with guys who would be the top prospect at their position in most years. Some absolute freakish athletes.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you are talking in terms of elite, once-every-decade type of prospects then yes.

However, there is a lot of depth and if you are fan of the guys in the trenches it's great.
This pretty well sums it up, it is a great draft in the trenches, not sexy but still pretty solid.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if you are fan of the guys in the trenches it's great.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Last edited by Abaddon : 12-13-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
The 2006 draft had so much glamor to it, it was almost sickening. All the college superstars from major programs really got the media hyping it up much more than other years. Bush, Young, Leinart, Hawk. How many All-Pro teams have those guys made?

My favorite part about that draft was watching all the ignoramus fans and media who probably actually watch about ten college football games a year get their panties in a bundle after the Texans made the obvious right choice in passing on the bum QBs and Reggie Bush.
They probably should have taken Cutler, but overall I totally agree with you - especially about everyone freaking out on them passing on Bush/Young/Leinart. 2006 class was horrifically overrated.

This class is one of the deepest than I can remember, especially in the defensive front 7.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post

I doubt we will ever again see a draft that was as hyped as 2006 was, and likewise as disappointing as 2006 was.

Of the top 16 only Ferguson, Hawk, Davis, Huff, and Ngata are still with the team that drafted them and of that set the only one who wasn't at least a little disappointing is Ngata.

I hope the lesson learned from that is "let's do better analysis" since in retrospect, even putting all the hype aside, that was a terrible draft at the top.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I love the defensive front 7 players in this class.

For QBs, WRs, OTs, CBs, and other "money" positions, it's not so great. But for things like DL, LBs, interior OL, and Safeties it's quite a good group.
It has potential to be a very nice WR class....

Justin Hunter
Da'rick Rogers
Terrance Williams
Cordarrelle Patterson
Kennan Allen
Tavon Austin
DeAndre Hopkins
Robert Woods
Cobi Hamilton
Kenny Stills
Aaron Dodson
Ryan Swope
Markus Wheaton
Stedman Bailey

And then you got guys like Denard Robinson and Brandon Coleman assuming Coleman comes out.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

Quote:

So you're saying instead of a Victoria's Secret fashion show, the 2013 draft is a fashion show for plus-sized women?
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
It has potential to be a very nice WR class....

Justin Hunter
Da'rick Rogers
Terrance Williams
Cordarrelle Patterson
Kennan Allen
Tavon Austin
DeAndre Hopkins
Robert Woods
Cobi Hamilton
Kenny Stills
Aaron Dodson
Ryan Swope
Markus Wheaton
Stedman Bailey

And then you got guys like Denard Robinson and Brandon Coleman assuming Coleman comes out.
That's drool worthy right there since I'm huge on wideouts. The Redskins better snag one of them or I'll be heated.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are definitely great players in this draft. It's not a great QB class or RB class, but it seems to me like it is a great DL, WR, LB, and OL class.