Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-27-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I think Marquez is probably the toughest. Like I said hopefully we get 1 or 2 out of that group.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah I think Marquez is probably the toughest. Like I said hopefully we get 1 or 2 out of that group.
I think Robbins is probably the toughest. Seemed to be the highest regarded, flat out told teams not to draft him in Round 2, etc.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok well whatever. Regardless I hope we get one of them in here. I think Fulmer and Nimmo are going to end up paying huge dividends.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about our current situation?

Mets are still in the WC race, but they have a chance to be a significant Sellers at the deadline.

Beltran, K-Rod, Capuano, Paulino, Byrdak and Izzy could all bring us some interesting prospects.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I really can't see us staying in it but let's just enjoy this and see where we are when it gets closer to the deadline.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-08-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Nice!

We gotta get Nimmo.

After that, the HS guys that I think we could sign are Tuschak, Gsellman, Montgomery, Cotton, maybe Turgeon and my personal favorite Diehl.

Unfortunately, Robbins, Evans, Marquez, Reed, Budgell and Ake probably won't sign.
Well, I guess I was wrong about Budgell. They've signed him. Good news. He sounds like a very projectable pitcher.

http://www.metsblog.com/2011/07/08/m...tthew-budgell/

Now, let's get others also.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

They gave him a big bonus also. The highest after the 4th rd that Jim Callis has seen so far.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-13-2011, 07:01 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Good move, getting rid of K-Rod. I hope we will get someone usefull in return.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't care about the prospects in this deal. It was a pure salary move. When we deal Beltran we need to get something good in return.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-13-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, I agree that the main purpose of this deal was to clear salary room for next season, but the return should matter also imo.

I mean, we are giving them a good player and paying off the remaining portion of his guaranteed salary.

We better get more then just organizational players.

One 'B' level prospect and one 'C' level prospect would be fair imo.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ehh I wouldn't expect it but you never know. Their system is pretty crappy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-14-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does anyone know who ptbnl are yet?
Old 07-14-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We might find out one soon but the other may not be until September.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-14-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NEED METS! Going through withdrawal. Stupid All-Star break.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Tomorrow!!! Sounds like Davis had a setback also so he won't be back. I can't wait to see Wright again though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Time to sell.

Beltran, Capuano, Izzy. Whatever we can get for these guys.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I love Beltran, I don't think there is room to disagree. Especially because he can add something to a team and give us a decent haul on prospects. I twill suck to see him go, though.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Beltran to the Rangers please Sandy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

This thing is really dragging on.

BTW, I've heard that Mets might trade Beltran to a team that is willing to pick up the rest of his salary for a lesser package.

I would be REALLY PISSED if that is the case.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
This thing is really dragging on.

BTW, I've heard that Mets might trade Beltran to a team that is willing to pick up the rest of his salary for a lesser package.

I would be REALLY PISSED if that is the case.
I don't think that's going to happen. Texas has such a plethora of secondary prospects with high upside that we could deal him there and come away with a great deal. I trust Sandy and Co.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yeah, but it sounds like Texas' interest in Beltran is luke-warm.

Giants have the most interest, but it sounds like they rather pick up his salary then give us one of their top prospects.

I hope Sandy gets a good deal.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I'm sure Sandy will get a solid deal. We're in a tough position because people know we want to trade him and that we won't get compensation via a draft pick for him so our back is somewhat against the wall. Still, I think Sandy will get a good deal. If everyone tries to rob us blind I'd rather just hold onto Beltran. He's still one of my favorite players on the Mets all-time so I wouldn't be that upset if we kept him.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Starting to sound like it will be the Giants and if we don't get one of their top 3 this is going to be a major fail from me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Maybe Brown and Wheeler!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Olney just said Brown isn't in the deal, but Wheeler is. Regardless, thats one hell of a deal for the Mets

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote