Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-31-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always maintained that Mejia's all-around repetoire is the best in the system. And that includes Wheeler, who is our top prospect.

Mejia has 4 legit swing-and-miss pitches. Actually, curveball was his weakest pitch and thats the pitch that drew the biggest praise from yesterday.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you have as Mejia's 4th pitch? His fastball/sinker is plus/plus because of movement/sink. His CB was inconsistent but could be a plus pitch and his CU was at best average.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, his CU was the one scouts really liked. For some reason he just wouldn't use it very often.

Before the injury Mejia had:

Mid-to-Late 90s 4-seam fastball
Mid-90s Cutter ... Keith once said "what a Nasty slider!" to which Gary replied "A 94-mph Slider?"
low-to-mid 80s CU
Curveball

My favorite pitch of his is the Cutter. But his command of it was mediocre and he would only throw it when he was ahead in the count.

Last edited by MaxV : 05-31-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elvin will be up tomorrow!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-31-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Nice, I can't wait to see how he does.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
MDD is interesting though. Did he always show this much power? I honestly can't recall. I'd be interested to see how he projects to playing CF in the future. I literally have no idea what his defense is like. Does anyone have a scouting report on that?

He's most likely a 4th OF. But yes, his glove is really, really good.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Wheeler!!!

7 IP 3 H 1 R 0 BB 8 K

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-31-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Wheeler!!!

7 IP 3 H 1 R 0 BB 8 K
I jizzed when that scout said he was a right handed Matt Moore.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I jizzed when that scout said he was a right handed Matt Moore.
Top 10 guy by the end of the year if he keeps this up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-31-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't lie. I have an erection right now.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Law has us taking Max Fried in his latest mock. Yes please.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-01-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Boom goes the Wheeler dynamite:

Quote:
Scouts following the Mets farm system are raving about Wheeler, a right-hander who just turned 21 on Wednesday and is said to have stuff that reminds them of Justin Verlander and Stephen Strasburg.

"I haven't seen [Orioles super-prospect Dylan] Bundy yet, but this guy is the best minor-league pitcher I've seen this year," said one rival scout who watched Wheeler pitch for Double-A Binghamton on Thursday night. "He just blew me away. One of the best I've ever seen."

The scout said that Wheeler touched 100 mph on the radar gun, and pitched at 96-97 mph.

"And with no effort," he said. "And late life on the fastball. And with a knee-buckling curve, and a good changeup. He was overpowering. [Reading] is a pretty good team, but it was like a man vs. boys."

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-01-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I really want a top tier Catching prospect. I'm high on Stryker Trahan.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Law also mentioned Giolito as a dark horse. That'd be swell.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I can not believe I missed this game. I went with my girl to see The Avengers.

I'm going to be glued to the TV tomorrow for the Rewind.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was awesome.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I got there for the 5th. It was pure hard boner!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-02-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys, bout time you got your no-no. I still think the best part is the dude in jorts running out there celebrating with the team then getting torn off

At :32

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I get goosebumps just watch it. So awesome, haha.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I agree with Al Dukes. For once, staying in to watch the Mets on a Friday night pays off.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Nice, I can't wait to see how he does.
Should stick to pitching. Celebrating is not his thing.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He was very excite!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-02-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Actually it may not be Elvin who was hurt, it might have been the other Ramirez.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Seems like David Dahl is the name being mentioned with us most frequently in the draft.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, after not giving up a run in AAA, Elvin gives up one in his MLB debut.

I hope they give him time. I think he'll do well.