Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-13-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default No RB in 1st Round for First Time Since 1963!

I posted a similar thread about QB's some time ago but after Eddie Lacey's poor Pro Day it seems that the possibility of zero RB's selected is not only possible but likely. Very unique draft. Can you imagine zero RB's and zero QB's drafted in the 1st round? Also, it really seems to magnify what we all have noticed and talked about for years, the RB position is becoming devalued, in the future it may actually be rare to see a RB drafted in round 1 even though he may touch the ball 15-25 times a game....seems odd to say but that's the direction we are heading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It used to be that teams wanted one great QB, one great receiver, and one great back, and would fill in the pieces around them. Now teams are after the great QB, three receivers, three backs and a pair of tight ends. Everyone is trying to figure out how they can create a mismatch with someone on every play.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's possible, but I see either Cincinatti, St. Louis, or Green Bay pulling the trigger on Lacey. Who cares if his pro day wasn't the most impressive. He's a tank and his film speaks for itself.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I think it's possible, but I see either Cincinatti, St. Louis, or Green Bay pulling the trigger on Lacey. Who cares if his pro day wasn't the most impressive. He's a tank and his film speaks for itself.
I'm high on Lacy too. Whether it's late first or early second it's pretty much all the same. Agree with no backs in the top 15 or so.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

If Lacy is there at #22, I think there's a high likelihood the Rams take him.

Had he had a good Pro Day, it wouldn't have shocked me to see him get picked at #16, as they'd want to make sure the Steelers or Bengals didn't grab him.
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I blame the 2005 draft.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I blame the 2005 draft.
It's not just that just that draft. The last decade has had huge 1st round RB busts.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Ingram didn't help

Quote:
Old 04-15-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
f2tornado
Rookie

f2tornado hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Mark Ingram didn't help
Long time lurker here and figured I should join the conversation. As far as the above goes, I was fairly high on Ingram until the Saints took him. They didn't appear to cater to Reggie Bush's strengths as time wore on, most notably getting him the ball in space via the screen or pitch then using his speed and elusiveness. Off to a new system in Miami and, voila. Ingram was very much the luxury pick and the Saints have yet to use him effectively in the passing game where he did some damage in Alabama. I suppose when you have an elite TE in Graham the RB isn't gonna get so many tosses his way. The Saints should have passed on him and I believe he'd be more productive elsewhere. That said, while his yards per carry are not stellar, he's still decent in pass protection and has only put the ball on the ground once in two seasons. There is enough value there where I cannot call him a bust but certainly a draft reach based on production thus far. In regards to the initial post, I don't know if the RB position is becoming all that devalued just yet. Looking at previous drafts the first back off the board came late in the first round in 2003 and 2004 following by a bunch of drafts with early picks until 2011 with Ingram picked late. Richardson was nabbed at #3 last year. It certainly looks like no back gets chosen early this year but a healthy Lattimore could have been an early pick and there's always room for a draft day surprise or two.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:50 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think it is impossible for a skill position to go undrafted in a round. I definitely don't think there will be a RB taken in the first 25 picks, but I just feel like someone will trade in the end of the 1st or just some team will nab a Lacy or Franklin or Bernard @ end of 1st with their natural pick.

I actually like a lot of the RB's in this draft class even though none of them are a "blue chip" I guess you could say.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trich, Doug Martin and to a lesser extent David Wilson were all solid for 1st round picks last year. Previous years 1st round guys have had tons of injuries plague them.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I just think it is impossible for a skill position to go undrafted in a round. I definitely don't think there will be a RB taken in the first 25 picks, but I just feel like someone will trade in the end of the 1st or just some team will nab a Lacy or Franklin or Bernard @ end of 1st with their natural pick.

I actually like a lot of the RB's in this draft class even though none of them are a "blue chip" I guess you could say.
If there still hasn't been a RB drafted after the Rams pick at #22, I think somebody will trade up before the Packers pick at #26.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 AM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
It's not just that just that draft. The last decade has had huge 1st round RB busts.
Not just that, but the number of backs found in rounds 3-7 (not to mention UDFA's) in recent drafts have made GM's less likely to spend high 1rst round picks on them. Further, the RBBC trend in the NFL, the short careers by most backs, and the increasing proliferation of the passing game make the position less and less valuable. If it's not Adrian Peterson, it is hard to justify a 1rst round draft pick on a RB.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post
Not just that, but the number of backs found in rounds 3-7 (not to mention UDFA's) in recent drafts have made GM's less likely to spend high 1rst round picks on them. Further, the RBBC trend in the NFL, the short careers by most backs, and the increasing proliferation of the passing game make the position less and less valuable. If it's not Adrian Peterson, it is hard to justify a 1rst round draft pick on a RB.
While passing the ball has become the #1 priority in the NFL, people seem to consistently undervalue RB's in the draft. For the majority of NFL teams, it is still 33% of their offense and that is large enough to keep people drafting them in round 1. If no RB is taken in round 1 this year, it has nothing to do with the position losing its value and everything to do with a lack of talent at the position.
I loved watching Lacy in college but the fact remains that he was running behind one of the greatest college OL's of all time, with a minimum of 3 first rounders and the other 2 being no worse than 3rd rounders.
His pro day doesn't justify him going in round 1 and raised serious questions about his overall talent, leaving me to conclude that no RB will go in round 1 this year.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Lacy or Bernard can definitely sneak into the end of round one...if guys like wells and ingram can then lacy certainly can. And if guys like Chris Johnson and David Wilson can so can bernard.

Will definitely be interesting though
Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

This is how it should be in every draft.

No RB should ever be selected higher than the 2nd round by any team.

The position is just not important enough.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
If Lacy is there at #22, I think there's a high likelihood the Rams take him.

Had he had a good Pro Day, it wouldn't have shocked me to see him get picked at #16, as they'd want to make sure the Steelers or Bengals didn't grab him.
Lacy had a good Pro Day? I don't think he wowed anyone and I know some scouts came away concerned about the physical shape he was in.

He has a nagging hamstring injury and when you pair that with the lesser injuries he battled while at Alabama, it would be a big risk to draft Lacy in the first round.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought lacy was plenty fast enough, he might not be in the best shape but he had a partially torn hammy...theres no way to condition yourself to run without using your legs.

If lendale white can not run and be taken in the top of the second, lacy can sneak into the late first lol.

Wouldnt be surprised if he fell, but i think at least one RB goes in the first
Old 04-17-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL just made it a lot more difficult for RB's to go in round 1. The elimination of the cut block is going to affect a lot of RB's entering the league.
This type of block is used by a large # of smaller RB's when pass blocking for the QB and its elimination means, a RB must now be able to use strength as his only method of pass blocking. This is probably going to affect Bernard's chances of going round 1 and probably eliminate his chances.

Lacy, according to Mayock, ran the equivalent of a 4.65 40 and given his injury history, it is doubtful he can go round 1 unless NFL GM's think he is actually a lot faster when 100%. I just don't think there is enough in his favour to insure a 1st round pick.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Mark it down!!! History was made!!

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is actually pretty cool, and it shows how much the NFL has changed in just the past few years.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's some UDFA RBs I like more than the guys some people have as top 5 backs, so I'm not at all surprised by this. Only guy who had a shot was Lacy and only the Rams at 30 were a real potential landing spot. He isn't really a fit in Denver or GB IMO.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The NFL just made it a lot more difficult for RB's to go in round 1. The elimination of the cut block is going to affect a lot of RB's entering the league.
This type of block is used by a large # of smaller RB's when pass blocking for the QB and its elimination means, a RB must now be able to use strength as his only method of pass blocking. This is probably going to affect Bernard's chances of going round 1 and probably eliminate his chances.

Lacy, according to Mayock, ran the equivalent of a 4.65 40 and given his injury history, it is doubtful he can go round 1 unless NFL GM's think he is actually a lot faster when 100%. I just don't think there is enough in his favour to insure a 1st round pick.
The new rule is outlawing blindside "peel-back" blocks for offensive players heading the opposite way against "defenseless" defenders.

Any offensive player can cut/chop block any defensive player one-on-one. It does not affect pass blocking at all.

Last edited by norcalgsr : 04-26-2013 at 12:55 AM.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a trend by I still think this draft was sort of a fluke.
'Bama RBs are getting that system label, and there wasn't a Doug Martin/David Wilson type of prospect in this draft.

If it happens again next year, then I'll admit that RBs have become devalued by the NFL the way TEs were in the '80s and '90s.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, a lot of RB's to be had tmrw in the 2nd and 3rd. There will be a pretty solid RB run at some point in the 2nd I believe. Too many teams need help: Green Bay, Cincy, STL, Pitt, Miami (thumper), NYJ (unless they trade for ivory), etc.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote