Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 12-31-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default End of Regular Season Mock

This USC vs Georgia Tech bowl game is boring me so I'm going to do a mock real quick. As always comments appreciated and try to keep them based on fact and not opinion (such as 'X player isn't a scheme fit because of his size' instead of 'I like Y player more than X player, give my team Y').

Projected trades:
A) OAK 1st for ARI 1st and 3rd

1. KC - Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia

There will likely be a lot of movement in the QB rankings and someone will likely break away from the pack, but right now Geno is the #1 QB in a lack luster QB class at the top anyway.

2. JAC - Star Lotuleilei - DT - Utah

Jacksonville should probably try to shop this pick around, and if anyone offers anything for it they should take it. I felt that trading up for Blackmon last year was a horrible move considering how many needs they have they can't afford to give up picks. If they stick with #2 though they should take a blue chip prospect like Lotuleilei or Joeckel.

3. ARI (from OAK, see proj. trade A) - Luke Joeckel - OT - Texas A&M
I think it's a close call between Arizona standing pat at 7 and taking a QB or moving up and taking Joeckel and taking a QB in the 2nd. This trade would benefit both teams as Oakland doesn't have an immediate need at LT, but does have many needs due to a lack of draft picks in recent years.

4. PHI - Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama
The writing is on the wall for Asomugha and DRC in Philly. With a new regime coming in those two will likely not be back. Milliner would come in and likely start immediately with Brandon Boykin.

5. DET - Bjoern Werner - DE - Florida State
Jarvis Jones' health concerns may be a red flag for the Lions who have had bad luck with prospects with injury concerns coming out (Best, Leshoure, Broyles, etc.) so they should go with the safer bet in Werner.

6. CLE - Jarvis Jones - OLB/DE - Georgia
I'd expect Jones to play a role similar to Von Miller in a 4-3 scheme where he stands up at the will position on early downs and lines up with his hand in the dirt in nickel formations. Pass rush is a definite need for the Browns and he could come in and make an impact right away.

7. OAK (from ARI) - Manti Te'o - LB - Notre Dame
I expect that Rolando McClain will be cut in the off-season, I'd be shocked if he is on the Raiders in 2013 based on what transpired with him recently.

8. BUF - Tyler Wilson - QB - Arkansas
Hard to say what direction the Bills go here since they currently have no HC. I would imagine that Fitzpatrick will likely still be parted with though, so hard to project the Bills doing something other than drafting a QB in the 1st.

9. NYJ - Damontre Moore - OLB - Texas A&M
Please be there! I've been big on this guy since last year and as a Jets fan I would love being able to stand pat at the 9th pick and grab this guy. Exactly the kind of versatile and explosive pass rusher the team needs.

10. TEN - Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
This seems high for a guard, but considering this draft class isn't exactly top heavy, I wouldn't rule it out.

11. SD - Barkevious Mingo - OLB - LSU

Another tough pick to project as the Chargers have no GM or HC right now. Shaun Phillips is in his contract year so another pass rusher would be a need. Mingo and Jordan both strike me as similar in that they are more athletic than productive in games, so whoever performs better at the combine between Mingo and Jordan will likely get taken first, and I expect that to be Mingo.

12. MIA - Keenan Allen - WR - California
No change here. Biggest need, best WR in the class. Been projecting this since my first mock of the season.

13. TB - Johnthan Banks - CB - Mississippi State
May be a slight reach here but its above and beyond the biggest need for the Bucs, so if it is still a reach in April maybe they trade back and take a corner later.

14. CAR - Johnathan Hankins - DT - Ohio State

Good value and fills a big need.

15. NO - Sheldon Richardson - DT - Missouri
The defense needs an overhaul so the Saints should just take the best defensive player available.

16. STL - Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
I'm putting Matthews ahead of Lewan here just based on what I've been reading recently, that Matthews may end up being a better LT at the next level than even Joeckel. Hearing lots of good things about this guy.

17. PIT - John Jenkins - NT - Georgia
Hampton has likely played his last snap as a Steeler, and Ta'amu sounds like he's been a bust thus far.

18. DAL - Dion Jordan - OLB - Oregon

While I'm still not sold on this guy, there is no doubting that he has the size and athleticism to succeed at the next level. He could also be an enormous bust if he isn't coached properly though. With Anthony Spencer due to hit FA this would fill the void at the Sam backer position.

19. NYG - Ezekiel Ansah - DE - BYU
Sounding like not only Osi but also Tuck may not be back with the G-Men next year, so DE would become the biggest need by far and Ansah seems to be skyrocketing up boards.

20. CHI - Taylor Lewan - OT - Michigan

Solid value and fills a big need for the Bears.

21. STL (from WAS) - Eric Reid - FS - LSU
22. MIN - Terrance Williams - WR - Baylor
23. IND - Jonathan Cooper - OG - North Carolina
24. HOU - Matt Elam - SS - Florida
25. CIN - Sam Montgomery - DE - LSU
26. BAL - Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia
27. SEA - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
28. SF - Justin Hunter - WR - Tennessee
29. NE - Barrett Jones - G/C - Alabama
30. ATL - Jesse Williams - DT - Alabama
31. GB - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan
32. DEN - Zach Ertz - TE - Stanford

Round 2

33. JAC - Matt Barkley - QB - USC
34. KC - Robert Woods - WR - USC
35. PHI - Shariff Floyd - DT - Florida
36. DET - Xavier Rhodes - CB - Florida State
37. CIN (from OAK) - Khaseem Greene - LB - Rutgers
38. ARI - Mike Glennon - QB - NC State
39. CLE - Forfeited
40. NYJ - Aaron Murray - QB - Georgia
41. TEN - Alex Okafor - DE - Texas
42. BUF - Cordarelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
43. MIA - Jordan Poyer - CB - Oregon State
44. TB - Kawann Short - DT - Purdue
45. CAR - DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
46. NO - Forfeited
47. SD - Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma
48. STL - Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Tennessee Tech
49. DAL - Tyler Bray - QB - Tennessee
50. PIT - Desmond Trufant - CB - Washington
51. NYG - Oday Aboushi - OT - Virginia
52. CHI - Kevin Minter - LB - LSU
53. MIN - Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse
54. WAS - Logan Ryan - CB - Rutgers
55. MIA (from IND) - D.J. Fluker - OT - Alabama
56. HOU - Dallas Thomas - G/T - Tennessee
57. BAL - Alex Ogletree - LB - Georgia
58. CIN - Giovani Bernard - RB - North Carolina
59. SEA - Larry Warford - OG - Kentucky
60. SF - Kenny Vaccaro - FS - Texas
61. NE - John Simon - DE - Ohio State
62. ATL - Jordan Reed - TE - Florida
63. GB - Andre Ellington - RB - Clemson
64. DEN - Phillip Thomas - FS - Fresno State

Last edited by Robcards : 12-31-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Milliner to Philly = perfect projection

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a bad NO pick, but you have to strongly consider Sam Montgomery and Sheldon Richardson there also. I project Dion Jordan as more of a 3-4 OLB, so I am not sold on the fit.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Not a bad NO pick, but you have to strongly consider Sam Montgomery and Sheldon Richardson there also. I project Dion Jordan as more of a 3-4 OLB, so I am not sold on the fit.
Yeah I was torn between Richardson and Jordan. Maybe even Ansah.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98

I like Milliner to Philly, but DRC is back. He hasn't let up a big play in 6 games. He's been pretty shutdown even with an awful group of safeties behind hm.
eliasrapp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Made some minor changes (Richardson to NO, Jordan to DAL) and added picks 21-32.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would the Chargers really go after Mingo after taking Ingram in the first last year?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Would the Chargers really go after Mingo after taking Ingram in the first last year?
Why not? Doesn't look like Shaun Phillips will be back and Jarrett Johnson isn't really a pass rusher...
Old 12-31-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a pretty poor Patriots draft. Center isn't a need. Ryan Wendell did just fine and actually lead the NFL in minutes played. Belichick is really into measurables when it comes to de/olb. Simon might be a player for someone. But, I doubt he's a second and can't see the Pats drafting him. If you want to improve NE's pass rush give us Okafor in the first. Or, one of the dt's; Williams, Floyd or Short. End of the 2nd I'd like Markus Wheaton or Margus Hunt. Let's say Jesse Williams and Markus Wheaton.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

solid KC draft
Old 12-31-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're a Jets fan so obviously you have a feel for the team's needs, but that worked out nicely.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Minijosh
Rookie

Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a fan of either Niner pick. I see no way they take another 1st rd WR while they continue to develop Jenkins. S is not a 2nd rd need when both S are going to the Pro Bowl. In your scenario Jesse Williams would be a much better pick in the 1st to give the D-line depth and maybe a replacement for the Cowboy down the road.
Minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid Rams draft. Matthews, Reid and Rogers would fill immediate needs while upgrading our overall talent big time.

P.S. I'm glad you didn't follow a lot of other mocks and have the Rams going OL back to back in the first. There is no way in Hades that Fish doesn't take a defensive player with at least one of our first rounders if not even both, IMO.

WHAT SAY YE?
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
You're a Jets fan so obviously you have a feel for the team's needs, but that worked out nicely.
Agreed. D. Moore would kick ass in round 1 and I can live with Murray in round 2 though it'd suck to pass up on Gio Beonard since I think he can be our answer to a full time back.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love that Bears draft
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Agreed. D. Moore would kick ass in round 1 and I can live with Murray in round 2 though it'd suck to pass up on Gio Beonard since I think he can be our answer to a full time back.
Qb is just more important and RBs can be found later in the draft. I'm really hoping we get Michael dyer.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
That's a pretty poor Patriots draft. Center isn't a need. Ryan Wendell did just fine and actually lead the NFL in minutes played. Belichick is really into measurables when it comes to de/olb. Simon might be a player for someone. But, I doubt he's a second and can't see the Pats drafting him. If you want to improve NE's pass rush give us Okafor in the first. Or, one of the dt's; Williams, Floyd or Short. End of the 2nd I'd like Markus Wheaton or Margus Hunt. Let's say Jesse Williams and Markus Wheaton.
Jones would play RG for the pats not C. Also you're the first pats fan to say DT is a need every other one I've encountered on this board says DT early for pats is crazy because they really like Kyle love.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still can't see the Bengals taking a DE in the 1st. They have gotten better value in the later rounds from DL plus this class is deep on the DL. DB or LB seem like more likely positions to be addressed in the 1st.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I still can't see the Bengals taking a DE in the 1st. They have gotten better value in the later rounds from DL plus this class is deep on the DL. DB or LB seem like more likely positions to be addressed in the 1st.
There just aren't any 1st round LBs other than Te'o or 1st round safeties other than Reid and maybe Elam. I'm sure at least one or two will emerge like Harrison smith last year but ATM it's tough to mock something other than a pass rusher at that spot.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Jones would play RG for the pats not C. Also you're the first pats fan to say DT is a need every other one I've encountered on this board says DT early for pats is crazy because they really like Kyle love.
kyle love is a rotational player imo. he was great last year, and he hasnt shown too many flashes of improvement this year. DT is a spot id like to invest a high pick on, im really high on shariff floyd (a little biased)

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
kyle love is a rotational player imo. he was great last year, and he hasnt shown too many flashes of improvement this year. DT is a spot id like to invest a high pick on, im really high on shariff floyd (a little biased)
Ok thanks I used to mock DT in the 1st to the Pats but everyone kept telling me DE was the bigger need
Old 01-01-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a terrible pick, but I think I'd rather go with a pass rusher. Montgomery would be my preference, but considering who is left I can understand OG. Also, Okafor is a dark horse for our pick in this situation.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Not a terrible pick, but I think I'd rather go with a pass rusher. Montgomery would be my preference, but considering who is left I can understand OG. Also, Okafor is a dark horse for our pick in this situation.
I'm assuming Mathis moves over to the weak side rush spot and the Colts sign someone like Kruger, Barwin, or Spencer to play Sam. Kruger would obv make the most sense because of the connection to pagano. In that case OLB wouldn't be as big a need. Of course they could also sign some OLine help as well but they could have last year too and all they did was trade for justice and sign satele
Old 01-01-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what it's worth Kruger isn't a good fit at the SAM. That's where he was playing earlier in the season for Baltimore when he wasn't doing anything. After Suggs came back and Kruger moved into the situational pass-rusher role is when he really started to flourish.

As for Baltimore's picks, they're alright. Austin could be good depending on what happens with the WR situation. I don't think he's a clear BPA type of guy they would take regardless of need. I'm not a fan of Ogletree's fit in a 3-4 but in the 2nd round that's a good pick anyways. Baltimore definitely needs a guy who can cover from from the ILB position.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 01-01-2013 at 03:46 PM.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minijosh View Post
Not a fan of either Niner pick. I see no way they take another 1st rd WR while they continue to develop Jenkins.
Crabtree - Gold
Moss - FA
Manningham - 1 more year + horrid knee injury
Williams - Iffy coming off an ACL.
Ginn - 2 targets all season
Jenkins - 1 target.

Scenarios exist where WR is easily the weakest position on the team.