Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-22-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default PF28's Current Top 32

My rankings reflect the juniors who have declared to this point

1. Tyler Wilson :: ARKANSAS
2. Manti Teo :: NOTRE DAME
3. Dion Jordan :: OREGON
4. Star Lotulelei :: UTAH
5. Chance Warmack :: ALABAMA
6. Eric Fisher :: CENTRAL MICHIGAN
7. Jordan Poyer :: OREGON STATE
8. Ezekiel Ansah :: BRIGHMA YOUNG
9. Keenan Allen :: CALIFORNIA
10. Jonathan Hankins :: OHIO STATE
11. Tavon Austin :: WEST VIRGINIA
12. John Jenkins :: GEORGIA
13. Chase Thomas :: STANFORD
14. Sheldon Richardson :: MISSOURI
15. Justin Hunter :: TENNESSEE
16. Jonathan Cooper :: NORTH CAROLINA
17. Geno Smith :: WEST VIRGINIA
18. Barrett Jones :: ALABAMA
19. Cordarrelle Patterson :: TENNESSEE
20. Brandon Williams :: MISSOURI SOUTHERN STATE
21. Dallas Thomas :: TENNESSEE
22. Jesse Williams :: ALABAMA
23. Phillip Thomas :: FRESNO STATE
24. Montee Ball :: WISCONSIN
25. Johnthan Banks :: MISSISSIPPI STATE
26. Arthur Brown :: KANSAS STATE
27. Mike Glennon :: NORTH CAROLINA STATE
28. Kenny Vaccaro :: TEXAS
29. Desmond Trufant :: WASHINGTON
30. Stedman Bailey :: WEST VIRGINIA
31. Giovani Bernard :: NORTH CAROLINA
32. Lane Johnson :: OKLAHOMA

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised to see Tyler Wilson as your #1 prospect.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I see him as a franchise caliber quarterback and in a draft which lacks any "elite" prospects, being a franchise type at the most important position sends him to the top. While his play this season didn't match his junior year, he showed tremendous leadership and handled the adversity as well as any college player probably could've. He has the physical tools, experience, production and leadership to be the #1 pick and go into a situation like Kansas City and be successful early on.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Tyler Wilson too, a lot. TACKLE turned me on to him a while ago and it's hard for me to pick between him and Geno. I'd be ecstatic if we got either one.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've definitely from Geno to Tyler.

Am I the only one that isn't completely in love with Tavon Austin? He's an electric, versatile player, but I feel as though he's being overrated at the moment. I think he's going to be a good player in the NFL, but I wouldn't take him in the first round. And I definitely wouldn't put him above players like Sheldon Richardson and Cordarrelle Patterson.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

Am I the only one that isn't completely in love with Tavon Austin? He's an electric, versatile player, but I feel as though he's being overrated at the moment. I think he's going to be a good player in the NFL, but I wouldn't take him in the first round. And I definitely wouldn't put him above players like Sheldon Richardson and Cordarrelle Patterson.
Tavon Austin is somewhere between Randall Cobb and Antonio Brown as a player, and the game changing ability that he provides is worth one of the first 32 selections. He's a triple threat player being able to go for six on special teams, in the backfield, and split out at receiver.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Those things don't seem to go together. If you think he's going to be a good player, why not pick him in the 1st round?
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Those things don't seem to go together. If you think he's going to be a good player, why not pick him in the 1st round?
There are 32 players i'd draft ahead of him, that's why. And it's not as if there are only 32 good players drafted every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Tavon Austin is somewhere between Randall Cobb and Antonio Brown as a player, and the game changing ability that he provides is worth one of the first 32 selections. He's a triple threat player being able to go for six on special teams, in the backfield, and split out at receiver.
That's it. Randall Cobb is basically what he'll be for a team, but I just don't think he's as good as Cobb.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 12-22-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CP > Justin Hunter
Old 12-22-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
CP > Justin Hunter
Patterson is the more flashy prospect of the two and his potential is immense, but I don't like the lack of consistency he showed at receiver. If I had to make a comparison to the type of pro receiver I see him becoming at this point it'd be Devin Hester. Justin Hunter's game, while it has some concerns, is far more advanced and he's a safer choice between the two.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are 32 players i'd draft ahead of him, that's why. And it's not as if there are only 32 good players drafted every year.

That's it. Randall Cobb is basically what he'll be for a team, but I just don't think he's as good as Cobb.
People didn't think Randall Cobb would be as good as Randall Cobb has been either and that's why he lasted to the end of the second. More and more teams are utilising this kind of weapon in the NFL. I really like Austin and think he could be on the fringes of the first round when it comes down to it.

For teams who need that dynamic playmaker in the receiving/returning game he will be highly sought after

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Back to the drawing board V. I'd think that a combine for those two guys will tell a lot about arm strength, footwork, personality and such.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
People didn't think Randall Cobb would be as good as Randall Cobb has been either and that's why he lasted to the end of the second. More and more teams are utilising this kind of weapon in the NFL. I really like Austin and think he could be on the fringes of the first round when it comes down to it.

