Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-21-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

they started out slow, so he got canned, chicago was thinking NBA title and when they started 9-16 he got canned for the slow start
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3365899

Sampson may become Bucks' assistant

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many people would be against trading Michael Redd?

Old 05-04-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
How many people would be against trading Michael Redd?
I would not be against it but it wouldnt be my first choice of what to do. I'd rather trade Mo before anyone else, but I'm open to getting rid of anyone other than Bogut, Yi, and Sessions.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
I would not be against it but it wouldnt be my first choice of what to do. I'd rather trade Mo before anyone else, but I'm open to getting rid of anyone other than Bogut, Yi, and Sessions.
I think Yi may be on his way out because he has not expressed any longterm committment to the Bucks and will look elsewhere after his first contract is expired

Old 05-04-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucks should not have drafted Yi when it was reported multiple times he didnt want to play for the Bucks. Anyways whens the draft? I didnt follow the Bucks that much this season because they were awful again and really am not a huge NBA fan NCAA is better.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

the draft is in june, does anyone know when the draft lottery is?? it should be coming up soon
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lottery May 20, draft June 26
Old 05-20-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Bucks have the 8th pick

Old 05-20-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bucks have the 8th pick
So who are we taking? Hopefully not another who stated he didn't want to play for Milwaukee and we still drafted him anyways.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
So who are we taking? Hopefully not another who stated he didn't want to play for Milwaukee and we still drafted him anyways.
I did a quick mock in the 2008 nba draft thread and i had the bucks taking danilo gallinari

Old 05-20-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did a quick mock in the 2008 nba draft thread and i had the bucks taking danilo gallinari
Charlie Villanueva and Yi are still on the roster. What would he bring that's not there already
Old 05-20-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Charlie Villanueva and Yi are still on the roster. What would he bring that's not there already
a true 3...villnueva is a tweener and yi is a 4

Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't say I know much about him. Is he NBA ready enough to start right away?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Can't say I know much about him. Is he NBA ready enough to start right away?
I think with the situation that the Bucks are in that he can afford to start right away and take his lumps by learning how to transition to the NBA.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Latest mock from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ckDraft-080602

I think we need to completely rebuild. Trade Redd, trade CV, and maybe trade Mo. I like Bogut but is he the guy that Hammond wants? Can Bogut be that presence in the low post?

Yi is set and we really need him to develop this year. Is Sessions going to run the show? We have so many questions its hard to say this is where we begin.

I'd like to draft DeAndre Jordan as our future center. Then we are set with Yi at the 4 and Jordan at the 5. We aren't stuck paying Bogut after the season either.

I'd love to get another lottery pick this year. IMO we need to dump Redd though in order to go anywhere.
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampman for President View Post
Latest mock from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ckDraft-080602

I think we need to completely rebuild. Trade Redd, trade CV, and maybe trade Mo. I like Bogut but is he the guy that Hammond wants? Can Bogut be that presence in the low post?

Yi is set and we really need him to develop this year. Is Sessions going to run the show? We have so many questions its hard to say this is where we begin.

I'd like to draft DeAndre Jordan as our future center. Then we are set with Yi at the 4 and Jordan at the 5. We aren't stuck paying Bogut after the season either.

I'd love to get another lottery pick this year. IMO we need to dump Redd though in order to go anywhere.
I like the Gallinari choice

Old 06-05-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Rumor out there that Golden State is very interested in Yi Jianlian and the Warriors are willing to move Brandan Wright. The rumored deal would swap the power forwards and the bucks would also receive the 14th pick. I like this idea.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Rumor out there that Golden State is very interested in Yi Jianlian and the Warriors are willing to move Brandan Wright. The rumored deal would swap the power forwards and the bucks would also receive the 14th pick. I like this idea.
I wanted to draft Wright last year, but with all the effort in signing Yi would it be worth trading him already? I like getting another pick but I'd much rather see Redd, Villy, or Mo traded before Yi at this point. Bogut is developing at the 5 and if Yi can develop more this year we'll be set at the 4.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I wanted to draft Wright last year, but with all the effort in signing Yi would it be worth trading him already? I like getting another pick but I'd much rather see Redd, Villy, or Mo traded before Yi at this point. Bogut is developing at the 5 and if Yi can develop more this year we'll be set at the 4.
Wright has a better chance of staying long term if he was to be a Buck where Yi has voiced his displeasure since Day One. I love yi, but I think moving him for Wright would probably be in the best interest of the long term success of the franchise. Plus the 14th pick can get us a very good player because this draft is deep.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Wright has a better chance of staying long term if he was to be a Buck where Yi has voiced his displeasure since Day One. I love yi, but I think moving him for Wright would probably be in the best interest of the long term success of the franchise. Plus the 14th pick can get us a very good player because this draft is deep.
Many believe it was his handlers which didn't want him to land in Milwaukee, not Yi himself. Yi has never said that he didn't want to play in Milwaukee.

The draft is hardly deep too and striking it big at #14 is far from a given. Just look at the past 14th overall picks:

Quote:
Eric Williams 1995 Boston Celtics
Predrag Stojakovic 1996 Sacramento Kings
Maurice Taylor 1997 Los Angeles Clippers
Troy Murphy 2001 Golden State Warriors
Fred Jones 2002 Indiana Pacers
Luke Ridnour 2003 Seattle SuperSonics
Kris Humphries 2004 Minnesota Utah Jazz
Rashad McCants 2005 Minnesota Timberwolves
Al Thornton 2006 Los Angeles Clippers
Yi showed flashes of potential and I think if we can get away from a Redd-focused team then others will start to flourish. Just look what happened when Redd doesn't play - we played more TEAM basketball.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't do that trade if there's truth to it. Wright should have been our pick in the first place.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Many believe it was his handlers which didn't want him to land in Milwaukee, not Yi himself. Yi has never said that he didn't want to play in Milwaukee.

The draft is hardly deep too and striking it big at #14 is far from a given. Just look at the past 14th overall picks:

Yi showed flashes of potential and I think if we can get away from a Redd-focused team then others will start to flourish. Just look what happened when Redd doesn't play - we played more TEAM basketball.
The draft is deep in comparison to the previous few classes....we have the capability of landing a player like JaVale McGee or Donte Greene at that pick and if those players would've stayed in school another year they'd be Top 10 picks next year.

I think Yi, although I agree alot of the problems came from his advisors, would prefer to play somewhere else where it would make him more marketable and a place that is more culturally diverse. Going to the Warriors would put him in a spot with a strong Chinese population and he could become more of a face in this league.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
The draft is deep in comparison to the previous few classes....we have the capability of landing a player like JaVale McGee or Donte Greene at that pick and if those players would've stayed in school another year they'd be Top 10 picks next year.

I think Yi, although I agree alot of the problems came from his advisors, would prefer to play somewhere else where it would make him more marketable and a place that is more culturally diverse. Going to the Warriors would put him in a spot with a strong Chinese population and he could become more of a face in this league.
Eh, its the same as the past few years IMO. Its got its top 2 and then after that its up to team needs basially. I'd actually prefer to move up and nab one of the top 2 players. Thats how Milwaukee can get a "face" in the NBA. Right now we have nobody. Redd is good but isn't a superstar while Yi has made the Bucks more internationally known. Who cares what Yi or his handlers want in reguards to marketing him, this is our team and we should want them to make a name instead of trading off a potential All Star and losing his marketing ability. You can become a star no matter where you play, you just need to play to the level of being a star player.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

The Finals got me thinking back to when we had Ray Allen and how badly George Karl ****** us over by forcing him out. Allen's my all time favorite NBA player and it still kills me how we shipped him to Seattle. 6 years after the trade he's still playing at a high level making the all star team each one of those years. That trade made no sense what so ever. Ray Allen for 30 games of Gary Payton and Desmond Mason, ugh.

I don't really have a point to this, just pisses me off still.