Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Toughest Division
NFCE 6 8.70%
NFCN 24 34.78%
NFCW 19 27.54%
NFCS 3 4.35%
AFCE 0 0%
AFCN 12 17.39%
AFCW 4 5.80%
AFCS 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default Toughest division in football?

Just curious as to who people think the toughest division is? My top 3 are below but you could make an argument for all.

For me:

1. NFCE
2. AFCN
3. NFCN
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC West for me with the NFC North falling a bit this year and the NFC East while very competitive it is on the mediocre side. 49ers and Seahawks are two extremely tough teams that will be competing for the SB for years to come. The Rams are a puzzling team with a competent defense but a severe lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball and a Cards team missing a QB and offensive line.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Just curious as to who people think the toughest division is? My top 3 are below but you could make an argument for all.

For me:

1. NFCE
2. AFCN
3. NFCN
No way the it's the NFCE. You can't be the best division if there isn't a single top 8 team in the division.

1) NFCN
2) NFCW
3) AFCN
4) NFCE
5) NFCS
6) AFCS
7) AFCE
8) AFCW
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC West is perhaps the best division defensive wise and both the Seahawks and the 49ers have a good shot at the SB. Add the Rams with a good coaching staf and 2 first round picks along with a very underrated team and the Cardinals who really need a QB and improvement on the O-line and i think the NFC West is the best Division. NFC North is a close second and i think the AFC North on the third place.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEC

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clearly it's the AFC West.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
this.

the nfc east is garbage and has been all season decade.
you seem mad bro. don't hate cause the nfc beast is the toughest in football.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

The NFCE has the defending champs and 3 teams that can beat anyone with Philly being a Vey talented team but has QB issues and injury problems. The AFCN is basically the same division in my eyes. 3 teams capable of beating anyone and a tough browns team.

Last edited by jsagan77 : 12-26-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC West, AFCN and the NFC South.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which division has Peyton Manning?

/thread

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
don't make me start a tony romo thread so you can suffer through 37 pages about why he's the worst qb in nfl history and is literally the only thing that's prevented the cowboys from winning every super bowl ever. i'd link it to every cowboys team forum i could find and it would be entertaining for like, the first 3 minutes before it wasn't anymore.
I'm not able to tell when you're talking seriously and when you're being sarcastic... kind of annoying.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

NFC west is up and coming but they rank 4th in the NFC for me. T
Old 12-26-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't even know what to say.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't even a good troll job.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lets just look at something like combined wins. Offcourse schedule is a thing that can be taken as judgement but lets just take something simple as wins to judge the divisions.

NFC East: 9+8+8+4=29
NFC North: 11+9+9+4=33
NFC South: 13+7+6+6=32
NFC West: 10+10+7+5=32

AFC East: 11+7+6+5=29
AFC North: 10+9+7+5=31
AFC South: 12+10+5+2=29
AFC West: 12+6+4+2=24

Judging by wins NFC North would be the strongest with NFC South and west equally on the second place. With in one the Falcons als de top team 3 wins above the best West team but the second team in de West has 3 wins more and the third team even has the same amount of wins. You so beloved NFC East is along with the AFC East and South on the bottom scale. Offcourse like i said wins isn't the deciding factor and schedule and stuff like that but i really don't think the West is the least in the NFC.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
This isn't even a good troll job.
I'm pretty sure he actually believes it, which is what makes it so funny.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm goin with the packers and their injuries.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Competitive =/= Best.

NFCN, AFCN, & NFCW are the 3 top competitors really for me.

Nfc west has 2 top level teams right now and the Rams & Cards both have teams that are almost there with solid defenses. This division could be crazy good if the Cards get a QB and the Rams get some offensive production.

Packers are great and both the Vikings and Bears are good when they show up; Lions are disappointing this year but they aren't bad like they used to be.

Ravens can be great if they want to (ie Giants game) and the Bengals & Steelers play good football as well; Browns play some defense. Every team here plays tough D. We seem to put 2 teams in the playoffs pretty often now.

NFC East is the most talked about division but it isn't close to the top. I only honestly see.the Giants as a SB contender and they haven't even secured a playoff spot. Lots of talent all around but no team lives up to it. Only the Giants have found success recently.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
No way the it's the NFCE. You can't be the best division if there isn't a single top 8 team in the division.

1) NFCN
2) NFCW
3) AFCN
4) NFCE
5) NFCS
6) AFCS
7) AFCE
8) AFCW
I think I agree with this list
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

You can't just look at division w/l record to determine the toughest division.

NFCE has 3 playoff caliber teams and another team that is ultra talented and could turn things around in a heartbeat.

AFC north has 3 playoff caliber teams but the Steelers are falling, Bengals are on the rise and the Ravens, who knows... Browns are a QB away from being dangerous.

NFCN has 3 playoff caliber teams but I don't think the Vikes and Bears are as good as any of the the three teams in the east. The Lions are young and Talented too.

The NFC South and West are tough because you have two dominant teams at the top then a couple of teams that can put it together if they get some help at the bottom. The Saints and Seahawks? The Hawks obviously get the edge this year but despite their record, the Saints are just as, if not more dangerous.

Last edited by jsagan77 : 12-26-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to say... depends on your criteria.

You can go by overall W-L record, and you have this:
NFC East: 9+8+8+4=29
NFC North: 11+9+9+4=33
NFC South: 13+7+6+6=32
NFC West: 10+10+7+5=32

AFC East: 11+7+6+5=29
AFC North: 10+9+7+5=31
AFC South: 12+10+5+2=29
AFC West: 12+6+4+2=24

They say the NFC is stronger, and the above W-L records would attest to that.

I was going to say you can't have the NFC West at the top because their 4th team, Arizona, was so horrible. But then I remembered they beat the Lions a week ago.

And then there's this, FFIW:
Pro Bowlers by division:
NFC West (15),
NFC North (13),
AFC North (12),
AFC East, South & West (10),
NFC East (8),
NFC South (6).

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-26-2012 at 06:55 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went with the NFC North

Green Bay can beat any team in the league
Chicago have a great defense and a generally productive offense
Minnesota can run on anyone and are improving
Lions have a ver good offense which would be better this year had injuries not forced them to start scrubs at WR opposite Calvin Johnson

It was a toss up between the NFC North and NFC West for me

The NFC West has 2 legitimate Superbowl contenders in SF and Seattle. The Rams are improved but the Cardinals bring them down. They started off really well but for a 10 game stretch were possibly the worst team in the league.

The Lions are ill-disciplined but can be a very good team.

The NFC East shouldn't be in this discussion. Competitive division doesn't make it the best. Philly are very poor, the Giants have not been good the second half of the season and I don't think any NFC team will be afraid of either Washington or Dallas in the playoffs

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC North. I think the NFC East may challenge for the NFC Beast title again next year but without question they are NOT the top division this year.

Giants will reload.
Cowboys will get healthy and get better on the oline (Lee, Carter, Ratliff, Church, Scandrick, Coleman are all on IR).
Redskins will get another offseason with RGIII and Morris.
Eagles will get a new coaching staff.

Pretty much every team in the division has the arrow pointing up. Definitely voted for NFC North as far as this year.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
NFC North. I think the NFC East may challenge for the NFC Beast title again next year but without question they are NOT the top division this year.

Giants will reload.
Cowboys will get healthy and get better on the oline (Lee, Carter, Ratliff, Church, Scandrick, Coleman are all on IR).
Redskins will get another offseason with RGIII and Morris.
Eagles will get a new coaching staff.

Pretty much every team in the division has the arrow pointing up. Definitely voted for NFC North as far as this year.
Any NFC East fan (except sane Eagles fans...) with half a brain is happy that Andy Reid is out of the NFC East.

He had a bad year because the team they have on the field is soft.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

I don't think you can go wrong choosing the NFCN or East. Both each team is capable of making the playoffs. The NFC in general is stacked. Even the S with a down year has 4 teams capable of a descent run and the West seems like its a few QB's from being ridiculous.