Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 10-13-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014 Raiders Draft and Free Agency thread

So the season is shaping up to be better than I think a lot of people expected. It's quite possible we'll be picking in 5-10 range. Pryor has been a pleasant surprise with his progress and the D is vastly improved. But there are still holes in the team and it's never too early to starting debating the potential off season moves and acquisitions.

Who should the Raiders use their draft picks on and who are potential free agency acquisitions?

Last edited by AJP19 : 10-13-2013 at 04:37 PM.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From an outsiders perspective, I thought the Raiders look set at QB and on defense, especially if they can resign Lamarr Houston. That dude's been legit since Texas. If McFadden is allowed to leave via free agency perhaps a replacement will be needed. I thought you had a few good young receivers but perhaps no true number 1 target. Obviously, the offensive line was shaky but I wonder how much of that is chalked up to injuries. How much do the Raiders like Veldheer? I wanted Wisniewski in KC, how is he doing?

They might be in position to add one of the top tackles, or maybe Lee or Watkins to the receivers. In any case, I'd say the Raiders have a lot of good young talent on their roster. The Chiefs-Raiders rivalry might finally be back.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to resign Houston and Veldheer. Veldheer has been very reliable and the line has struggled without him and Watson, who looked good in preseason, and more recently Wiz. Against the Cheifs we lost our backup center, and 2 of our backups were out. So healthy I think it's good unit. I've seen some say Wiz was better LG than since he moved to center, I'm interested in people's take on this. Alex Mack is a FA who seems to have been very solid in Cleveland, that could be a solution if the staff agree.

Houston has been our best player on D but we need a pass rusher. Clowney's attitude concerns make me uneasy and if this has some substance I don't think he fits the team ethos (if we are even in a position to draft him). I like the OLB's Anthony Barr and Khalil Mack who may be in play in the 5-10 spot.

Tarver has the D playing very well as a unit but I think there's definitely room to upgrade the overall level of talent. What are people's assessment of Porter and Jenkins? Porter seems to get burned in coverage on the outside but has been good blitzing. Woodson can't play forever either.

The run D is improved but how have the DTs played? I haven't been watching closely.

I think McFadden leaves at the end of the year. He's missed some time and hasn't been playing at a level to lever a good contract. I think he might test the FA market. We picked up Latavius Murray in the draft who seemed to get good reports from camp, but went on IR.

We don't have a no 1 receiver, I like the group but none of them have separated themselves. I like Lee, although opinion seems to be cooling on him, I haven't seen anything of Watkins. Mike Evans seems to be generating some buzz too.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
primussuxxx
Rookie

primussuxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Veldheer? I would love to re-sign him, but first we must get him on the field again and evaluate. Hopefully this will not continue as it has for McFadden. I am thinking dude overworked in the off season, and injured himself because of that.
primussuxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

Current teams needs

Offence:
OG or C, RB, WR, TE and it's looking more and more like QB.

Defence:
DE, FS
Old 12-01-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can draft all the CBs and OTs and sign a million DEs... Until we find a QB we will suck.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my too early 3 round mock for us

1 Sammy Watkins WR Clemson*
2 Zach Mettenberger QB LSU
3 Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really like Mettenberger.

I love me some Boyd though

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bortles, Manziel and Hundley should be atop of our draft boards. I still support taking Watkins then a QB in the 2nd too

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 12-09-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We desperately need a franchise QB, but I'm not a fan of running QB's so I hope we stay away from them.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell no to Manziel....he would make me look like Pryor's no. 1 fan

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-12-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I've picked Brett Hundley and Allen Robinson so far in the forum mock. That would help our weak passing attack right away

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 12-13-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

I think it's easier to name positions that aren't required: LT, C, FB, MLB, LDE, SS, P. Everything else could do with an upgrade or at the least, has a question mark over it.

I'll take a trade down for someone like Ebron, picking up another second rounder to use on a WR and QB, DE or G if no QB is there. Looks like there will be lots of depth at WR in the draft.

Saw Huntley against Stanford. Do not want.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:49 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP19 View Post
I think it's easier to name positions that aren't required: LT, C, FB, MLB, LDE, SS, P. Everything else could do with an upgrade or at the least, has a question mark over it.

I'll take a trade down for someone like Ebron, picking up another second rounder to use on a WR and QB, DE or G if no QB is there. Looks like there will be lots of depth at WR in the draft.

Saw Huntley against Stanford. Do not want.
I could not agree more with this post. All of it. It is Hundley though.

Also, I really don't like any of the QBs available. Not Mettenberger, not Carr and certainly not Hundley. Bridgewater is decent but won't get to us. I would actually take Manziel over those who I just mentioned, based on talent I'd say.

However, I think our real best option is trading down and getting the best player available, no matter which position that is. This team needs talent just about everywhere.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:35 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
I could not agree more with this post. All of it. It is Hundley though.
Oops, fingers and brain weren't on the same page!

I agree on going BPA too, Ebron is fun to watch though!
Old 12-14-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP19 View Post
Oops, fingers and brain weren't on the same page!

I agree on going BPA too, Ebron is fun to watch though!
Yeah, I mean, trading down and getting Ebron would be amazing.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I'd take Carr over everyone there. I would love Mike Evans going to Oakland

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-08-2014, 11:26 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

Here's my dream FA list in order of the unlikelihood of them actually leaving their team and signing with the Raiders:
Greg Hardy
Henry Melton
Jarius Byrd
Alex Mack
Jeremy Maclin

Who else have you got?
Old 01-08-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My draft for Oakland based on that draft simulator game:

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Kelvin Benjamin
3. Dominique Easley
4. Trevor Reilly
6. Jimmie Ward
7. Rashaad Reynolds
7. Chris Watt
Old 01-09-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Blake Bortles is my guy, we need a QB to build around and it's going to be a long process. Let Bortles develop and compete against McGloin/Pryor (1 will be gone this off season I think) and get him some weapons. The cap room we will have can hopefully land us a few quality starting talents as well as keep some of our own guys. Hardy or Maclin would be huge additions to this team. Hardy and Houston would be a good pair of DE's or Maclin would easily become our top target on offense for our new QB

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 01-15-2014, 12:24 AM    (permalink
ios3fa
Rookie

ios3fa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Last offseason we basically went out & built a whole defense outta spare parts from the scrap heap & those guys were at least competent whn we got any kind of positive contribution from the offense. I trust tht the staff will find solid pieces in FA.. Im pretty sure SEA wont be able to keep Bennett AND Avril, nor is it a done deal bw CAR & Hardy. Far as Im concerned, u line any of those guys up w Sio, Houston, & McGee on 3rd & long and we'd give OLs fits. Id prefer Hardy tho, dude is jus abt to hit his prime.

If we let Woodson walk Im really hoping we bring in Jairus Byrd.. Id bet some good money u he & Branch could be a top flight tandem.

Say both those things happen tho, we bring in Byrd & pull off Bennett/ Hardy... not only would i be comfortable bringing back Jenkins & Porter (w a year 2 DJ Hayden in rotation), i would anticipate a very competive unit in 2014
ios3fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

The defense isn't even the real problem anymore. Our offense is just so inept. We need to jettison DMC and get our backs healthy...address WR and QB. Plug in some more pieces to the OL and pray Veldheer and Wis get healthy.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-15-2014, 08:14 PM    (permalink
ios3fa
Rookie

ios3fa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I disagree. There were multiple games whr our defense cost us a w... WAS, DEN, PHI, DAL, & the 56 point debacle at home against KC. Teams tht have successfully went from bottom feeders to contenders (SF, SEA, KC) did so by building strong defensive units & pairing them w generally conservative offensive attacks. Thats our ticket to beating DEN & winning the division
ios3fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rd1: Watkins
Rd2: Garoppolo
Rd3: Fiedorowicz

Hope like hell you can rebuild the defense in free agency.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:32 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. That would be awful.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote