Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-25-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

dra hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Could be a good pick if we have traded down twice.
dra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

My perfect world would have the rumor that the Browns want to get in front of Philly for Geno Smith being true. We could trade back to the 6 spot. Then if Lane Johnson got past Detroit we would be in a perfect situation to trade back again to someone who covets the OT. I think we are likely to pick up a second/third but with this draft as weak as it is I would rather they figure out how to acquire another first round pick next season.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

99.9% sure we trade down from #3, and I'm hearing conflicting reports saying we aren't going to draft Floyd and instead target Lotulelei or Ansah. Could be smoke screens but I definitely support those 2 over Floyd at this point.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns aren't trading up, they have no picks and are looking to move down and probably get EJ Manuel later in the 1st.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay!!! No Floyd!!

**** Todd McShay and Mel Kiper

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Hayden and a 2nd> Floyd

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 04-25-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad we were able to trade down and I'm okay with the pick. I wish we didn't have to wait until tomorrow for the 2nd round.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

Glad we traded down as well. I would have thought we would have gotten more. Hopefully they make that 2nd pick count.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of value at that 2nd round pick, I love it.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

Raiders have the 10th pick. My board:
Justin Hunter
Tank Carradine
Johnathan Jenkins
Arthur Brown
John Cyprien
DJ Swearinger
Damontre Moore
Keenan Allen
Zach Ertz
Robert Woods
Old 04-26-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hayden pick is just Reggie following his board. I can't fault him, yes its another DB, Very Al Davis like and Raiders once again pass on DTs but he's a talented player, no doubt. I'm very excited for Friday night. Tons of talent for round 2, we are going to get another starter.

I would love Tank.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly would have preferred Star Lotulelei, Desmond Trufant, or Xavier Rhodes but we got a 2nd rounder and traded down. I'm not unhappy with the pick, hopefully the guy can develop properly and his heart will be OK.

Definitely definitely a step in the right direction.

Tank or Damontre would make me happy in the 2nd, Cyprien too.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Carradine would be awesome to add in the 2nd to go with Hayden

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 04-26-2013, 02:56 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Hearing a lot of DT Brandon Williams buzz in the 2nd, I think one of these combos with happen tomorrow

2nd Carradine/Williams/Ertz/Cyprien
3rd Okafor/Escobar/Collins/Logan

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 04-26-2013, 03:12 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Geno Smith is somehow still on the board at #42 and if he was in discussions for the 1st round pick, do you think he is the choice in the 2nd?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:19 AM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
If Geno Smith is somehow still on the board at #42 and if he was in discussions for the 1st round pick, do you think he is the choice in the 2nd?
He threw a fit after the first round and declared he is not returning for day 2. That alone makes me think he should just be eliminated from the board, does not sound like a winner who will thrive through adversity and I believe that was one of his problems in college.

I like Barkley over him and like Wilson or Glennon later in the draft over him in the 2nd.

Last edited by dra : 04-26-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be beyond excited if we took Brandon Williams, one of my favorite player in the entire draft. He's going to have a long career in the NFL.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's make a list of possible likely 2nd rounder picks.

OT Menelik Watson- Solution at RT, but I honestly believe we need interior help first. However, value is there with the tackle.

WR Justin Hunter- Reportedly, Reggie likes him.

TE Zack Ertz- Very good value and a need, but not a trenchman. Also, quality TEs can be had a round or two later.

DE/OLB Damontre Moore- Depends on how the character concerns pan out.

DE Tank Carradine- This would be a dream come true, but I don't think he lasts until 10.

DT Jesse Williams- Gives us a NT, but not as valuable as a DE pick.

DT Brandon Williams- Love his guy.

Carradine easily tops this list.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra View Post
He threw a fit after the first round and declared he is not returning for day 2. That alone makes me think he should just be eliminated from the board, does not sound like a winner who will thrive through adversity and I believe that was one of his problems in college.

I like Barkley over him and like Wilson or Glennon later in the draft over him in the 2nd.
He did not throw a fit and no GM cares about him leaving the draft.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 04-26-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I'll be disappointed if Geno's the pick, just don't understand the concept of drafting him when we just added Flynn, reportedly still like Pryor and could find a QB later in the draft as well. Give me Tyler Wilson in the 3rd or Bray in the 4th over Geno now. We still have some big holes to fill

As for Justin Hunter as a possible pick, that'd be awesome! Much needed height added to WR and would replace DHB nicely. If he or Carradine aren't there I think we could trade down a few slots and go after Williams

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I'll be disappointed if Geno's the pick, just don't understand the concept of drafting him when we just added Flynn, reportedly still like Pryor and could find a QB later in the draft as well. Give me Tyler Wilson in the 3rd or Bray in the 4th over Geno now. We still have some big holes to fill

As for Justin Hunter as a possible pick, that'd be awesome! Much needed height added to WR and would replace DHB nicely. If he or Carradine aren't there I think we could trade down a few slots and go after Williams
Value wise, you have to look at Ertz as well. He would have a great impact this year.

- Genius
Old 04-26-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Tyler Wilson in the 3rd would make me jizz my pants.

Geno in the 2nd would be a disappointmenr. Carradine is obviously the top choice but I also like Moore

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for OL or DL/pass rusher. I'd be pretty disappointed if we went with Geno as well. I don't particularly like him or any of the QB's in this class for that matter.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Tyler Wilson in the 3rd would make me jizz my pants.

Geno in the 2nd would be a disappointmenr. Carradine is obviously the top choice but I also like Moore
Wilson is a back up in the NFL my man. No need to get hyped over him or his baby hands.

- Genius
Old 04-26-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ertz could be a Zach Miller type of very well rounded TE who really adds a lot to the passing game. Maybe a bit better than just sneaky speed in the seam that Miller had with Oakland.

I'm not a big fan of Hunt in the 2nd round. Don't like it when players don't turn their physical talents in gameday actions. Even guys like Dion Jordan show gameday actions on the field that match the great athleticism.

I am trying to decide if I could get behind an Eddie Lacy pick here at 42. I know the Raiders need a RB who can pick up a lot of starts and plenty of carries as a backup too. Lacy is powerful and has pedigree. However, the Raiders went skill position in the 1st with a CB. It would be a little disappointing if the Raiders didn't add a "keystone" player in the 2nd here. With that said, I don't know if I'd be too disappointed knowing he would likely make a good impact.

I'm with Scott in that I'm not too fond of Tank Carradine. I think he'd be solid. Raiders need an explosive edge rusher. Not a solid edge rusher.

Terron Armstead is intriguing to me. He's athletic and kind of matches veldheer with a very high upside. Could be a good solution to RT.

Damontre Moore might be a good gamble here. This is another guy with good tape who absolutely failed the post season draft process. Can we take a gamble that his poor showing in the speed and ability drills were partially hurt by injuries?

How about Manti Te'o? Same as Moore with the added negative of the media circus. I think I want Moore over Te'o due to position impact and need.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote