Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What do you expect from the NFC East Quarterbacks???

Just wondering what you guys expect from Mcnabb, Romo, Manning and Campbell next year? All of them have some question marks imo

Mcnabb- He's coming back from a major injury and seems like he cant complete a year without some kind of an injury. He lost Stallworth, but got Kevin Curtis at WR. I think he will do well, but an injury or 3 wouldnt surprise me at all....

Romo- I think he is gonna have some struggles there. I think he will be allrite, but struggle like he did late in the season last year after "romo-mania" wore off

Manning- Eli is gonna have a break out season. Gonna continue to throw a lot of TD's and hopefully will up his comp % and shave off a couple of INTs. Something about the guy and his knack for the big moment have me very hopeful that he's gonna break out.

Campbell- I just dont know about this guy. He showed some flashes, but on the other hand he simply didnt win games.... He was 2-6 as a starter I believe, on what should have been a decent team. I think he will be an okay starter this year, and may develop into something more then that.

But thats just my opinion, and I am pretty biased, so I am wondering what you think about each QB?

Last edited by GiantRutgersFan : 04-02-2007 at 11:01 AM.
GiantRutgersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

So you think they will all struggle besides Eli I find that shocking.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see McNabb strugglinng, he might finally feel the effects of injury.
Romo may have a sophmore slump
Campell should do better though, he has a better offense than Dallas and it should show. I think Eli's gonna have a lot of yds and tds but also alot of ints

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mcnabb is as good as Peyton, he just has **** for WRs and gets hurt every year.

Romo will be inconsitently average.

Manning will continue to be inconsistent and overrated by most of the football world, lots of ints and poor completion % but still have a good amount of TDs and yards.

Campell will suck, the Redskins will have a ****** year and the Redskins will be taking a QB high next year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

McNabb will have a good year if the playcalling is the same as it was with Jeff Garcia. You just can't expect your QB to be pass as much as McNabb did last year and be successful the entire season.

Romo - A flash in the pan who will win some games with his legs more than his arm.

Eli - Same old Eli. Starts strong. Finishes weak. Will continue to overthrow receivers and struggle to complete more than 55% of his passes. His fangirls will continue to blame everyone else on the team for his struggles. OL will affect his performance as well as the running game.

Campbell - Will continue to improve. Solid, not a superstar.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb - Just like every season. Will be a top 5 QB when on the field. The team's fortune rides on his health.

Manning - I think he might actually decline this year. The Giants running game is a big mystery right now, but it's a safe bet to say it won't be as good as it was with Tiki. That puts more pressure on Eli.

Campbell - Low expectations mean he can't really dissapoint anyone.

Romo - I'll be as neutral as I can. Everything depends on his attitude. If he's serious about proving people wrong and making up for the botched snap, then the NFC East had better watch out. If it instead crippled him and made him paranoid about screwing up, then we're doomed.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mcnabb-Will put up good numbers when healthy but I think he will battle injuries once again this year. If healthy is a top 4 QB

Romo-Will have decent year but the NFL has alot of tape on this guy and more teams will have his number this year

Manning-Not a big fan of this guy....is often worse against the blitz than his brother and that is saying something. Will have another solid year and may make the pro bowl in the QB weak NFC but he lacks the intangibles such as leadership and personality that help a QB lead his team to a championship. If I was in a fox hole this would be the last guy I would want leading me he might throw grenades off his back foot for Christ sake.

Campbell- If Portis and Betts have good years then Campbell will be remarkably solid

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb- If he stays healthy he will be a top 5 QB again. The only question is his health.

Eli- Going to be a huge year for him without Tiki. Doesn't have a legit LT. How Eli does is going to depend on how the LT plays and how the combo of Jacobs and Droughns does. I really think Eli is going to take a big step forward this year. He might not put up the TD numbers, but I expect his INTs to drop and his decision making to improve.

Campbell- I think he can have a very good year. A lot of weapons around him, very good OL in front of him. Very good tools (of his own) and a lot of potential. I think he can be the 2nd best QB in the division next year.

Romo- And this ends the positivity of this post. Romo will have a good year but will fall short of a lot of expectations. I'm expecting December Romo, not November Romo.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

McNabb-always has been questioned in the offseason and always has shown he can take care of business on the field. Plus he has the drive to show philadelphia he is a better option for them than jeff garcia was. He will have another typical mcnabb season (assuming he stays healthy)

Romo-He will play a lot like he did towards the end of the year. Flashes of brilliance mixed with a lot of incosistency. Perhaps people were too quick to consider him a great (Pro-Bowl) QB, but he won't be bad. I'd imagine an above avergae season from him, but not as strong as he played in his first few games of the year last year.

Campbell-I don't know too much about Campbell so I would be speaking a lot out of my ass if i pretended i did. From what I can remember he had his good days and bad days, and wouldn't be suprised to see a bunch of big plays out of him this year, marked with just as many bad ones.

Eli- Will continue to be an incosistent quarterback. Loses the screen game with Tiki being gone, which was a big part of his minor rebound towards the end of the year. Will put up big yards with a low completion percentage, low twenty tds, and 16-18 INT. Will still have a hard time making plays with the game on the line.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb-As long as he doesn't have to throw 90% of the plays like he did last year(that is an exaggeration for all you slow people out there. I know he didn't actually throw that much, it just seemed like it.) he will be back to his top 5-7 QBs in the league.

Manning-I've never really liked him. He will make some great plays and some terrible plays. He will be about the same as last year.

Campbell-The worst of the 4.

Romo- I hate that he is on the Cowboys. I hate the Cowboys, but I really like Romo. He will make up for that botched snap. I think he will have a sophomore slump, however, but I think he will be a top 5 QB in this league in a few years. He reminds me of Favre in the fact that he just seems to have IT.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
DJM187
Rookie

DJM187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

McNabb- I think the offence will decide to run the ball alot more to protect Mcnabb, also he'll throw the ball away or dump it off more offten instead of running around to try to create something... I see a injury free and a soild Mcnabb like year for him...

Romo- He basically proved that his the real deal last year... I think the only reason he struggled towards the end was his lack of experience and he also got alittle too big headed... I think he learned from that and should be alot more consistence this year... I see another ProBowl for him and he'll be going with TO this year...

Manning- I think his biggest weakness is leadership and confidence... As the strating QB he should be the one that leads this offence and build confidence to the players... From what I seen, it looks like Shocky doing all the leading
and his teammates are the one's trying to pump Manning up and build confidence in him.. I just feel Manning doesn't have what it takes mentally to play in the NFL... I see Manning being a Giant for his final year...

Cambell- Judging from just a few games I saw him play, i think he has a big upside... He seem to read covage well and throws a nice accurate pass for receivers to catch.. I see him doing just enough to keep his starting job for the whole year and winning 6 or so games, but the year after could be the big year for Campbell and the Skins..
DJM187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Other than McNabb, who will be a stud barring injury, you really have no idea what to expect from the other NFC East QB's... that's the problem with them.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect Tony Romo to live up to his iconic expectations and prove he is the Hall of Famer that Cowboy fans make him out to be.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb: Always solid, I expect him to throw for 4000 if healthy. His WRs are young and improving, and same goes for LJ Smith & Westbrook.

Campbell: I'm going to go out on a limb and say he will be the 2nd best. His duties will be simple as the 'Skins are a run-heavy team, but I expect him to be an effective leader and manager.

Romo: He will probably be the 2nd best statistically, but he needs to become more consistent. It seemed like he got cocky after his hot start, and his play declined. He needs to work very hard in the film room, but his receivers aren't helping. TO needs to catch the ball, & Crayton needs more touches.

Manning: Here's where things go downhill in my opinion. Manning doesn't look like he will ever handle pressure well, and his inconsistency is mind-boggling. Losing Tiki completely changes their offensive dynamic, and Tiki was an important checkdown guy. Toomer is his only consistent wideout, so he needs to stay healthy this year. Shockey & Burress are not focussed players on the field, and Moss is still not ready to be a steady contributor.

These QBs are all very intriguing and capable, but they all have their share of problems at the moment.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

McNabb - Slow start, start cookin near playoff time after team clicks and injury wears off. ONLY if they don't make him do everything, do what they did similar to Garcia.

Campbell - Not as high of expectations, first offseason to really settle into the playbook. You will see Saunder's offense full throttle this year. 2nd in the division behind McNabb.

Manning - Put into bad spot, no real running game to fall behind. Eli will have a lot of yards, but a bad TD/INT ratio

Romo - Does not live up to expectations, MBIII and JJ help him out though, average season overall
Old 04-02-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

McNabb-Will have one of his best seasons in his career, don't think the ACL will be much of an issue. With Westbrook in his prime and Reggie Brown ready to break out, I expect him to have much less pressure than other years. Him and Curtis will work together very nicely as well.

Romo-He'll play more like he did in the last half of his starts than the first half. The league will continue to figure him out and he will have to adjust his game a bit if he wants to continue to succeed. That said, he should still be a winning QB and a potential top 5 QB in the NFC.

Manning-I think his numbers will go down across the board for the most part, which is a good and bad thing. I am hoping and assuming his passing attempts will go down (some people don't realize how many times the Giants throw the ball) and I think he can get his INTs down to the 12-13 range and his TDs should be at around 23-24. If that is the case, he will be fresher in the second half of 2007 and should level out his performance.

Campbell-Skins will struggle so many will view him as a 1st round bust, but he will improve. A lot of his mishaps were green mistakes and can easily be corrected. He has a lot of tools to work with and weapons around him, so if the Skins do make any noise I think Campbell will have a lot to do with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
jefepowhnzer
Rookie

jefepowhnzer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

McNabb - If the playcalling continues to be more balanced than it was pre McNabb getting injured I see him having a lot of success. Not necessarily in the amount of passing yards or TD's, but in wins and consistency. Plus, balanced playcalling should cut down on the chances of him being injured again, and would alleviate a lot of the pressure he seemed to be playing with last year.

Manning - If there's a time to prove to everyone that he can even come close to the same playing level as his brother it's this year. There's no true answer at RB for the Giants, which is going to put a lot of pressure on Eli. Not only did he lose Tiki's ground game, but lost a big time part of the passing offense. Losing Toomer in the middle of the season certainly didn't help him last year. If Sinorice Moss can make progress in his development over the summer Eli may be looking at having three solid targets in Toomer, Burress and Moss and could be looking at a breakout season.

Campbell - Had his moments last year but didn't play consistently. Even with the injury to Portis, Betts stepped in and did a solid job at the RB position, so the injury to Portis cannot be looked at as an excuse for Campbells inconsistency. He had his best game statistically in the final week of the season against the hapless Giants pass D, and was a step forward. Campbell only started 6 games last year, so he is still very much a rookie and needs more time to be evaluated. Right now though, it doesn't seem as if Campbell is the long term answer and the organization isn't helping him out any by meeting with Russell, no matter how innocent they say the meeting is.
Unless he can find some consistency he is looking at a long season.

Romo - Im still not completely sold on Romo. His first 3 starts came against non playoff teams including Arizona, Carolina and Washington, and he flourished, Romo-mania ran rampant. But the stats speak for themselves; against 6 non-playoff teams Romo threw 15 of his 19 TD passes and only 3 INT's. In 5 games against playoff teams (including the Giants twice) he threw only 4 TD's and 10 INT's. I don't want to seem too down on Romo, but those stats show a huge disparity in games versus good, competitive teams and games versus ok at best teams. One huge consideration is the fact that Romo is still a rookie in terms of game experience. As the experience comes can he find consistency against the better teams in the league? For me, Romos situation is as much of a wait and see situation as any other QB in the league. So we'll just have to wait and see.
jefepowhnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the sound of things, people came away from last season thinking that Romo completely crashed and burned at the end of the year. That is very confusing to me, as he wasn't that bad. He had two great games, and two below average games....but he didn't have any just complete crapfests like people seem to think. Here are his stats from the final four game stretch in which the Cowboys went 1-3:

Att....Comp....%.....Yards.....YPA.....TDs.....Int ......Rating(approx)
123....75.......61......990......8.05.....6....... ..6........82.5

Are those bad numbers? I mean seriously. The one problem with them is the TD/Int ratio, which just so happens to be the scouting report on Tony: he gambles too much. Early on in his stint as the starter, he was getting away with ill-advised decisions. Parcells was warning everyone that asked about him (a fact that got him absolutely grilled in the media) that he was going to get caught if he didn't quit it, and it finally caught up to him at the end of the year to a small extent. That has always been the key for his development, ie the ability to exercise proper judgment and play the percentages better.

Still, for a guy that is being universally slammed for his shoddy play towards the end of the year, you would expect a lot worse numbers than those. The truth is that all this negative sentiment surrounding him is simply a backlash that results from all the Romo mania that was shoved down everyone's throat after he took the league by storm in his first 6 starts (going 5-1, should have been 6-0) and led the league in passer rating. That's fine, and I respect the resentment that occurs when something like that happens....it's the reason that I hate Tom Brady. But lets not turn a blind eye to the facts. Romo did have some struggles towards the end there, but he was by no means the main culprit in our late-season collapse. That would be the defense. If Tony played an entire season the way that he did those last 4 games (~82 QB rating), but our defense played the way it did from early October to late November, we would probably win the division and have a great shot at coming out of the NFC. Romo was not the problem.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and btw, Romo was sacked a total of 9 times in his first six starts.....and was subsequently sacked 12 times in the last 4 games. Think that might have something to do with the decline in his performance?
Old 04-02-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
From the sound of things, people came away from last season thinking that Romo completely crashed and burned at the end of the year. That is very confusing to me, as he wasn't that bad. He had two great games, and two below average games....but he didn't have any just complete crapfests like people seem to think. Here are his stats from the final four game stretch in which the Cowboys went 1-3:

Att....Comp....%.....Yards.....YPA.....TDs.....Int ......Rating(approx)
123....75.......61......990......8.05.....6....... ..6........82.5

Are those bad numbers? I mean seriously. The one problem with them is the TD/Int ratio, which just so happens to be the scouting report on Tony: he gambles too much. Early on in his stint as the starter, he was getting away with ill-advised decisions. Parcells was warning everyone that asked about him (a fact that got him absolutely grilled in the media) that he was going to get caught if he didn't quit it, and it finally caught up to him at the end of the year to a small extent. That has always been the key for his development, ie the ability to exercise proper judgment and play the percentages better.

Still, for a guy that is being universally slammed for his shoddy play towards the end of the year, you would expect a lot worse numbers than those. The truth is that all this negative sentiment surrounding him is simply a backlash that results from all the Romo mania that was shoved down everyone's throat after he took the league by storm in his first 6 starts (going 5-1, should have been 6-0) and led the league in passer rating. That's fine, and I respect the resentment that occurs when something like that happens....it's the reason that I hate Tom Brady. But lets not turn a blind eye to the facts. Romo did have some struggles towards the end there, but he was by no means the main culprit in our late-season collapse. That would be the defense. If Tony played an entire season the way that he did those last 4 games (~82 QB rating), but our defense played the way it did from early October to late November, we would probably win the division and have a great shot at coming out of the NFC. Romo was not the problem.
I look at the month of December as Romo's downfall, so I would add the December 3rd stats to that line you put up which for some reason doesn't seem to be involved. Like I said earlier, he should be alright but I don't expect him to get back to the level where he was playing so well for first half of his 2006 tenure. But I am not at the point where I can say with confidence that he is going to be a good QB yet because he finished pretty weak and it seemed as if the league was starting to figure him out.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-02-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Eli- Will continue to be an incosistent quarterback. Loses the screen game with Tiki being gone, which was a big part of his minor rebound towards the end of the year. Will put up big yards with a low completion percentage, low twenty tds, and 16-18 INT. Will still have a hard time making plays with the game on the line.

how does Eli have a hard time making plays with the game on the line????? that is his calling card. the man is clutch as hell and turns it on in the fourth quarter and runs a fantastic 2 minute drill
Old 04-02-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
So you think they will all struggle besides Eli I find that shocking.
lol exactly. You have Eli becoming a pro-bowler, and everyone else sucking, LMAO. It is way to early for this, but I will do it anyway:

Donovan McNabb- Is rushing to come back from the ACL injury, and will have a similiar season to Duante Culpepper when he tried to rush it, and McNabb will get hurt again, like always. Remember, he tore it in week 11, not week 3. He will definitly be hurting from rushing back, and his play will show it.

Tony Romo- Will be above average, with some mistakes from inexperience. But with the team he has around him, he doesn't really need to be that spectacular anyway.

Eli Manning- Will continue to be just and average QB who cries everytime he throws an INT, and will never live up to his draft pick or last name, because he was drafted about 3 rounds to high because of it.

Jason Campbell- I am really intrigued by this could. I expect him to have a good year, and put the redskins in contention for a wild card spot. If Portis stays healthy and they have a good running game, Campbell could be this years Tony Romo.

Oh and Neko, come on now, the Redskins offense isn't better than the Cowboys. No way my friend.

Last edited by Achilles33 : 04-02-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I look at the month of December as Romo's downfall, so I would add the December 3rd stats to that line you put up which for some reason doesn't seem to be involved. Like I said earlier, he should be alright but I don't expect him to get back to the level where he was playing so well for first half of his 2006 tenure. But I am not at the point where I can say with confidence that he is going to be a good QB yet because he finished pretty weak and it seemed as if the league was starting to figure him out.

um, I didn't include that game because a) we won and b) Tony played extremely well, and made one of the top 5 throws of any QB for the entire season when he rolled out left and rifled that 35 yarder to Witten down the seam behind one defender and in front of another that set up the game winning FG by Gramatica. He played very, very well, but his stats were artificially smeared by a perfect passed that bounced off of Terry Glenn's hands and was intercepted by Kiwanuka and subsequently fumbled back to the Cowboys--net result: a 1st down for Dallas, no damage done and wouldn't have been Tony's fault if there had been, but the stat line still reflects an Int, which will kill a QB's passer rating. In addition, he had no TD passes , even though he engineered two long TD drives with his excellent marksmanship and decision making. He made the plays to get the team down there, and Barber ended up with two short yardage rushing TDs.

In essence, he played a very, very good game, but because of a quirk in statistics it looked like a bad one on the stat sheet. Why should "December was his undoing" be the rationale when he played great in the first game, the third game, and the fifth game? Oh....that's right, because this is the Cowboys, and everyone likes to pile on whenver given the chance.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

^thats part of life and happens to every quarterback....
Old 04-02-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
um, I didn't include that game because a) we won and b) Tony played extremely well, and made one of the top 5 throws of any QB for the entire season when he rolled out left and rifled that 35 yarder to Witten down the seam behind one defender and in front of another that set up the game winning FG by Gramatica. He played very, very well, but his stats were artificially smeared by a perfect passed that bounced off of Terry Glenn's hands and was intercepted by Kiwanuka and subsequently fumbled back to the Cowboys--net result: a 1st down for Dallas, no damage done and wouldn't have been Tony's fault if there had been, but the stat line still reflects an Int, which will kill a QB's passer rating. In addition, he had no TD passes , even though he engineered two long TD drives with his excellent marksmanship and decision making. He made the plays to get the team down there, and Barber ended up with two short yardage rushing TDs.

In essence, he played a very, very good game, but because of a quirk in statistics it looked like a bad one on the stat sheet. Why should "December was his undoing" be the rationale when he played great in the first game, the third game, and the fifth game? Oh....that's right, because this is the Cowboys, and everyone likes to pile on whenver given the chance.

I wouldn't say he played very, very good in that game. He played well when it mattered down the stretch and yes, he made an outstanding throw because Will Demps is our FS to Witten, you are right about that one. But he did throw those INTs and fumble (something he made a habit of in December) and overall played an average game. He looked flustered and like i said, defenses picked up that he is at his worst when forced to stay in the pocket.

Again, I am not saying he will regress and if I had to put money on it, I would say he'd be a top 6 QB in the NFC this year. But he finished weak, not awful, but weak.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED