Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So he did. Thought he would be listed as an outside linebacker.
That's interesting because Denver plays the Ravens 4-3/3-4 combo defense. I didn't know that until a couple of weeks ago when I read about it. It doesn't surprise me since Jack Del Rio said he was a bit fascinated by it when he was still the Jaguars HC. Von Miller switches between 4-3 OLB and 3-4 OLB, which makes him the closest thing to a pure 4-3 OLB to be selected for the Pro Bowl this year. No Lance Briggs this time. Somebody on my regular thread mentioned Lavonte David as a snub.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I really would love to See RG III actually have to sit in the pocket and make NFL reads. He plays in the same gimmick offense that will not work forever in this league as it does at Baylor and in year 1 in the NFL.

I'm not saying he's NOT GOING to be good, but he shouldn't be crowned one the next great QBs because of this year. Still don't think he deserved the pro bowl this season.
Lol yep that's all he does. Maybe you can watch on Sunday, mmm kkk?

People that don't watch guys play shouldn't even comment. Just like the whole Peanut vs CH thing. It's not even close but folks will make their little quips. I'd probably say 5% of this board watches enough games to truly draw an accurate conclusion on 90% of the stuff they spout out about. It's hard to imagine that most guys watch many games outside of their own team or whats on the nationally televised games each week. Even then I doubt there's much true analysis of the players going on and more casual watching (everyone falls victim to that)

I don't say a damn word about how good or bad players are if I haven't had the chance to watch them in at least 7 games, even then I'm hesitant because it's such a small sample size. There's no shame in not having the time to try analyze a player but it's extremely annoying watching people act like They do.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe people even talk about the pro bowl anymore. It's worthless.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Lol yep that's all he does. Maybe you can watch on Sunday, mmm kkk?

People that don't watch guys play shouldn't even comment. Just like the whole Peanut vs CH thing. It's not even close but folks will make their little quips. I'd probably say 5% of this board watches enough games to truly draw an accurate conclusion on 90% of the stuff they spout out about. It's hard to imagine that most guys watch many games outside of their own team or whats on the nationally televised games each week. Even then I doubt there's much true analysis of the players going on and more casual watching (everyone falls victim to that)

I don't say a damn word about how good or bad players are if I haven't had the chance to watch them in at least 7 games, even then I'm hesitant because it's such a small sample size. There's no shame in not having the time to try analyze a player but it's extremely annoying watching people act like They do.
I've watched enough of RG III to know, that the "Pistol" is a gimmick offense with very little NFL reads. Those read option plays?

I think you didn't read my comment to a full length. I said, it doesn't mean he can't still be a great QB, but I think a lot of people are forgetting this offense is Baylor. It's working great because RG III is athletic, running around, PA fakes with the back behind him in shot gun and they run these crazy formations. But sooner or later, you're going to have to drop back and make reads. Because if RG III continues this style of play, his career is going to be very, very short.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
CH has been better than Peanut and I don't think it's all that close.
Well that's cute.

Do tell, with seemingly every statistic and measure, not to mention opinion of the vast majority, in Peanut's favor, what proves that Heyward is easily better than Peanut? I'll hang up and listen.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

No the pistol is not a Gimmick formation, it's just that very few teams have the players to run it effectively at this level. And just for clarification, the Pistol is simply one formation they use. They line up under center, out of shotgun and in the pistol. Out of all of those formations they run traditional WCO, option read, tripple option, and some Air Raid stuff. The key and what makes it so deadly is that it all looks the same from the eyes of the defender and it confuses them a lot more. Griffin makes it all go (that's why you saw Cousins run Shanny's more traditional boot leg O, he's simply not the running threat Griffin is).

If he see's a DE crashing down on the RB he keeps it, goes through his progressions and hits the open guy or runs if he thinks it's viable. Griffin is also vey good at dissecting defenses prior to the snap and knows who the open guy is gonna be depending on the routes called and the defensive alignment. That's why his comp% against the blitz is astronomical and also the reason he had 4 (almost 5) guys with 500 yards recieving. It's almost like he see's the play develop in every scenario prior to the snap and his .35 second release doesn't hurt either.

Quote:
I've watched enough of RG III to know, that the "Pistol" is a gimmick offense with very little NFL reads. Those read option plays?

I think you didn't read my comment to a full length. I said, it doesn't mean he can't still be a great QB, but I think a lot of people are forgetting this offense is Baylor. It's working great because RG III is athletic, running around, PA fakes with the back behind him in shot gun and they run these crazy formations. But sooner or later, you're going to have to drop back and make reads. Because if RG III continues this style of play, his career is going to be very, very short.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

[quote=iowatreat54;3223610]Well that's cute.

Do tell, with seemingly every statistic and measure, not to mention opinion of the vast majority, in Peanut's favor, what proves that Heyward is easily better than Peanut? I'll hang up and

Take away the anomalistic forced fumbles and what do you have? As a pure CB CH has been phoenominal. I don't know how you can argue otherwise?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Well that's cute.

Do tell, with seemingly every statistic and measure, not to mention opinion of the vast majority, in Peanut's favor, what proves that Heyward is easily better than Peanut? I'll hang up and
Take away the anomalistic forced fumbles and what do you have? As a pure CB CH has been phoenominal. I don't know how you can argue otherwise?
Well see you can't take away the forced fumbles because they actually happened, but that's besides the point. Tilliman has had a ridiculous year, probably the best in his career, between forcing turnovers, making plays, and shutting down WRs.

Name 2 things Heyward has clearly done better than Tillman this season.

And note, I'm not arguing that Heyward hasn't been good. I'm arguing A. the fact that you said Heyward has easily been better and B. in fact, Tillman has been much better all around this season.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-27-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=jsagan77;3223620]
Quote:
Well that's cute.

so you're taking away one of Peanut's best attributes? the dude's been forcing fumbles like this his whole career. You know, if you take away all those passing yards Aaron Rodgers has, he's not really that good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really would love to See RG III actually have to sit in the pocket and make NFL reads. He plays in the same gimmick offense that will not work forever in this league as it does at Baylor and in year 1 in the NFL.

I'm not saying he's NOT GOING to be good, but he shouldn't be crowned one the next great QBs because of this year. Still don't think he deserved the pro bowl this season.

Apparently all those multiple formations and sets are confusing you too.
The Skins haven't run a read option play where the QB keeps the ball probably more than 10-15 times in the last 8 games.
It's all about giving the D a look that screws up their keys, to freeze the LBs and manipulate the safeties.
Grif didn't run anything in college as complex as the offense Kyle and Mike Shanahan are inventing almost game to game this season.

Ultimately Kyle wants to eliminate all designed runs and leave scramble decisions up to RG3. The trick is to make opposing Ds afraid of the possibility that Grif MIGHT run on a designed play, even if he never does.

And if 'sitting in the pocket' means taking snaps out of the gun, Grif does that already.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=scottyboy;3223625]
Quote:

so you're taking away one of Peanut's best attributes? the dude's been forcing fumbles like this his whole career. You know, if you take away all those passing yards Aaron Rodgers has, he's not really that good.
LOL. People act like defensive backs don't practice every day on forcing fumbles.
FF is a skill, not luck.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 12-28-2012 at 06:05 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we not turn this thread into another RG3 debate please ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that's cute.

Do tell, with seemingly every statistic and measure, not to mention opinion of the vast majority, in Peanut's favor, what proves that Heyward is easily better than Peanut? I'll hang up and listen.
Hasn't Hayward held opposing QB's to the lowest QBR when they throw his way? Something like that. And he has 6 INT's.

I'm not saying Hayward should've got in, I mean he's not even a starter for us, so it's not like he's going against the teams #1 reciever every snap. He's been expectionally good for his first season, though.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Hasn't Hayward held opposing QB's to the lowest QBR when they throw his way? Something like that. And he has 6 INT's.

I'm not saying Hayward should've got in, I mean he's not even a starter for us, so it's not like he's going against the teams #1 reciever every snap. He's been expectionally good for his first season, though.
Agreed, Hayward has been awesome especially for a rookie. But to say he's been easily better than Peanut is nonsense.

Peanut isn't the best CB in the game. But he did have one of the best seasons for a CB this season and probably a more productive one than any other corner this season.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-27-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP? Really? Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy were both better. And in the AFC, Robert Mathis and Tamba Hali made it?

the pro bowl gets so much worse every year. There shouldn't be a game anymore.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, Snee and JPP should not have made it.

Weatherford should've.

Cruz you can't argue with, although you can say some guys could've been in over him, so there's that too
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Agreed, Hayward has been awesome especially for a rookie. But to say he's been easily better than Peanut is nonsense.

Peanut isn't the best CB in the game. But he did have one of the best seasons for a CB this season and probably a more productive one than any other corner this season.
Well conversely Tillman hasn't be regulated to covering the first sring WR all season either and despite being a good playmaker has left quite a bit to be desired as a pure cover corner. I'm not trying to bash him because he's a very good player I just think CB's should be judged on shutting down their assignments just as much as creating turnovers but it's almost like the reverse is true.

Deangelo Hall made it a few years ago off his 4 int's against Cutler alone. Other than that he's awfully overrated.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're only making things worse, I suggest you shut up now. Casey Hayward had a very good season, especially for a rookie. But no one's going to take that seriously if you keep making a fool of yourself.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

[quote=FUNBUNCHER;3223634]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

LOL. People act like defensive backs don't practice every day on foricing fumbles.
FF is a skill, not luck.
He has not averaged 10 ff a year. That's what I mean by 'anomalistic'. Again can't be denied that he's had remarkable success being a play maker and I do not think it's a travesty by any means I just would pick another CB, that's all. I forgot it's against forum rules to not agree with everyone.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How didn't Kalil make it? Damn there is a ton of talent in the NFC.
Him and Sullivan both have been playing at a high level all season.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yeah, Snee and JPP should not have made it.

Weatherford should've.

Cruz you can't argue with, although you can say some guys could've been in over him, so there's that too
So you say you can't argue with it, and then you provide an argument for it.

Interesting.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's very difficult for an offensive lineman to go in his rookie and/or first good season. With no good stats to use they need to have some kind of reputation first.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Clark was far and away the best safety in the AFC, and arguably all of football this year. Pretty sad that the #1 ranked defense in football doesn't have one single representative for the Pro Bowl. Lawrence Timmons and Larry Foote both had tremendous seasons. Both would have been more deserving than Mayo and Johnson. Oh, and nice to see Eric Berry and LaRon Landry making it solely based on their draft hype. Eric Weddle should have been an obvious choice.

Richard Sherman, now that he won his appeal, is one of the biggest snubs from the Pro Bowl in recent memory. Peterson and Tillman are both plamakers that caused a ton of turnovers, but they have gotten beat quite a bit this year. Sherman has quietly turned this season into a DPOTY type season. And if it wasn't for Watt, he'd be my runaway pick to win it. Best CB in the NFL this year with a Darrell Revis like campaign.

Dez Bryant has been such a monster in the second half of the season that he has almost single handlely turned the Cowboys season around. He's playing like the second best WR in the NFL right now. Victor Cruz making it, let alone over Dez, is painstakingly annoying.

An offensive linemen for the Packers making the Pro Bowl is like randomly picking one from the Bears. They have one of the worst lines in the NFL collectively, and Jeff Saturday just might be the worst individual player. Josh Sitton is the only above average player on that front five.

Now I draw my attention to the Bills. CJ Spiller is my third favorite back from the AFC. Led all RBs in YPC and a duel threat out of the backfield with his receiving ability. He's going to rush for 1,200+ yards and average about 6.5 YPC. That is simply unheard of. He's going to have around 1,600 total yards as a guy who played mostly as a backup. What he's done this year is nothing short of incredible.

Which brings me to Andy Levitre. I thought last year was the year he'd go overlooked and then people would start talking about him like they do Marshall Yanda, but maybe this is the year where Levitre gets completely ignored during an All-Pro caliber season and people recognize him the next year. When Eric Wood is healthy they are one of elite G / C combos in the NFL. The success of Spiller and Jackson are proof of it.

I'd also throw in Eugene Monroe. He's been playing at such a high level over the last two years its pretty sad that he might not ever make a Pro Bowl as long as he stays in Jacksonville. A much better run blocker than Thomas and Clady, and hes turning into a dominant pass protector.

Tough luck for Daryl Washington. Patrick Willis will make the Pro Bowl no matter what kind of play he produces. Although Willis is a great player, I think you can make an argument that Washington outplayed him as did his own teammate. Bowman is simply too good to be ignored and, to me, looks like the best inside backer football. He has garnered a ton of respect around the league. Willis just has too much name recognition to overcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 12-28-2012 at 12:30 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
So you say you can't argue with it, and then you provide an argument for it.

Interesting.
I meant more he had a pro bowl season but there were guys who had better or comparable seasons. Not saying cruz didn't deserve it with his level of play.

meanwhile, there's absolutely no justifying Snee or JPP making it
Quote:
Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Berry plays SS. Eric Weddle and Jarius Byrd play FS. For the record.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote