Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 07-18-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Even with that line up, its not like your going to make any noise in the playoffs this year, or even make the playoffs this year for that matter. If most first round picks dont live up to their potential than where do the good NBA players come from? Surely all of them werent undrafted or drafted in the 2nd round. Just face it, if Yi doesnt make it into a bucks uniform your front office failed and your franchise will suffer because of it.
I like how you state your opinion as if it's a fact. The Bucks may not be an elite team, but there's no reason they shouldn't be able to make a push at the playoffs with that roster (if they stay healthy), especially in the weaker Eastern conference.

As for Yi, he doesn't really have a choice in the matter. He either plays for the Bucks next year, doesn't play for anyone next year and then hopes he fairs better in the draft after a year off , or he plays in China for the rest of his life while the Bucks continue to own his rights. If China's main concern is playing time and prepping for the olympics he certainly won't be taking a year off. If he wishes to ever play in the NBA, he goes through the Bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
I like how you state your opinion as if it's a fact. The Bucks may not be an elite team, but there's no reason they shouldn't be able to make a push at the playoffs with that roster (if they stay healthy), especially in the weaker Eastern conference.

As for Yi, he doesn't really have a choice in the matter. He either plays for the Bucks next year, doesn't play for anyone next year and then hopes he fairs better in the draft after a year off , or he plays in China for the rest of his life while the Bucks continue to own his rights. If China's main concern is playing time and prepping for the olympics he certainly won't be taking a year off. If he wishes to ever play in the NBA, he goes through the Bucks.
Actually he can't even do that. The Bucks own his rights if he comes to the NBA.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Actually he can't even do that. The Bucks own his rights if he comes to the NBA.
I know the NBA can't do it, but they should ban his a$$ if he denies coming to Milwaukee.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is an internet forum, which consists of mostly opinions. So what, I recite my opinion in a different manner than the rest of you, isnt that what seperates us all as posters and makes for a more interesting read. Perhaps if i was in here riding your teams nuts you wouldnt have a problem with what I am saying. Its called constructive criticism brah.

Your teams not an elite team in the eastern conference that is a fact. At best youd be maybe an 8th seed and youd be sent packing in the first round. I really dont see which of last years playoff teams Mil would knock off. A bunch of eastern conference teams upgraded this year ( NY, ORL, CHA, etc) and you guys havent upgraded at all especially if Yi is not playing. Just face it guy. Sure anythings possible, hell the bucks could theoretically win the championship (crazier things have happened) But its HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely. They choose to take the risk on Yi and so far it seems like its biting them in the ass, IMO they should have went with Brewer who is more a sure thing.

Last edited by ccB : 07-18-2007 at 09:33 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody needs to send a kid from Disney Channel to show Yi and his agents what it means to play for fun, or some happy theme like that...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see why Yi is bummed about playing in Millwaukee with the language barrier and all, but that should just make him strive harder to learn english.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Even with that line up, its not like your going to make any noise in the playoffs this year, or even make the playoffs this year for that matter. If most first round picks dont live up to their potential than where do the good NBA players come from? Surely all of them werent undrafted or drafted in the 2nd round. Just face it, if Yi doesnt make it into a bucks uniform your front office failed and your franchise will suffer because of it.
How do you know? Nobody has seen how ALL these guys perform together since they all suffered injuries throughout the season. Bobby Simmons even missed the entire season. Its the Eastern Conference so anything can happen and its a bit foolish to count anybody out at this point. Look around, the NBA isn't made up of just 1st round picks. Its pretty much 50/50 of 1st round picks vs 2nd rounder picks and undrafted's. How many lottery picks each year live up to their billing?

Yi will be a Buck, guaranteed.
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarnett56 View Post
How do you know? Nobody has seen how ALL these guys perform together since they all suffered injuries throughout the season. Bobby Simmons even missed the entire season. Its the Eastern Conference so anything can happen and its a bit foolish to count anybody out at this point. Look around, the NBA isn't made up of just 1st round picks. Its pretty much 50/50 of 1st round picks vs 2nd rounder picks and undrafted's. How many lottery picks each year live up to their billing?

Yi will be a Buck, guaranteed.
Look up about 2 posts, I said anythings possible but highly unlikely. You have made no improvement from last year other than players returning from injury. A lot of Eastern conference teams made great improvements. Im sorry I dont feel your beloved Bucks will do anything next year, I really hope I am wrong for the sake of your feelings little guy. If I was ranking the eastern conference teams Id rank the Bucks in the slightly higher than a team like the Hawks and around the same place as a team like the Bobcats. Theres a lot of promise and potential there but not enough to do anything next year.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Look up about 2 posts, I said anythings possible but highly unlikely. You have made no improvement from last year other than players returning from injury. A lot of Eastern conference teams made great improvements. Im sorry I dont feel your beloved Bucks will do anything next year, I really hope I am wrong for the sake of your feelings little guy. If I was ranking the eastern conference teams Id rank the Bucks in the slightly higher than a team like the Hawks and around the same place as a team like the Bobcats. Theres a lot of promise and potential there but not enough to do anything next year.
I CANNOT POST IN A INTELLIGENT MANNER THEREFOR A MODERATOR HAD TO DELETE MY POST THANK YOU!

Last edited by ccB : 07-19-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Your simply making as assumption. The Bucks were billed as contenders last season when they traded for Villanueva. Injuries hit the team yet they finished with I believe the best record in the NBA in the month of December. I could care less where YOU rank them. You don't watch the Bucks, therefore I could give a **** what you think.

Little guy? Grow up. Funny how a moderator becomes a troll on these boards.
How is stating my opinion being a troll? A troll is someone who posts just to get a reaction, I am posting to share my opinion with the world. There is no rule that says you have to agree with every thread created, what kind of sense would that make?

Also making the assumption that I dont watch the Bucks is silly, I am a subscriber to NBA league pass and during the basketball season I make it a point to watch games from ALL teams.

Also the Bucks were billed as contenders for what exactly? I never heard anyone billing the Bucks as contenders last year. The funny thing is I actually like the Bucks alot. I am a big Mo Williams and Charlie V fan. I was one of the only people who thought the Ford for CV thread was a good deal because I knew what Mo had in store with the league (BABY JKIDD WITH THE TRIPPLE DOUBLES!)

Last edited by ccB : 07-19-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
How is stating my opinion being a troll? A troll is someone who posts just to get a reaction, I am posting to share my opinion with the world. There is no rule that says you have to agree with every thread created, what kind of sense would that make?

Also making the assumption that I dont watch the Bucks is silly, I am a subscriber to NBA league pass and during the basketball season I make it a point to watch games from ALL teams.
As we are stating our opinions, yet you have to always come back saying we are wrong. Yet we are the ones following the team and watch the games. I highly doubt you watch all the games either. Unless you have absolutely no life, troll.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
As we are stating our opinions, yet you have to always come back saying we are wrong. Yet we are the ones following the team and watch the games. I highly doubt you watch all the games either. Unless you have absolutely no life, troll.
I didnt say I watched every game, watched enough to know what kind of teams the Bucks were. After they became depleted by injuries who would want to watch every game. Also whats the difference between you guys saying my opinions wrong and me saying your opinions wrong? So does that make you a troll for trying to incite a reaction from me? Its not like I came in here trashing anyone or your team. I came in to debate with you guys about your opinions. I didnt know this was "agree with what everyone says Countdown"

Last edited by ccB : 07-19-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I'd like to clear up my stance on the Bucks for all of you wonderful people.

In no way do I think the Bucks are a horrible team, they have wonderful potential and a good core group of players. I just think they have had a sub par offseason and you guys are getting over your heads a bit with your expectations for next year. Sometimes it takes an unbias viewpoint to bring fans down to earth. I didnt post in this thread to incite a flame war. I like posting in all the basketball threads because it is my favorite sport( well second favorite after MMA) I think it is very possible for a team like the Bucks to make the playoffs next year and surprise people (see Toronto Raptors ) but IMO not a fact, the Bucks will not be a playoff team next year. I could be completely wrong, it happens from time to time :)

In order for the Bucks to make it to that next level Bogut and Villanueva are going to have to get tougher inside. They are soft right now but I credit that to age. I never viewed CV as a true PF he just doesnt have that type of game but his lack of foot speed makes it difficult to play him at the 3 which IMO is where his skill set best translates. This team has all the potential in the world, I just feel at the moment the selection of Yi was a mistake. Why would anyone want a player who doesnt want to be there? It just doesnt make sense. If Yi does play it seems like its more of a 3 year rental and than he will book via FA when hopefully he has reached his potential. I think Corey Brewer would have been a great pick for the bucks, he could be an instant starter and SF and add some toughness and great defensive play to the team.

Last edited by ccB : 07-19-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I could swear I saw somewhere that if he doesn't play for anybody at all next year then he will be eligible to enter the draft again. I could be wrong about that though, and I actually hope I am because that would put the leverage even more in the Bucks hands.

Quote:
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I could swear I saw somewhere that if he doesn't play for anybody at all next year then he will be eligible to enter the draft again. I could be wrong about that though, and I actually hope I am because that would put the leverage even more in the Bucks hands.
I think you are wrong, otherwise Franz Vasquez would have entered this draft. The best he can do is play in Europe somewhere or back in Asia.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Illyasova to play for Barcelona. http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=26667

We do retain his NBA rights for when/if he comes back. I'm almost positive we have Yi's NBA rights aswell, no matter when he decides to come.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CCB, it is not Yi who doesn't want to be here; it is his representation and country. He just wants to play basketball in the NBA, and there are people who follow him that will not allow that to be in Milwaukee.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Desmond Mason will have his press conference tomorrow to be introduced as the newest member of the Milwaukee Bucks.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Desmond Mason will have his press conference tomorrow to be introduced as the newest member of the Milwaukee Bucks.
Nice
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=26765

Last edited by GB12 : 07-22-2007 at 09:45 PM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
mil_brew_fan
Rookie

mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.

The Bucks should bring back Damon Jones just to throw the ball up to D-Mas on fast breaks.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_brew_fan View Post
The Bucks should bring back Damon Jones just to throw the ball up to D-Mas on fast breaks.
We have Mo to do that. They were only together for a short time, but they had a great connection.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
mil_brew_fan
Rookie

mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.

The Bucks are pretty close to brining Charlie Bell back... If they can sign him, they'll be such a deep team, with or without Yi
Old 08-24-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Michael Redd is playing very well with USA National Team. He had 17 points in game 1 and 22 points in Game 2.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Well Yi is finally signed, yay.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2995836

Quote:
Old 08-29-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Props to Larry Harris on sticking with his firm stance and it paid off