Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 12-27-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Packers @ Vikings Showdown

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...eterson-record

You guys could easily have beaten us 3 1/2 weeks ago on the Hallowed Ground of Lambeau Field... if Ponder would have just been bad, and not horrifically bad, you'd have won.

He looked a lot better last week down in Houston.
Jared Allen always feasts on our LT in the HumptyDome......

I realize McCarthy has pretty much owned the Vikings other than the 1 year with the Gunslinger there, but this game is a tossup in my mind for a few reasons.

Number 1, we really do want to win to earn the bye and #2 seed.
But you guys really really really want to, and HAVE to, win to keep your season alive. There's a big difference between wanting and needing.

We have had some games against Peterson where we bottle him up well.
But those weren't with our 4th ILB starting like now in Brad Jones. We're missing Desmond Bishop & DJ Smith. Brad Jones is not a normal ILB. He will be exploited.

I don't fear your WRs, and Harvin & Sidney Rice were the guys who hurt us.
But big Kyle is a mismatch for anyone we put on him.
And Peterson will break at least 3 or 4 10+ yard runs, and the key will be do they turn into 20, 40+ yard long ones, or just 10, 12, 15 yarders?

Turnovers cannot ever be predicted.

But let's say each team has NONE.

I have us about a 55% chance of winning.

I look for a score of around 27-24 or 24-20 Sunday.
If not for turnovers, then whoever the refs bad calls favor will most likely be the winner.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson will break the record and carry us to the playoffs. If we win, do we face you guys next week?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Peterson will break the record and carry us to the playoffs. If we win, do we face you guys next week?
Vikings and 9ers win, Vikings play the Packers again.

Packers and 9ers lose, we go to Seattle if they win, SF if Seattle loses.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's as much chance of the crappy Cardinals winning at Arizona as there is the Gophers beating Alabama in the BCS game next month. Or close... lol.

If you win, it will be us dropping to the #3 seed and you'll be taking a little roadie to Lambeau Field a week later.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been this nervous about a Vikings game since the NFC championship game 3 years ago. Hopefully this one isn't as painful.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:49 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me the game boils down to three simple things:

1) Can the Vikings play turnover-free football? Minnesota doesn't have the kind of offense that can play from behind and score in bunches, so keeping their hands on the ball is big.

2) Can the Vikings force the Packers to settle for FGs over TDs? The Packers offense will move the ball, they're too good not to. But when push comes to shove, can the Vikings keep the Packers out of the end zone and force them to settle for some adventurous FG attempts from Mason Crosby.

3) Can the Vikings start hot? In wins against San Francisco, Detroit (Twice), Chicago (at home) and St. Louis the Vikings were able to come out early and get off to a quick start. When that happens it seems to make all the difference in the world with how the team (Especially Christian Ponder) plays.

I know these are pretty basic things, but they'll be the things I'm looking for later today.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I haven't been this nervous about a Vikings game since the NFC championship game 3 years ago. Hopefully this one isn't as painful.
Same here. But I just try to get things in perspective, this team wasnt suppose to win more then 5 games this season. So this season is a big step forward in so many ways. No matter what the outcome of today.

That being said, I'd love to see us make the playoffs. And Peterson have a big day.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
God dammit. Why'd you have to bring that game up? That one still hurts when I think about it.

That being said, I'm very hopeful today, nervous, but hopeful. The Vikes are a much better team at home than on the road, have been playing inspired the past few weeks, and played the Pack damn tough in Lambeau, plus we have Cook back which helps our secondary immensely against Rodgers and Nelson, Cobb, and Jennings. But, it's still the Packers and well, it's also still the Vikings, and how many times have the Vikings let us down in big games...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers have no LBs or WRs. That bodes well. But I'm freaking out. Today is going to be so emotional.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so nervous
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, the Packers could be without their first 4 WR's a,d still have a better receiving corps than us.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
God dammit. Why'd you have to bring that game up? That one still hurts when I think about it.

That being said, I'm very hopeful today, nervous, but hopeful....
Let's not go back to there... but if it makes you feel any better, you were the best team in football that year.

Today's game boils down to 2 things.

#1- Turnovers, which is normal.
#2- Packers OL. I think they can be steamrolled, as Seattle and the NYG do.
If their OL plays well, Rodgers will be a Thanksgiving surgeon and your DBs the turkeys.

I expect the Vikings front to be significantly better than the Packers OL, and I see a rare Rodgers interception today.
I see the Vikings using Peterson and the focus-on-stopping Peterson and utilizing some key play-action passes, many to big Kyle, and one big one to the leaping Jerome Simpson.

Also, the Packers kicker is horrible, yours is great.
Our kicker missed a game-winning FG there a few years ago, he's always been a choke. I see at least one big miss from him today, again. But McCarthy will remain loyal to him again saying "Mason Crosby is our kicker. Mason needs to make those kicks."

And the Vikings are playing for their lives, will be a big more intense than the Packers playing for a week off essentially.

Grape Apes 27
Cheese Curds 24

Here's a few stats for you. Last year the Packers were 32 in total defense (yards), but they only gave up 22.4 points per game.
This year they are currently ranked 10th total defense (yards) but have only given up 19.9 points per game. At 2.5 per game improvement.

The Vikings last year were ranked 21st in total defense (yards) but gave up 28.1 points per game.
This year the Vikings are currently ranked 16th in total defense (yards) but have only given up 20.9 points per game.
An improvement of 7.2 points per game.

Packers have given up 32 (11 rushing, 21 passing) TD's on the year.
The Vikings have given up 34 (10 rushing, 24 passing) TD's on the year.

The Packers have given up 4944 yards on 976 defensive plays for a rate of 5.11 yards per play.
The Vikings have given up 5194.5 yards on 1022 plays for and average of 5.08 yards per play.

And here's one more thing for you. The 8 common games, Houston, Indy, Jacksonville, Tennessee, San Fran, Seattle, Arizona, and St. Louis.
Packers gave up an average of 21.38 points per game. Vikings, 17.25.

Non-common common games. Skins, Giants, Tampa and Saints. Packers 32.5, Vikings 37.

And division games not including the Packer-Viking game. Packer 14.75, Vikings 19.75.

Against the 4 (5 for Vikings including the Packers) teams we know are in the playoffs at this point. Packers defense has given up 22 points per game, Vikings, 19. So that give you a little idea of were the points are being scored.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-30-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a bad feeling today, but either it way it's been a fantastic, exciting season. I couldn't imagine that we would be over .500 going into this season. Sucks I can't watch it today, but I'll be streaming and checking the score center compulsively.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One time...........
Old 12-30-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I have a bad feeling today, but either it way it's been a fantastic, exciting season. I couldn't imagine that we would be over .500 going into this season. Sucks I can't watch it today, but I'll be streaming and checking the score center compulsively.
Explain...... ^
Old 12-30-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We as a fan base deserve this game and record. We have suffered enough

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Explain...... ^
I have to intern at a hockey game at three. If they would have kept the ******* game at noon I could have seen the whole game. Yes I mad.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
I have to intern at a hockey game at three. If they would have kept the ******* game at noon I could have seen the whole game. Yes I mad.
**** hockey.
Oh wait, that's Minnesota I forgot.....
Old 12-30-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not implying anything, but I think the flu has been going around...
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everson Griffin making another play. Great season for him.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Shhh, don't tell anyone I'm watching the game.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One more semi-long run and AP will be virtually a lock for the record.

We have endured a lot as a fan base but being able to watch AP start and hopefully finish his career as a Viking is pretty amazing.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a game wow! And sooo bittersweet just 9 yards short.

I honestly had Gary Anderson flashbacks right before Walsh kicked the game winning FG. lol

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Who here had Vikings winning by 3 again?
Nothing for being right on?

(Other than my own personal moneyline wager I made on Bovada)

Our pathetic soft defense made Ponder look like Tom Brady today, especially on so many ****ing 3rd & LONGS!

You guys should all tweet-thank Tramon Williams for his ghetto-penalty on Simpson that cost the Packers 4 points, in a 3-point game. What a punk he had gotten baited by the punk Jerome Simpson.

I like Ponder love Peterson, Greenway, lotta guys I like on that team.
The only one I hate is Simpson, he is a criminal, and he's the one who baited our guy into that stupid, worst timing penalty. The ref that was right there didn't call it though! Check that out next replay you see if it.....
Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
What a game wow! And sooo bittersweet just 9 yards short.

I honestly had Gary Anderson flashbacks right before Walsh kicked the game winning FG. lol
That was an amazing game. One of the best of the year for sure. I was hoping Peterson was going to take that one to the house at the end of the game to give him the record by 2 yards, but unfortunately he didn't get it. The Vikings still made it to the playoffs, and that was the most important thing in this game. It should be a hell of a game next week versus Green Bay. I'm hoping the game is either Saturday night or Sunday because I have to work until 6 on Saturday and I'd rather not call in to work/leave early, but I will if I have to.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote