Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-26-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Lacy as a prospect but we brought in Rashad Jennings and still have Reece to run the ball if/when DMC gets hurt. A RB can be found much later.

DE, DT, OL, TE or WR should be the pick

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I think Ertz could be a Zach Miller type of very well rounded TE who really adds a lot to the passing game. Maybe a bit better than just sneaky speed in the seam that Miller had with Oakland.

I'm not a big fan of Hunt in the 2nd round. Don't like it when players don't turn their physical talents in gameday actions. Even guys like Dion Jordan show gameday actions on the field that match the great athleticism.

I am trying to decide if I could get behind an Eddie Lacy pick here at 42. I know the Raiders need a RB who can pick up a lot of starts and plenty of carries as a backup too. Lacy is powerful and has pedigree. However, the Raiders went skill position in the 1st with a CB. It would be a little disappointing if the Raiders didn't add a "keystone" player in the 2nd here. With that said, I don't know if I'd be too disappointed knowing he would likely make a good impact.

I'm with Scott in that I'm not too fond of Tank Carradine. I think he'd be solid. Raiders need an explosive edge rusher. Not a solid edge rusher.

Terron Armstead is intriguing to me. He's athletic and kind of matches veldheer with a very high upside. Could be a good solution to RT.

Damontre Moore might be a good gamble here. This is another guy with good tape who absolutely failed the post season draft process. Can we take a gamble that his poor showing in the speed and ability drills were partially hurt by injuries?

How about Manti Te'o? Same as Moore with the added negative of the media circus. I think I want Moore over Te'o due to position impact and need.
The value is not tremendous outside of OT and Ertz IMO. I wouldn't mind a trade down.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Wilson is a back up in the NFL my man. No need to get hyped over him or his baby hands.
I disagree. I think Wilson could be the best QB from this class.

I'm not sure I can get behind Lacy.

Absolutely no to Te'o though.

It's Moore, Cyprien, Carradine, or Ertz for me tbh. If we got LB maybe Minter or maybe Arthur Brown?

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 04-26-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I disagree. I think Wilson could be the best QB from this class.

I'm not sure I can get behind Lacy.

Absolutely no to Te'o though.

It's Moore, Cyprien, Carradine, or Ertz for me tbh. If we got LB maybe Minter or maybe Arthur Brown?
Cannot go LB this early, it has to be a trenchmen.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 04-26-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Cannot go LB this early, it has to be a trenchmen.
Trenchman!!!!!

- Genius
Old 04-26-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cant say i'm overly happy with the pick. I would habe preferred a front 7 player but OT is not bad either.

I hope this means I wont have to watch the steamy pile of monkey crap that is Khalif Barnes

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
cant say i'm overly happy with the pick. I would habe preferred a front 7 player but OT is not bad either.

I hope this means I wont have to watch the steamy pile of monkey crap that is Khalif Barnes
You serious bro?? This is a great pick considering who was on the board. No front seven player was worth it after Carradine went. There is a decent change Moore might be there next round. I think we go D-line in the third and will get better value.

I've see Watson play several times and I can tell you, he is a PERFECT RT solution we just a little more experience. He is GIFTED.

- Genius
Old 04-26-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I wanted Barkley, Wilson, or Damontre Moore there at 66 but this Sio Moore guy looks like a good pick and I was hoping for a LB.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like our picks but Andre Carter/Jason Hunter is our starting defensive end.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Alex Okafor, William Gholston, Cornelius Washington, or Corey Lemonier would all be OK in my book in the next round.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Alex Okafor, William Gholston, Cornelius Washington, or Corey Lemonier would all be OK in my book in the next round.
Gholston is not a pass rusher.

- Genius
Old 04-26-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damontre Moore at 66 would have been very sweet.

I like the Sio kid though.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still tons of value in the 4th, DT or DE still need to be addressed

Sio and Watson are very nice additions, both potential starters from day 1. Watson is easily an upgrade over Barnes at RT and Sio can play both OLB spots and rush the passer.

Barkley in the 4th is an absolute steal to whatever team gets him

My Raiders Mock

Old 04-26-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

dra hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't hate the Barkley pick this late in the draft but we have to draft a DLineman (or 3).
dra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

Our 3 player board has to look something like this:
Alex Okafor, DE
Jesse Williams, DT
Akeem Spence, DT

Maybe someone will be will to give us another late pick or a mid pick next year to come up and take one of the QB's.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra View Post
Our 3 player board has to look something like this:
Alex Okafor, DE
Jesse Williams, DT
Akeem Spence, DT

Maybe someone will be will to give us another late pick or a mid pick next year to come up and take one of the QB's.
Yes, although I'd personally love us to pick up Schwenke or Barkley with our 4th rounder. Okafor should be the pick, he's what we need and he's still there.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. I could almost convince myself Barkley would be a good selection tomorrow.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

DT Brandon Williams is still on the board too right? Would be a good selection or Okafor as well

My Raiders Mock

Old 04-27-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I could totally get on board with Barkley or Wilson but I think Okafor would probably fill a bigger need.

Anyone think we have a shot at Cornelius Washington in the 5th? Dude is raw as all hell but he's extremely athletic. Could be a poor man's JPP

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-27-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I could totally get on board with Barkley or Wilson but I think Okafor would probably fill a bigger need.

Anyone think we have a shot at Cornelius Washington in the 5th? Dude is raw as all hell but he's extremely athletic. Could be a poor man's JPP
We don't have a 5th do we? That went to Seattle I think.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We don't have a 5th do we? That went to Seattle I think.
You're right we don't. Damn it, I don't think Washington would make it to the 6th. Would have been a great project.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-27-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
You're right we don't. Damn it, I don't think Washington would make it to the 6th. Would have been a great project.
This is where it would have made a lot of sense to get a throw in with the Miami trade. Miami has a comp pick to go along with their 5th rounder. Do you mean to tell me they really wanted to hang on to that extra pick 20 spots ahead of the comp pick?

Would have been nice to fill in the hole in the 5th round with that trade too.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
DT Brandon Williams is still on the board too right? Would be a good selection or Okafor as well
Brandon Williams went in round 3 to Baltimore.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
I like our picks but Andre Carter/Jason Hunter is our starting defensive end.
This could prove to be a problem, yes. Then again, Carter looked great at the end of the year, and Hunter was going to start for Denver before getting hurt, supposedly. They could both surprise us.

But, yeah. We desperately need another DE with starter potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Barkley in the 4th is an absolute steal to whatever team gets him
We already have a backup QB. No sense wasting a draft pick on a career backup QB. Considering the shape our roster is in, we can easily find a starter in Rd4.

Quote:
Damn. I could almost convince myself Barkley would be a good selection tomorrow.
Snap out of it, man. Noodle armed USC QB? Hell naw. Any USC QB is a bad pick until proven otherwise.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

What happened with Jack Crawford? I liked him and thought he'd be a good player.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: