Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Playoff discussion

We know about 8 or 9 sure teams of the 12.
One Wildcard spot up in the air in the AFC, and over in the NFC, Seattle & Chicago are currently a game up on a few others, Redskins, Cowboys.

Here's some recent history regarding playoffs, seeds, byes, etc.

No. 1 and No. 2 seeds just 15-13 in divisional round of playoffs from 2004-2011. Bye, home field not a big advantage like many think.

Only No. 1 seed to win Super Bowl since 2003 season was Saints in 09.
Only No. 2 seed to win it all since 2004, Steelers in 2008.

I think Houston & Atlanta would benefit the most from home field advantage, as the Saints did 3 years ago.
But we thought that of Atlanta 2 years ago too.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats have finished with a 1 or 2 seed 5 times... have gone to the Super Bowl 4 of those times

/endhomerpost

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Pats have finished with a 1 or 2 seed 5 times... have gone to the Super Bowl 4 of those times
/endhomerpost
Big difference between going to, and winning, the Super Bowl.
Nobody knows that better than you Pats fans.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I strongly dislike the Patriots being a Broncos fan. With that being said I can't be the only person that finds the fact they havent been able to win a SB since they got caught with SpyGate a huge flag when talking about how dominate they have been...because taking in account they havent won a SB since spygate, Brady hasnt been able to close the deal at the SB even with one of the best teams ever
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well when is the last time they had a defense that scared anybody?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Houston really needs some home field in the playoffs, they are slumping of late, barely escaping Jacksonville and Detroit before getting humiliated by New England.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
I strongly dislike the Patriots being a Broncos fan. With that being said I can't be the only person that finds the fact they havent been able to win a SB since they got caught with SpyGate a huge flag when talking about how dominate they have been...because taking in account they havent won a SB since spygate, Brady hasnt been able to close the deal at the SB even with one of the best teams ever
The defense lost both games allowing game winning drives by Eli.
The Pats were also one Welker drop away from being defending champions.

You take if for granted that the Pats have been to two super bowls like it's not an achievement by itself.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha if anything the fact we even made it to the SB last year speaks volumes of how good BB is as a coach. We still have been the class of the AFC after spy gate no matter what you want to say, and yeah this is the one time I'll come out and be a little bit of a homer here while feeling comfortable saying that. I dont see too many people continuing to bring up spy gate when talking about the Pats teams of the last five years. Why? Because these teams havent been quite as good as we were in the SB eras and 2007 yet still manage to be one of the top contenders year in and year out. Outside of the Colts with Manning and the Steelers with Ben no other team has made it out of the AFC to the SB in what almost ten years? Thats ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 12-11-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams really control their own destiny, but I don't expect them to make it in. I think they lose to the Vikings and Seahawks and finish at 7-8-1
Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
The Rams really control their own destiny, but I don't expect them to make it in. I think they lose to the Vikings and Seahawks and finish at 7-8-1
I got U beating the Vikings this week because I think Fisher can get that defense to do a decent job on Peterson, great front 4, and Ponder might throw more TDs to Jenkins & Finnegan than he does to his own team.

Rams 20
Vikings 16
Old 12-11-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

BTW, much credit to the Patriots for making it to the Super Bowl twice in the past 5 years. Although both losses to the magical Eli, making it is an accomplishment, just ask the Vikings, Lions, Browns, Chiefs fans around here.

Still think the Bills making -albeit losing- 4 straight Super Bowls in the 1990's is a feat we will never see again.
****ing Norwood.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle worries me a little bit. I would really appreciate it if teams would start beating the Seahawks, so they don't make the playoffs. kthxbai.

Last edited by WCH : 12-12-2012 at 04:22 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
The defense lost both games allowing game winning drives by Eli.
The Pats were also one Welker drop away from being defending champions.

You take if for granted that the Pats have been to two super bowls like it's not an achievement by itself.
The defense lost because they didn't have the other team's signals taped.

/joke

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Rams make the playoffs. I want the Giants out because they have ruined our playoffs enough recently. I also hope Seattle doesn't make the playoffs over another team because of the failmary.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the cowboys to make it in as the final wild card damnit. They've been a really fun team to watch this year with their wild swings from mind-boggling ineptitude and impressive play, it's been extremely entertaining. Would love to see them find a way to lose an epic game in the playoffs.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I want the cowboys to make it in as the final wild card damnit. They've been a really fun team to watch this year with their wild swings from mind-boggling ineptitude and impressive play, it's been extremely entertaining. Would love to see them find a way to lose an epic game in the playoffs.
The last 5 minutes of the Cowboys v. Browns game is the most hilariously entertaining thing I've ever seen. Both teams desperately trying to lose the game and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
The last 5 minutes of the Cowboys v. Browns game is the most hilariously entertaining thing I've ever seen. Both teams desperately trying to lose the game and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Yep that was the most entertaining stretch of play I've seen this season.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-13-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a bad Sunday afternoon.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

How the hell is it that the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets are a game out of a playoff spot?
And this ******* commish wants to add more playoff spots?
Old 12-14-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
How the hell is it that the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets are a game out of a playoff spot?
And this ******* commish wants to add more playoff spots?
Tim Tebowzzzz Duh... they have god on their side.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
That was a bad Sunday afternoon.
Only as a fan of either team. As a neutral it was the most captivating game I've seen this year.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-14-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well when is the last time they had a defense that knew what plays the offense was running before the ball was snapped?
I think that is the more pertinent question.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I think that is the more pertinent question.
About the same time Pollian was fixing the rules so Manning could actually win in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Brady came within two minutes of winning both of those Superb Owls. He did what he needed to do. And what we expected him to do. The defense, however, has been atrocious since elite players like Ty Law and Asante Samuel left. Willie McGinnest left too, and Bruschi got old although he still played at a high level. Of course they can't win with ******* Ellis Hobbs, Kyle Arrington and Sterling Moore playing boundary corner. The fact that we won those three SBs had absolutely nothing to do with Spygate. They were just pretty ******* good. The last two SBs were lost because the Giants are build in a way that matches up very well against the Patriots. Challenge the corners with deep passes outside the numbers and a strong interior pass rush. Patriots could've played pretty much any other team an won those SBs. So why don't people stop acting like a ******* 4-year old and stop making these kind of posts? It's as dumb as people who says Manning isn't great because he's "only" won 1 SB.

Idiot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

You f***** Patriots.... Defensive Genius Little Bill..... The one time ever I root for your @sses and you lose at home in December for the first time in many years?

F*** ***.... I hope Denver kicks your *** in Denver in the #3@#2 game.
Better yet, I hope the #6 Steelers go to Foxboro and shut Belichick up again.