For teams who need that dynamic playmaker in the receiving/returning game he will be highly sought after
I don't see what your point is. Obviously teams didn't realize Cobb would be this good, if they did they would've picked him higher. But what i'm saying is I don't think Tavon Austin will be at the same sort of level as Cobb now, hence not wanting to pick him in the first round.

Quote:
CP > Justin Hunter
I feel like a Tennessee fan with all of my love for Patterson. I completely agree with this and have been saying it for a while now.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 12-22-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Patterson is the more flashy prospect of the two and his potential is immense, but I don't like the lack of consistency he showed at receiver. If I had to make a comparison to the type of pro receiver I see him becoming at this point it'd be Devin Hester. Justin Hunter's game, while it has some concerns, is far more advanced and he's a safer choice between the two.
CP is so much more versatile than JH, and he is more explosive with the ball in his hands. This season, even though CP had a few lapses, he displayed much more consistency with his hands than JH. Hunter just did not look like the same player this season that he was his freshman and the beginning of his sophomore year. He dropped so many easy passes, and when he did catch the ball he was scared of contact. He would either run backwards or just fall to the ground without getting tackled. CP is way more physical and once he learns to run routes better he is going to be a nightmare to defend.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
CP is so much more versatile than JH, and he is more explosive with the ball in his hands. This season, even though CP had a few lapses, he displayed much more consistency with his hands than JH. Hunter just did not look like the same player this season that he was his freshman and the beginning of his sophomore year. He dropped so many easy passes, and when he did catch the ball he was scared of contact. He would either run backwards or just fall to the ground without getting tackled. CP is way more physical and once he learns to run routes better he is going to be a nightmare to defend.
I'm cutting Hunter a little slack with him coming off the knee injury from last year. No one else is like Adrian Peterson where they can come back and be just as good or even better the very next season. The drops are troubling but if I had to guess I'd say it was more of a mental issues than physical one so that can be ironed out. I am in no ways denying Patterson's physical abilities, but right now he's a player who is strictly a "potential" prospect.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is Tyler Eifert outside of your 32 because he hasnt declared officially yet or because he isnt in your 32?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
is Tyler Eifert outside of your 32 because he hasnt declared officially yet or because he isnt in your 32?
I didn't consider him because he has yet to declare.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, but I doubt Wilson sees round 1. Besides his poor senior season, pro GM's have long memories and rarely gamble on QB's produced by college HC's who have a history of flops at a position, they won't put their jobs on the line by trying to beat the odds. Rodgers was a perfect example of how far a prospect can drop because of his college HC's previous record at producing flops at a position.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Sorry, but I doubt Wilson sees round 1. Besides his poor senior season, pro GM's have long memories and rarely gamble on QB's produced by college HC's who have a history of flops at a position, they won't put their jobs on the line by trying to beat the odds. Rodgers was a perfect example of how far a prospect can drop because of his college HC's previous record at producing flops at a position.
And a perfect example of how stupid that is.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-23-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sure I'd go with Aaron Rodgers to support that argument. A dozen teams probably regret that draft, especially if they didn't draft him off of a ridiculous notion like he'll flop because entirely different people flopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
And a perfect example of how stupid that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
I'm not sure I'd go with Aaron Rodgers to support that argument. A dozen teams probably regret that draft, especially if they didn't draft him off of a ridiculous notion like he'll flop because entirely different people flopped.
Iamcanadian, I fail to see your point. As far as Petrino quarterbacks go, it's not like teams have invested high picks in them, relative to the position (Brohm - end of round two and Mallett - 3rd round) and Wilson is undoubtedly more skilled than Brohm and doesn't have the character baggage of Ryan Mallett. Each prospect should be evaluated individually and to clump a player in with a system or think he'll fail because of players before him in that system is a lazy evaluation of the player.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson didn't have a terrible senior season - Arkansas as a team did. They were a program in disarray from the Petrino scandal. Mallet would have more than likely been a first round pick if it weren't for all the unnamed sources who bashed him leading up to the draft.

People seem to be writing off Geno Smith and WVUs epic flop in the second half of the season when they went 2-5 going against better competition. Smith was surrounded with a ton more offensive weapons. Cobi Hamilton was Wilson's only legit WR threat.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
People seem to be writing off Geno Smith and WVUs epic flop in the second half of the season when they went 2-5 going against better competition. Smith was surrounded with a ton more offensive weapons. Cobi Hamilton was Wilson's only legit WR threat.
I want to branch off the point made about Geno's second half struggles. I think those struggles exposed his greatest weakness to this point; he has worked to do on his progressions. When his first read is there then he's good with very little problems but if he's forced to go to that second or third look then the defense has the upper hand. I know it's a skill many young quarterbacks struggle with, and it's also a trait Tyler Wilson is more advanced with than the other quarterbacks in this draft.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where would you rank Terrance Williams? I think he's right there with the other Receivers you listed, if not better than a few.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Where would you rank Terrance Williams? I think he's right there with the other Receivers you listed, if not better than a few.
I see a lot of Devery Henderson with Williams. I think he'll have ability as a vertical threat down the field. When it comes to senior receivers he's probably #2 at this point (that's not saying too much) and I would slot him somewhere in the top of the 3rd round.