Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-07-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read Wheeler wasn't that great in his first AAA start.

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/201...s_in_trip.html

Is control a real weakness?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW Ike Davis still looks ******* horrible.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not that worried about Wheeler. He is still developing. I expect to see him in Mets uniform soon.

It's too early to tell, but judging by the start of this season, Mets have A TON of pitching in their system.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wheeler has improved his control but yes that's the one thing truly holding him back. They were saying the same thing about Harvey last year so let's wait more than 1 start before anyone worries.

Ike will be fine also. He's just very streaky.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:57 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Harvey is kind of sexy.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of Forenci? He's full blown sexy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're right. The fact he's from Connecticut and I played against him in high school is just further awesomeness.

I'm actually heading back up north for the summer so I'm super pumped to be able to start watching Mets games in three weeks.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wheeler and Montero again today.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
You're right. The fact he's from Connecticut and I played against him in high school is just further awesomeness.

I'm actually heading back up north for the summer so I'm super pumped to be able to start watching Mets games in three weeks.
Really the only flaw with him is that he grew up as a big Yanks fan. Besides that there's nothing not to like.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-09-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Wheeler and Montero again today.
Yup. Hope Montero keeps it going from start #1 and Wheeler finds his control tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-09-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Montero and Mateo were both great.

Wheeler is struggling with command again. I hope he gets it together.

Guess who he is facing? Recognize the name of Yusmeiro Petit?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Of course I do. Our old buddy. I don't remember if I ever was high on him. His command was impressive but his raw stuff was never really that good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-10-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Buck MVP

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
John Buck MVP
Quite the throw in!!

Our minors pitching is ridiculous this year by the way folks. We are as stacked as we've ever been since I've been following the minors.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-10-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Quite the throw in!!

Our minors pitching is ridiculous this year by the way folks. We are as stacked as we've ever been since I've been following the minors.
Heck yeah.

And as if we didn't have enough pitching prospects to follow, there are new names now:

Matt Bowman
Logan Taylor
Rainy Lara
Gabriel Ynoa
Old 04-11-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Heck yeah. The pitching is really all we have this year at both the major and minor league levels. We need bats.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I hear rumors that Mets would be willing to trade Wheeler for Stanton.

I don't know.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Yes.

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

And Stanton getting disgruntled might happen sooner rather than later.

And if he was on the table, Wheeler/D'arnaud would probably be the best package available. Do they like Brantly though?
Old 04-11-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I hear rumors that Mets would be willing to trade Wheeler for Stanton.

I don't know.
It's not really a rumor. A beat writer apparently talked to someone way outside of Sandy's inner circle and said the Mets would do it. I would do it. Not both Wheeler and d'Arnaud though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Just read the whole article.

A) Is Andy Martino reliable?

B)

Quote:
Alderson is also said to be eager to accelerate the construction of a winning team, and open to all possibilities — including bringing Giancarlo Stanton to New York, the most alluring possibility of all. Keep an eye on that one.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2QAprFhDH
That sounds to me like he wants to make a move sooner rather than later. By move I mean improving the outfield and/or calling up Wheeler - especially after what we saw last night.

Also, the article mentioned Carlos Gonzalez.

Cargo and Stanton are literally my two favorite players in the league lol. I'd take either of them in a heartbeat.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Martino is really not that reliable. I personally think he's the worst Mets beat writer.

A CarGo trade makes the most sense if the Rockies really put him on the block. We have pitching for his bat.

The plan is still for 2014 and beyond. A corps of Wright, CarGo, Ike or Duda, d'Arnaud with out pitching sounds pretty good though. Maybe Niese, Montero, and a 3rd piece for CarGo? That probably doesn't get it done though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I would not trade BOTH Wheeler and D'Arnaud for Stanton. That's WAY too much.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I don't know. If you think about it, D'arnaud's still a catcher. And Stanton has the potential to be the premier slugger in the game... he's already shown that he can be a 40-hr guy annually.

There's a lot better chance Stanton is a top-10 outfielder than D'arnaud is a top-10 catcher at this point... and a top-10 outfielder is more valuable.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

A top 10 catcher is a .275/.345/.430 hitter.

I'm fairly certain Travis has more upside then that.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rhodes looks so good when he plays bump and run. He reminds me of Jimmy Smith the way he can press you at the line. And I was a huge Jimmy Smith fan when he was coming out.

His shuttle numbers concern me, but when you watch him play you see plenty of recovery speed. And those arms. It's like he's a tarantula with those arms. His radius is sick.

The more I think of it, the more I feel that Rhodes should be the guy at 19.