Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 07-14-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Great to have him still here

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ersan Ilyasova has reportedly agreed to a two-year, $5 million deal with Barcelona in Spain. Bucks GM Larry Harris confirmed Ilyasova was leaving the Bucks, but wasn't sure which European team he would join. "Ersan went to Europe,'' Harris said. "I wasn't told the team he was going to.'' The Bucks are still trying to re-sign Charlie Bell and Brian Skinner, have re-signed Mo Williams, are close to signing Desmond Mason and are still trying to get Yi Jianlian to visit Milwaukee. While Ilyasova had some nice potential, the loss shouldn't impact the Bucks too badly.
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Desmond Mason, who played two-plus seasons in Milwaukee before being traded to New Orleans two years ago, is close to signing a multi-year contract with the Bucks. The amount of the contract is unknown. Bucks general manager Larry Harris acknowledged his talks with Roger Montgomery, Mason's agent, were positive. "It sounds like a broken record, but I'm optimistic,'' Harris said in a telephone interview Sunday night. "We had some great discussions today.'' Mason had his best years in Milwaukee, and it's possible he could see a return to form with the Bucks. However, if Bobby Simmons comes back healthy this season, the two would likely split minutes at small forward.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarnett56 View Post
Desmond Mason, who played two-plus seasons in Milwaukee before being traded to New Orleans two years ago, is close to signing a multi-year contract with the Bucks. The amount of the contract is unknown. Bucks general manager Larry Harris acknowledged his talks with Roger Montgomery, Mason's agent, were positive. "It sounds like a broken record, but I'm optimistic,'' Harris said in a telephone interview Sunday night. "We had some great discussions today.'' Mason had his best years in Milwaukee, and it's possible he could see a return to form with the Bucks. However, if Bobby Simmons comes back healthy this season, the two would likely split minutes at small forward.
Desmond Mason is one of my favorite Bucks ever so it's great to see him coming back. As far as Ersan Ilysova, I would have like to see what type of player he would've developed into.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Desmond Mason is one of my favorite Bucks ever so it's great to see him coming back. As far as Ersan Ilysova, I would have like to see what type of player he would've developed into.
Ersan showed some potential last year but he wasn't very athletic. Thats what I always liked about Mason. If/when Mason/Yi sign we should be pretty deep everywhere except PG. Everything that I've read didn't point to many teams being interested in Charlie Bell so if he does re-sign I think we can possibly make some noise this year.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Ersan showed some potential last year but he wasn't very athletic. Thats what I always liked about Mason. If/when Mason/Yi sign we should be pretty deep everywhere except PG. Everything that I've read didn't point to many teams being interested in Charlie Bell so if he does re-sign I think we can possibly make some noise this year.
Ramon Sessions was drafted and I think he'll probably see some time at PG

Old 07-16-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Ramon Sessions was drafted and I think he'll probably see some time at PG
I don't see him playing that much though. I think he was more of an insurance policy if Mo did sign elsewhere. I'd say look out for David Noel more than anything.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I don't see him playing that much though. I think he was more of an insurance policy if Mo did sign elsewhere. I'd say look out for David Noel more than anything.
Noel won't get too much playing time if Yi, Villanueva, Simmons, and Mason are all on the roster

Old 07-16-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Noel won't get too much playing time if Yi, Villanueva, Simmons, and Mason are all on the roster
I think he will. His defense is better then those guys plus he really showed some offensive promise last season and in the summer league this year. Yi and Villy play power forward while Mason, Simmons, and Noel are small forwards but Mason also has the ability to pay some guard.

Simmons was most effective off the bench when won the most improved player award. If Bell doesn't re-sign Mason could see some time at guard. We might do like we did last year and have a big/small lineup on the court.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=26470 Mason seems pretty close. I'd love for him to come back to Milwaukee. He was decent and fun to watch, plus it helps the pain of the Magloire trade a bit.

I actually signed Desmond in the NBA Forum Mock. I didn't think he would really do it in real life too.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YAY. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2939260

Man, wtf? "Oh, no no, it's not about the chinese population.. we just think there are other teams he probably possibly will get more minutes on."

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
YAY. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2939260

Man, wtf? "Oh, no no, it's not about the chinese population.. we just think there are other teams he probably possibly will get more minutes on."
Yeah I read that on JSonline earlier. It makes no sense! We needed help at PF yet they are affraid he won't get and playing time to develop? Hello, we aren't going to sit the 6th overall pick!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'll be forced to trade him now. Sucks cause at 6, you had to take him. Talk about a trap. As a Magic fan, this makes me laugh. It's a similar situation to Fran Vazquez. LOL! ...at least you guys can trade him since he's worth something.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You'll be forced to trade him now. Sucks cause at 6, you had to take him. Talk about a trap. As a Magic fan, this makes me laugh. It's a similar situation to Fran Vazquez. LOL! ...at least you guys can trade him since he's worth something.
I hope Larry Harris sticks with his decission. Don't let Yi whine and ***** his way out of town, he knew what he was getting into before entering the draft now deal with it. They're just making up reasons now. He'd see plenty of playing time, and Milwaukee should be a good team. Had we not had all the injuries we probably would have made the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I highly doubt that we trade him. For one, we don't need anyone in return. Our roster is pretty much set now that Mo Williams re-signed. Larry harris will play hardball and yet again call their bluff. Its alot different that Fran Vazquz because China wants him in the US. They, along with Nike, want to market him in time for the Olympics which are in China. We still hold all the cards so if he goes back to China, oh well, we are out of the #6 pick. We don't have to pay him so I don't view it as a huge loss - just that of a high draft pick - which we didn't neccessarly need.

Yi himself still hasn't said what he wants. Its not him making the decisions.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we piss off that "Chinese Club" as much as possible by not trading Yi

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I hope we piss off that "Chinese Club" as much as possible by not trading Yi
Exactally. At this point I could care less about possibly losing the 6th overall pick. Stick to them and force their hand. Either play in Milwaukee or catch the red eye back to China.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's stupid. No other player could do this without ridicule so why should he get an exemption because he is from China? When he entered the draft he knew that he could get picked by any team so if he didn't like that concept then he shouldn't have entered.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I think it's stupid. No other player could do this without ridicule so why should he get an exemption because he is from China? When he entered the draft he knew that he could get picked by any team so if he didn't like that concept then he shouldn't have entered.
It has nothing to do with him being Chinese, all kinds of players from all kinds of places do this (see Steve Francis) Also saying losing the 6th overall pick is not a big deal is ridiculous, losing a pick anywhere in the lottery is a big deal. The Bucks are not a team thats going to do anything next year with or without Yi, but not having him would highly jeopardize their future and potential as a team.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
It has nothing to do with him being Chinese, all kinds of players from all kinds of places do this (see Steve Francis) Also saying losing the 6th overall pick is not a big deal is ridiculous, losing a pick anywhere in the lottery is a big deal. The Bucks are not a team thats going to do anything next year with or without Yi, but not having him would highly jeopardize their future and potential as a team.
Actually its not a big deal. How many lottery picks actually live up to their promise? How many 1st round picks live up to their promise?

The Bucks are acutally a pretty good team but we were riddled with injuries last season which is why we were in the lottery. Now we have guys such as Redd, Williams, Villanueva, Simmons, and Bogut healthy again. Its funny because thats our starting lineup.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

So do we not have Patterson anymore?
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Chinese media reports quoted a Guangdong Tigers' official refuting Tuesday's story that Yi Jianlian would never play for the Bucks. Guangdong vice chairman Liu Hong Xinjiang said Tuesday night that Yi could eventually wear a Bucks' uniform. Confusion continues to surround Yi and the Bucks are probably wishing they would have just taken another player at this point. Tigers chief Chen Haitao was quoted earlier in Tuesday's Beijing News as saying Yi would "definitely not" play for the Bucks next season, but Xiajiang said that story was untrue.
Just goes to show you that the media is blowing every little thing out of proportain...
Old 07-18-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbooshey View Post
So do we not have Patterson anymore?
He is a free agent. I highlt doubt that we'll re-sign him now that we re-signed Mo Williams and are close to signing Desmond Mason. Patterson and Mason play the same small forward position. I'm sure going to miss him though. Through all these injuries he made it at least feasible to watch the Bucks play. He put up alot of career numbers and his defense will be missed.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a shame really, the Chinese want nothing more than to develop their players and boost their reputation on the world basketball scene, especially in the US. Unfortunately with the approach they've taken with Yi, they're creating a backlash against China and taking a huge hit. If Yi is the caliber of player people think he is, then it shouldn't matter what market he's in because he'll get the recognition. Look at Lebron who plays in Cleveland and is one of the biggest superstars in the NBA. If the play is there, the marketing opportunities will follow. This whole situation is really starting to piss me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually its not a big deal. How many lottery picks actually live up to their promise? How many 1st round picks live up to their promise?

The Bucks are acutally a pretty good team but we were riddled with injuries last season which is why we were in the lottery. Now we have guys such as Redd, Williams, Villanueva, Simmons, and Bogut healthy again. Its funny because thats our starting lineup.
Even with that line up, its not like your going to make any noise in the playoffs this year, or even make the playoffs this year for that matter. If most first round picks dont live up to their potential than where do the good NBA players come from? Surely all of them werent undrafted or drafted in the 2nd round. Just face it, if Yi doesnt make it into a bucks uniform your front office failed and your franchise will suffer because of it.