Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 06-07-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
The Finals got me thinking back to when we had Ray Allen and how badly George Karl ****** us over by forcing him out. Allen's my all time favorite NBA player and it still kills me how we shipped him to Seattle. 6 years after the trade he's still playing at a high level making the all star team each one of those years. That trade made no sense what so ever. Ray Allen for 30 games of Gary Payton and Desmond Mason, ugh.

I don't really have a point to this, just pisses me off still.
I still am as pissed at that move today as I was 6 years ago....feel your pain

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucks seem very interested in UCLA guard Russell Westbrook and West Virginia forward Joe Alexander

Old 06-20-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the worst teams in the NBA and 3 Bucks will be playing in the Olympics.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
One of the worst teams in the NBA and 3 Bucks will be playing in the Olympics.
yeah, i'm trying to look at it as a positive of the talent that is on our team and hope Skiles can turn that talent around in the W-L column
Old 06-20-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Bucks seem very interested in UCLA guard Russell Westbrook and West Virginia forward Joe Alexander
I'd hate to take Alexander. I'm not racist and I don't want to offend anybody, but if I were a GM picking in the lottery I wouldn't take a white player.

I'd love to trade Redd, Villy, Mo, and maybe even Bogut.
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampman for President View Post
I'd hate to take Alexander. I'm not racist and I don't want to offend anybody, but if I were a GM picking in the lottery I wouldn't take a white player.

I'd love to trade Redd, Villy, Mo, and maybe even Bogut.
You don't trade Bogut....it's hard to find stability at the 5 position in the NBA. I'd be willing to start over in the backcourt and if we go that direction then Russell Westbrook will be the pick. Charlie V has never really progressed like many were hopeful for from the former McDonald's All-American.

As far as selecting Alexander, what sets him and Westbrook apart from others being considered is their toughness. With Scott Skiles stepping in the team will be expected to take more of a tough, defensive minded philosophy and this team certainly lacks that. Mo Williams and Michael Redd are not considered tough by any stretch of the imagination and Simmons and Bogut are the only players who may see a considerable amount of playing time in the frontcourt who can be considered tough and relied upon defensively.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
You don't trade Bogut....it's hard to find stability at the 5 position in the NBA. I'd be willing to start over in the backcourt and if we go that direction then Russell Westbrook will be the pick. Charlie V has never really progressed like many were hopeful for from the former McDonald's All-American.

As far as selecting Alexander, what sets him and Westbrook apart from others being considered is their toughness. With Scott Skiles stepping in the team will be expected to take more of a tough, defensive minded philosophy and this team certainly lacks that. Mo Williams and Michael Redd are not considered tough by any stretch of the imagination and Simmons and Bogut are the only players who may see a considerable amount of playing time in the frontcourt who can be considered tough and relied upon defensively.
Exactally. Bogut isn't a big defensive presence in the paint. He blocked ALOT more shots this year, but he isn't that dominate low post player. This is his contract year so its like how much do you pay a guy like him?

I doubt that Westbrook even makes it out of the top 5 so we'd have to trade up to get him.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:15 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Exactally. Bogut isn't a big defensive presence in the paint. He blocked ALOT more shots this year, but he isn't that dominate low post player. This is his contract year so its like how much do you pay a guy like him?

I doubt that Westbrook even makes it out of the top 5 so we'd have to trade up to get him.
Westbrook not making it out of the Top 5? Rose and Beasley are the big two, minnesota will go mayo or gallinari, seattle goes bayless and memphis is going to go big with their of Gasol

Old 06-21-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Westbrook not making it out of the Top 5? Rose and Beasley are the big two, minnesota will go mayo or gallinari, seattle goes bayless and memphis is going to go big with their of Gasol
Uh no. Gallinari wants to play in a large market. He has already threatened to go back to Italy if he doesn't go to a team like the Knicks or Nets.

I'd suggest that you don't read the ESPN and SI mocks so much. They are never right.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Uh no. Gallinari wants to play in a large market. He has already threatened to go back to Italy if he doesn't go to a team like the Knicks or Nets.

I'd suggest that you don't read the ESPN and SI mocks so much. They are never right.
So Minnesota goes with Mayo and still Westbrook isn't in the top 5.....

Old 06-21-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
So Minnesota goes with Mayo and still Westbrook isn't in the top 5.....
He won't be a Buck unless we trade up, guaranteed.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
He won't be a Buck unless we trade up, guaranteed.
The Knicks are the only team ahead of us that would take him

Old 06-21-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
The Knicks are the only team ahead of us that would take him
Says who? Like I said, mocks are mocks.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Says who? Like I said, mocks are mocks.
You look at team needs and what is available and who fits the various systems.

1. Chicago Bulls : It's going to be either Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley. I think it'll be rose because Hinrich isn't a prototypical PG and Rose is a game changer from day one. Plus with Deng at the 3 and Tyrus Thomas/Drew Gooden at the 4 Beasley doesn't really fit.

2. Miami Heat : They need someone in the backcourt next to D Wade so they could go OJ Mayo, but with Marion only having one year remaining on his contract the Heat may look for a long term answer at their 3 position.

3. Minnesota Timberwolves : If Michael Beasley falls to 3 then it's a slam dunk it'll be him, but if not then look at OJ Mayo. The Wolves lack a go to scorer and Mayo can bring instant offense at the 1 or 2 with Randy Foye being his backcourt mate.

4. Seattle Sonics : Seattle has repeatedly drafted big men in the first round and have never solidified their point guard position. Luke Ridnour was suppose to be that guy, but he was a bust and was moved by the team quite some time ago. Jerryd Bayless is the second best true point guard in this draft and he can be a team's floor general right away and score at a more effective rate sooner in his career than Rose.

5. Memphis Grizzles : They drafted Mike Conley last year and even traded for Tavaris Crittenton so they are well off at the PG position. Mike Miller has been a stud for them at 2 position and even JCN was solid off the bench for them this past season. Rudy *** is a flat out stud and the future of this franchise at the 3. Hakim Warrick is a nice player at the 4 position and Darko Milicic, the 5, could even play the four position depending on where they decide to go in the draft. I think this pick comes down to UCLA PF Kevin Love or Stanford C Brook Lopez. When you move someone the caliber of a Pau Gasol then you have to eventually get someone to replace him.

6. New York Knicks : The Knicks could go in any direction with D'Antoni and his style in the Big Apple now. Russell Westbrook could be their option here and has the ability to play either the 1 or 2 in D'Antoni's system. Jamal Crawford has one spot in the backcourt locked up. Wilson Chandler was the choice last year for Thomas and whether he fits their long term plans has yet to be determined. The 3 spot could be addressed by the Knicks with someone like Joe Alexander or Anthony Randolph. David Lee is a nice young player and with the immovable contract of Zach Randolph the Knicks have really no choice but to go forward with those two at the 4. Eddy Curry is the five and he may fit D'Antoni's system, but if not then they could go with a Brook Lopez if they so desire. I believe this pick comes down to UCLA PG/SG Russell Westbrook, West Virginia SF Joe Alexander, LSU SF/PF Anthony Randolph, or Stanford C Brook Lopez.

7. Los Angeles Clippers : This pick comes down to the 2 or 3 position. Shaun Livingston just got cleared to resume basketball and with Brevin Knight there they will not address the PG position in the lottery. Chris Kaman is their big man and Elton Brand is their 4 at the moment and if he decides to move on then they move to last year's first rounder Al Thornton. Cuttino Mobley is the incumbent at the 2 position with little depth behind him. He has two years remaining on his deal and will probably move on after that. Insert Eric Gordon, a sharpshooter who can be a team's go to scorer within a few years. Corey Magette is the incumbent at the 3 position, and 2008 is the last season in which he is signed with the Clippers. I guarantee he wants a chance to win so the odds of resigning with the clippers are slim; he could very well be traded this offseason, and again little depth behind him. Joe Alexander becomes an option here too and maybe even Danilo Gallinari, but I think the Clippers will be looking for an indivudal who has the ability to put up points quickly. This pick comes down to two players : Indiana SG Eric Gordon or West Virginia SF Joe Alexander.

Next the Milwaukee Bucks....any questions?

Old 06-21-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
You look at team needs and what is available and who fits the various systems.

1. Chicago Bulls : It's going to be either Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley. I think it'll be rose because Hinrich isn't a prototypical PG and Rose is a game changer from day one. Plus with Deng at the 3 and Tyrus Thomas/Drew Gooden at the 4 Beasley doesn't really fit.

2. Miami Heat : They need someone in the backcourt next to D Wade so they could go OJ Mayo, but with Marion only having one year remaining on his contract the Heat may look for a long term answer at their 3 position.

3. Minnesota Timberwolves : If Michael Beasley falls to 3 then it's a slam dunk it'll be him, but if not then look at OJ Mayo. The Wolves lack a go to scorer and Mayo can bring instant offense at the 1 or 2 with Randy Foye being his backcourt mate.

4. Seattle Sonics : Seattle has repeatedly drafted big men in the first round and have never solidified their point guard position. Luke Ridnour was suppose to be that guy, but he was a bust and was moved by the team quite some time ago. Jerryd Bayless is the second best true point guard in this draft and he can be a team's floor general right away and score at a more effective rate sooner in his career than Rose.

5. Memphis Grizzles : They drafted Mike Conley last year and even traded for Tavaris Crittenton so they are well off at the PG position. Mike Miller has been a stud for them at 2 position and even JCN was solid off the bench for them this past season. Rudy *** is a flat out stud and the future of this franchise at the 3. Hakim Warrick is a nice player at the 4 position and Darko Milicic, the 5, could even play the four position depending on where they decide to go in the draft. I think this pick comes down to UCLA PF Kevin Love or Stanford C Brook Lopez. When you move someone the caliber of a Pau Gasol then you have to eventually get someone to replace him.

6. New York Knicks : The Knicks could go in any direction with D'Antoni and his style in the Big Apple now. Russell Westbrook could be their option here and has the ability to play either the 1 or 2 in D'Antoni's system. Jamal Crawford has one spot in the backcourt locked up. Wilson Chandler was the choice last year for Thomas and whether he fits their long term plans has yet to be determined. The 3 spot could be addressed by the Knicks with someone like Joe Alexander or Anthony Randolph. David Lee is a nice young player and with the immovable contract of Zach Randolph the Knicks have really no choice but to go forward with those two at the 4. Eddy Curry is the five and he may fit D'Antoni's system, but if not then they could go with a Brook Lopez if they so desire. I believe this pick comes down to UCLA PG/SG Russell Westbrook, West Virginia SF Joe Alexander, LSU SF/PF Anthony Randolph, or Stanford C Brook Lopez.

7. Los Angeles Clippers : This pick comes down to the 2 or 3 position. Shaun Livingston just got cleared to resume basketball and with Brevin Knight there they will not address the PG position in the lottery. Chris Kaman is their big man and Elton Brand is their 4 at the moment and if he decides to move on then they move to last year's first rounder Al Thornton. Cuttino Mobley is the incumbent at the 2 position with little depth behind him. He has two years remaining on his deal and will probably move on after that. Insert Eric Gordon, a sharpshooter who can be a team's go to scorer within a few years. Corey Magette is the incumbent at the 3 position, and 2008 is the last season in which he is signed with the Clippers. I guarantee he wants a chance to win so the odds of resigning with the clippers are slim; he could very well be traded this offseason, and again little depth behind him. Joe Alexander becomes an option here too and maybe even Danilo Gallinari, but I think the Clippers will be looking for an indivudal who has the ability to put up points quickly. This pick comes down to two players : Indiana SG Eric Gordon or West Virginia SF Joe Alexander.

Next the Milwaukee Bucks....any questions?
lol, teams generally draft on talent/potential in the lottery. Any more questions?
Old 06-22-2008, 08:16 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
lol, teams generally draft on talent/potential in the lottery. Any more questions?
There's a point where you draft for potential, but a team isn't going to draft a position where they already have a youngster in place and hinder his development

Old 06-22-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
There's a point where you draft for potential, but a team isn't going to draft a position where they already have a youngster in place and hinder his development
Happens all the time. Last year the Bucks took Yi after trading for CV the year before.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Happens all the time. Last year the Bucks took Yi after trading for CV the year before.
The Bucks were planning on Charlie playing the 4 and Yi playing the 3 when they drafted Yi last year so that's not a legit example

Old 06-22-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
The Bucks were planning on Charlie playing the 4 and Yi playing the 3 when they drafted Yi last year so that's not a legit example
So that's why Yi started at the 4 when he played up until he got injured?
Old 06-22-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
So that's why Yi started at the 4 when he played up until he got injured?
That was Harris and Krystkowiak's plan when Yi was drafted...obviously it didn't completely turn out that way, but there is a prime example of why those two no longer have jobs with this organization

Old 06-22-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
That was Harris and Krystkowiak's plan when Yi was drafted...obviously it didn't completely turn out that way, but there is a prime example of why those two no longer have jobs with this organization
Eh, I'm pretty certain it was Yi always going to be at the 4. That was the contraversy at the time of the draft because we already had CV and Yi didn't want to play in Milwaukee so many thought that we'd pass. Drafted Yi was to solidify our backcourt with Bogut.

Thats why many mocks project the Bucks taking a SF or G.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Either way I'm just hoping that the Bucks are major players come Thursday. We need to dismantle the waste and get down to our core future players. Redd needs to go no matter what IMO. The Bucks play more as a team when he was out of the lineup instead of forcing it to Redd when he's in the lineup.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Either way I'm just hoping that the Bucks are major players come Thursday. We need to dismantle the waste and get down to our core future players. Redd needs to go no matter what IMO. The Bucks play more as a team when he was out of the lineup instead of forcing it to Redd when he's in the lineup.
I would be for moving Redd as well....there's been talks of the Bucks trading up to 3 and using Charlie V as the piece to get up there

Old 06-22-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
I would be for moving Redd as well....there's been talks of the Bucks trading up to 3 and using Charlie V as the piece to get up there
I'd like that alot, especially if we could keep our #8 pick. I'd like to package Redd/Mo to the Heat for their #2 pick and take either Beasley or Rose. That way we'd have a new face for the future. If its Beasley we still have Sessions and Bell to run the point and if its Rose we have a team leader who can dish the ball and score.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting Beasley would be a dream. Rose would be awesome too. Just too good to happen to us IMO.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote