Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 NFL Mock Draft Round Two

Here is the follow up to my first round. No pictures this time because it takes ages and wanted to get it out asap. The link is there to my first round too. Sorry if any players are returning for senior years etc but everything checked out over a week ago when I wrote it. Here it is, what you think?

http://www.v2journal.com/5/post/2013...round-two.html
ninerfan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even as a Michigan State fan I can't get behind the Johnny Adams pick for Baltimore. It's not really a need and he definitely isn't a BPA type of pick. I'm not a big fan of Okafor but he would probably be the best pick in that scenario.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll comment on your 1st round here since I didn't see the link in the other thread.

I don't like your Raiders pick of Milliner at all.
Premise 1) Raiders have absolutely nothing at cornerback. This is true
Premise 2) Dee Milliner is a fantastic prospect at CB. This is true.
Solution) Draft a CB at #3 overall. No thank you.

The Raiders are suffering from a dearth of talent all over their team on defense. It's likely both Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly will be out of Oakland when the team sets up training camp. They don't have a single impact pass rusher at DE either. They have absolutely nothing at MLB with Rolando McClain likely to be cut or traded. And Reggie McKenzie comes from the Ron Wolf tree that seems to build teams from the trenches out. I could see Star Lotulelei here or Jarvis Jones/Bjoern Werner.

I don't think Milliner is the solution to the Raiders problems.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Even as a Michigan State fan I can't get behind the Johnny Adams pick for Baltimore. It's not really a need and he definitely isn't a BPA type of pick. I'm not a big fan of Okafor but he would probably be the best pick in that scenario.
Since you are a fan you probably know more about him than me, but do you not think he looked very good in his junior year? I'd say it is a need for Baltimore, I'm watching their playoff game right now and you can see they don't have a solid number 3 corner
Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I'll comment on your 1st round here since I didn't see the link in the other thread.

I don't like your Raiders pick of Milliner at all.
Premise 1) Raiders have absolutely nothing at cornerback. This is true
Premise 2) Dee Milliner is a fantastic prospect at CB. This is true.
Solution) Draft a CB at #3 overall. No thank you.

The Raiders are suffering from a dearth of talent all over their team on defense. It's likely both Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly will be out of Oakland when the team sets up training camp. They don't have a single impact pass rusher at DE either. They have absolutely nothing at MLB with Rolando McClain likely to be cut or traded. And Reggie McKenzie comes from the Ron Wolf tree that seems to build teams from the trenches out. I could see Star Lotulelei here or Jarvis Jones/Bjoern Werner.

I don't think Milliner is the solution to the Raiders problems.
you may be right but I went a different direction because oakland always seem to do something 'special' on draft day. I know front seven prospects are more highly coveted but I can't help but think Oakland will do something unexpected, hence my pick of Milliner. I know you are using logic in thinking the Milliner pick won't happen, but when have they ever used logic in the draft. If I mocked them Heyward Bey or predicted they'd throw away picks for Palmer a year ago, people wouldn't have thought it possible either. Star and Werner are overrated imo and I can see a mini slide for Jones because of health issues, not quite Bowers level but still significant
Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan35 View Post
you may be right but I went a different direction because oakland always seem to do something 'special' on draft day. I know front seven prospects are more highly coveted but I can't help but think Oakland will do something unexpected, hence my pick of Milliner. I know you are using logic in thinking the Milliner pick won't happen, but when have they ever used logic in the draft. If I mocked them Heyward Bey or predicted they'd throw away picks for Palmer a year ago, people wouldn't have thought it possible either. Star and Werner are overrated imo and I can see a mini slide for Jones because of health issues, not quite Bowers level but still significant
All of that history was under the reign of Al Davis. I get that the Raiders have been very unconventional in years past, but we are talking about a new Raiders now.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

Quote:
All of that history was under the reign of Al Davis. I get that the Raiders have been very unconventional in years past, but we are talking about a new Raiders now.
I dunno, I don't think the Raiders will ever be vanilla
Old 01-06-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I dunno, I don't think the Raiders will ever be vanilla
Sure, you can be absolutely blind to the facts. That's your constitutional right. It just makes you look stupid.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since you are a fan you probably know more about him than me, but do you not think he looked very good in his junior year? I'd say it is a need for Baltimore, I'm watching their playoff game right now and you can see they don't have a solid number 3 corner
Webb will be back next season and hopefully Smith will be healthy. Asa Jackson is also out because of a suspension. If you're just basing it off of this game and the past few you could say CB is a need but the unit isn't anywhere near full strength. As for Adams as a prospect he did look good last year but I never thought he was a top 3 round guy. His size is going to be something that goes against him too.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

Quote:
Sure, you can be absolutely blind to the facts. That's your constitutional right. It just makes you look stupid.
I'm Scottish mate, so really don't have any rights detailed to me via an outdated document. Besides not sure how making a little remark about how the Raiders are always interesting make me look stupid. Do you know in advance that the new Raiders FO is going to be so different come draft night?
Old 01-06-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan is not a bad pick at all. I like Jordan a lot. But Barkevious Mingo intrigues me. He is a guy who might be able to play the role that Bruce Irvin with the Seahawks or Von Miller with the Broncos play for their respective teams.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote