Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 01-10-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
what i think of when matt puts the explanation point at the end of the pick lol...

It actually is to of the muffin TO ME!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My draft:

#27 - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
#59 - Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
#107 - Trevardo Williams, OLB, Connecticut
#123 - Montori Hughes, NT, Tennessee-Martin
#132 - Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
#134 - Micah Hyde, FS, Iowa
#155 - Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida
#187 - Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida

Me:

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My boards are sent for the 7th round!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skov was picked a while ago.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry I'm on my phone and it's being slow. Give me a minute to find another name then.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Matthew, I have another meeting. But you have my board so you can just go ahead and make my pick when I'm up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Hey Matthew, I have another meeting. But you have my board so you can just go ahead and make my pick when I'm up.
Alright, will do. Thanks man!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

I can't believe we're already in the final round!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, didn't see the texts. :(

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Sorry, didn't see the texts. :(
I can change the pick if you'd prefer someone else, but let me know soon so that other people have an opportunity to pick McCloud.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great pick by Oakland.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
MikeTheDudeV2
Rookie

MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Great pick by Oakland.
Thank you! I figured he'd be a pretty sexy pass rushing project for Oakland. :D
MikeTheDudeV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I can change the pick if you'd prefer someone else, but let me know soon so that other people have an opportunity to pick McCloud.
The pick itself is fine.. it's a 7th rounder anyway. I just didn't mean to hold everyone up. Sorry about that gents.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

I'm going to a job interview, if Seattle hasn't picked by 6:04, go ahead and assign them C Braxston Cave, Notre Dame:

After Seattle's time expires at 6:04, I'm going to stop the clock until I return.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Alright, I'm back. I had to attend an interview for an ESL teaching position; starting training on Monday morning! I've texted TitanHope.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got home from work! Let me check who's available, and then I'll pick!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty pleased with my Seahawk's Picks.

#26 - Kawann Short, DT. Short should immediately become a fixture in the defensive line rotation and provide the interior pressure Seattle's interior line has been lacking. He'll get a look at the 5-technique due to his outstanding quickness and bulk, the traits which made Red Bryant a fit for what Pete Carroll wanted to do defensively, but he has more penetrating ability than Red. Whether used as a 5-tech or an under-tackle, Short is a versatile player who will line up in several positions along the line and will be used to generate pressure on the quarterback.

#58 - Denard Robinson, ATH. Regardless of his official position on the roster, Robinson is an electric all-around weapon who will provide a spark for Seattle's offense. He will receive handoffs, catch passes, return kicks and be featured in Wildcat packages. He's always come across as a very team-oriented player, and that will translate into success in a variety of roles. He will not be counted on to carry the offense, but his presence will open up opportunities for other players as well as big plays throughout the season. He doesn't need to play right away, either; there's enough talent on the roster that the coaching staff could choose to bring him along similarly to the way San Francisco eased LaMichael James in the 49ers offense, except Robinson will contribute in more areas.

#90 - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB. Fits the mold of big, rangy, physical defensive backs that the Seahawks like. No need to start him immediately with Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman, but he'll be worked into defensive packages in his rookie year and compete for a starting spot eventually. I thought he was a good value at the end of the third round and Seattle likes to have competition in all of its position groups. He won't challenge Richard Sherman, but I have a feeling he and Brandon Browner could make for an interesting training camp battle. I think Browner will win, but Blidi Wreh-Wilson is going to provide instant quality depth at the position, something the team was lacking, and long-term stability at the position.

#122 - Nico Johnson, LB. One of the best linebackers in the draft was still on the board at the end of the fourth, so I had to take him. He should challenge LeRoy Hill for the weakside LB spot immediately, and if he doesn't replace him he will provide quality depth at both ILB and OLB.

#154 - Malliciah Goodman, DE. A bit of a late bloomer, Goodman came on strong at the end of the 2012 season, notching 7 sacks over Clemson's last 7 games. A former 5-star recruit, Goodman looks the part at 6'4" and 280 lbs. At this point in the draft I'm willing to roll the dice on a player who didn't quite live up to the initial hype of his career but has some intriguing tools to work with. He's a player who's going to need some development, particular his repertoire of pass-rushing moves, but when you turn on the tape you see a lot of raw talent and the ability to make offensive linemen look bad with sheer brute strength and natural leverage. He will get looks at strongside defensive end and defensive tackle, and will challenge the under-achieving FA-acquisition Jason Jones for playing time as he develops.

#164 - Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE. Luztenkirchen is a solid all-around tight end with great size and blocking ability, as well as very good hands. He wasn't featured much in Auburn's passing attack, but he is a near-clone of Seattle's incumbent starter at tight end, Zach Miller. Seattle's current no. 2, Anthony McCoy, has been up-and-down throughout his career and at this point is not a player to reserve a roster spot for when other options are available. Luztenkirchen doesn't have great speed to be a downfield threat, but in two-TE sets with Zach Miller the Seahawks will have a lot of schematic options. Just a solid player who might not ever put up the big stats but I expect to see the field a lot.

#175 (Traded) - Beanie Wells, RB. Beanie Wells wants out of Arizona, but who doesn't? I'm not expecting him to carry my offense, but think he'll make a better one-two with Marshawn Lynch than Robert Turbin. Turbin seems like a hard worker and solid person, but he never wowed me during his rookie year, and when the opportunity arose to snag Beanie for a 6th round pick I had to take it. I'd feel a lot better with Beanie Wells in the backfield than Robert Turbin should Marshawn ever get hurt. What I remember most about Turbin's season are a couple of big pass plays out of the backfield that should've been touchdowns but were dropped. His running was tough and consistent, but there were no big plays. Keeping with the idea of competition at the position, I brought Beanie in to challenge Turbin and give the Seahawk's a better insurance policy should their best offensive player ever be unavailable.

#186 (Traded) - Early Doucet, WR. Another player offered as trade bait by Arizona that I thought was a good value. I'm not sure Early will make this team, but that's as much as you expect from a 6th/7th round pick anyway. In some ways he reminds me of Anquan Boldin, but he's never had nearly the success. He's a tough player who was beginning to come on last season, but AZ's implosion at QB this year guaranteed that none of their receivers would be putting up big stats and therefore probably lowered their trade value. I feel like that's the case here, and I'm looking forward to bringing him into camp and seeing how well he picks up the offense. Seattle's intermediate passing game has been the weakest part of the passing game, and that's the area I see Early excelling because of his size and run-after-the-catch ability.

#200 - Mike Catapano, DE. With my final pick I took a flyer on the quietly buzzing prospect from Princeton who dominated the Ivy League and will probably light up the combine as well. He's a lot bigger than Chris Clemons and Bruce Irvin, but he intrigues me as a potential Leo candidate. At the very least, he'll provide more competition in training camp and be a viable challenger for a spot at defensive end, as I expect him to be able to rush the passer and also anchor as a strongside end. The only question is how he responds to playing against NFL talent, and with a lot of these guys you know very quickly whether or not they belong in the NFL. The physical profile warrants a roll of the dice.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I just got home from work! Let me check who's available, and then I'll pick!
You're too pretty to work

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

There were a few good players on the board, sorry for the delay. Hopefully another makes it to my next pick!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe Mellette was still around! Pumped!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel the same about Knott. I am amazed I could pick him with NO's last pick

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My pick will be up in like 10 minutes

Mellette was a guy I wanted in the 5th. Nice pick.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Mellette oh well. Happy with Boyd.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
I wanted Mellette oh well. Happy with Boyd.
Boyd was a nice value. More explosive/powerful than his stats indicate. My concern with him was that his production really dropped off after Fletcher Cox left.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will get a nice entourage in San Diego.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote