Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 01-04-2013, 05:47 AM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 NFL Mock Draft Round One

Second round done but awaiting some editing too. Some shock picks and reaches but hopefully some of the positional needs are pretty good. Have a look and complain away!

http://v2journal.com/2013-mock-draft-round-1.html
ninerfan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Minijosh
Rookie

Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well done, I enjoyed reading it. Most picks were different from what we have been seeing in most mocks, which was refreshing. There were a few picks that I disagreed with the team/player fit, but that's typical. I also was surprised by the amount of WR's you had in the 1st rd. I look forward to rd 2!
Minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen works for me!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minijosh View Post
Well done, I enjoyed reading it. Most picks were different from what we have been seeing in most mocks, which was refreshing. There were a few picks that I disagreed with the team/player fit, but that's typical. I also was surprised by the amount of WR's you had in the 1st rd. I look forward to rd 2!
thanks! I did go pretty top heavy on receivers and cornerbacks now that I think about it. I'll try to get round 2 up asap but its not my site so have to wait until someone else publishes it
Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Allen works for me!
Glad you think so, I think an up and coming team like the Phins should see this as a better option than adding a big name wr in free agency.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thank you for listening me. lol. Anyways, Mike Glennon going to Jets is unpopular. Alone first round pick itself is probably a bad pick but Jets will need a good entire draft to weigh in the balance.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like Ansah to the Pats. Having a three man rotation of Jones Ansah and Nink will be awesome for years. Or push Nink to OLB.

If he declares, I could see Hopkins where you have them mocked.

I don't think Te'o will fall that far ever. MLB is a devalued position, so they fall. Yet in the middle of the draft, they become BPA to such a large extent that someone will pull the trigger. With more high end talent, Keuchly went nine.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Dion pick.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You might as well gave us Jonathan Banks at #4 to Philly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad for Baltimore. Jones isn't worth a first round pick and they just took Gradkowski to take over for Birk.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Bad for Baltimore. Jones isn't worth a first round pick and they just took Gradkowski to take over for Birk.
I'd feel very confident that Jones will be a first rounder. I said in my description of the pick that he can play across the entire line and that is value at its best. Really don't see a leader of a championship team who is that versatile and smart falling out of the first.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Quip View Post
Like Ansah to the Pats. Having a three man rotation of Jones Ansah and Nink will be awesome for years. Or push Nink to OLB.

If he declares, I could see Hopkins where you have them mocked.

I don't think Te'o will fall that far ever. MLB is a devalued position, so they fall. Yet in the middle of the draft, they become BPA to such a large extent that someone will pull the trigger. With more high end talent, Keuchly went nine.
I sort of agree but just feel that Te'o is so hyped its unreal. He lacks the speed to be a truly elite guy in the NFL. I see guys like Wagner, Bowman and Washington taken on day 2 in recent years and feel there is better value later
Old 01-04-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
thank you for listening me. lol. Anyways, Mike Glennon going to Jets is unpopular. Alone first round pick itself is probably a bad pick but Jets will need a good entire draft to weigh in the balance.
I like Glennon, not quite as much as Kiper haha but he is the best pure passer in the draft
Old 01-04-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised to see so many CBs and WRs where they are, surprised to see pass rushers last as long as they did, and surprised to see two interior linemen go in the first and NEITHER are named Chance Warmack.

I don't hate the Rhodes pick for the Colts. Rhodes and Vontae Davis playing together would be fun to watch. But I think they would take a pass rusher (Ansah, Montgomery, or Okafor) or Warmack before they went CB.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mathews isn't declaring. And there is no chance ever the Bears pass on Te'o.
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good pick for the Panthers, but...

I doubt Star falls that far. He's viewed as one of the few elite prospects in this draft.

Barkley in the top ten, second quarterback taken? I know its a weak class, but I have a hard time believing that will happen. There are already the physical concerns, but when you add the bad senior year, it simply doesn't add up into top ten overall.

Chance Warmack not in the first at all, but Cooper and Jones are? Can't see this ever happening.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I'm surprised to see so many CBs and WRs where they are, surprised to see pass rushers last as long as they did, and surprised to see two interior linemen go in the first and NEITHER are named Chance Warmack.

I don't hate the Rhodes pick for the Colts. Rhodes and Vontae Davis playing together would be fun to watch. But I think they would take a pass rusher (Ansah, Montgomery, or Okafor) or Warmack before they went CB.
The Warmack miss was my fault. I prefer Cooper and was going to give Warmack to the Colts or Packers. But for some reason thought I'd already gave him away

Last edited by ninerfan35 : 01-04-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsVet23 View Post
Mathews isn't declaring. And there is no chance ever the Bears pass on Te'o.
I made the draft a week ago before he made his decision. Could just replace him with a guy like Eric Fisher I guess.

I think the Bears would have to pass on Te'o if a good o-line prospect is there, I've not seen a worse line in a long time
Old 01-04-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Good pick for the Panthers, but...

I doubt Star falls that far. He's viewed as one of the few elite prospects in this draft.

Barkley in the top ten, second quarterback taken? I know its a weak class, but I have a hard time believing that will happen. There are already the physical concerns, but when you add the bad senior year, it simply doesn't add up into top ten overall.

Chance Warmack not in the first at all, but Cooper and Jones are? Can't see this ever happening.
Explained my mistake on Warmack above. Star probably won't fall that far but he is a lazy player and I don't like taking guys who take plays off quite that high. His stats should be so much better too considering his talent and his supposed pass rush ability doesn't show up on tape too much.

Barkley I'm not a fan of but I'm pretty sure he will be taken in the first round. Possible Wilson or Glennon could be taken over Barkley. I don't think the careers of Gabbert, Locker or Ponder added up to number 3, 8 and 12 overall but some teams just have a dire need for 'that guy'
Old 01-04-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan35 View Post
I'd feel very confident that Jones will be a first rounder. I said in my description of the pick that he can play across the entire line and that is value at its best. Really don't see a leader of a championship team who is that versatile and smart falling out of the first.
Jones can play every position on the line but he doesn't play any of those positions at a first round level. I think he's a solid second round pick. Regardless I doubt the Ravens go with an OL in the first couple of rounds unless they make some big changes (like moving Oher back to RT and Osemele to LG which leaves LT as a huge need).
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate the pick for the Jets. We may need a QB but not Glennon. I can live with Tyler Wilson if we say traded down a little. Glennon does not impress me, he has the size but not the consistency or best reads/decision making.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Literally ZERO chance the Giants would pass on Te'o. Terrible Giants pick

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Literally ZERO chance the Giants would pass on Te'o. Terrible Giants pick
Thats your opinion because you must like Te'o. Cooper can be one of the better guards in the league and Te'o won't be amongst the best lb's. Look at the way he plays and his measurables and then consider whether or not he will have similar success in the NFL. A guard like Cooper helps immediately, its been shown in recent years that good lb's can be found later. But if you want to take a hyped up lb with lacking speed and nfl coverage skills, it would be an option. But with guys like Ogletree, Skov, Minter etc still on the board you could do better. Getting a guard with the best pp bskills I've seen in ages then taking a Minter/Thomas/Skov/Reddick later presents much more value. Te'o is solid but has very limited upside
Old 01-04-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan35 View Post
The Warmack miss was my fault. I prefer Cooper and was going to give Warmack to the Colts or Packers. But for some reason thought I'd already gave him away
Gotcha. The Colts would take Warmack in a heartbeat, we need the interior OL help badly.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Gotcha. The Colts would take Warmack in a heartbeat, we need the interior OL help badly.
true but there are some pretty good players like Long, Warford and Alvin Bailey who could help out inside in the later rounds if Warmack is gone