Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-30-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was an amazing game last night, and now we have Mota back, after sending Burgos down. Hopefully he will be lights out like he was at the end of last year, but who knows how much of that was actually him. Although he has definitely shown it in the past, and they are showing confidence in him by moving him up right away after the suspension.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2886709

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I didn't see the game till then 9th tonight. First time this season we have been shut out.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea that's crazy. Ugly game today though.

Few comments..

1) Benitez finally (yesterday) got his own, kinda feel bad but w.e the Mets win in an awesome battle.

2) Good return from Mota.

3) Why do the umps all hate David Wright? Horrible call on that K he got earlier in the game, it started as a ball, crossed the plate as a ball, and ended as a ball, shoulda been an easy call...

4) I've noticed the Mets HR count is significantly down yet they appear to be striking out a lot more...that's weird, anyone know why or am I just crazy?

5) Carlos Gomez is unfortunately now officially proving he is a rookie, I would still say it's definitely too early to make any conclusions though, still has a terrific, terrific future, and is he faster than Reyes?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reyes has known Gomez since they were both kids, and he has stated that Carlos is faster.

Yes, Gomez isn't ready yet. He's still a bit of a free swinger.

Good outings from 3 of our top pitching prospects (Phillip Humber, Kevin Mulvey and Bobby Parnell) today
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice to see those 3 pitchers do well in the minors last night. I can't believe Juan Lagares has 24 errors already this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Nice to see those 3 pitchers do well in the minors last night. I can't believe Juan Lagares has 24 errors already this year.
Don't sweat it. He's only 17.

From what I understand, he makes a lot of great plays in the field, but has trouble with routine ones.

As always, young players psyche themselves out when they have too much time to think about it.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Don't sweat it. He's only 17.

From what I understand, he makes a lot of great plays in the field, but has trouble with routine ones.

As always, young players psyche themselves out when they have too much time to think about it.
I'm not sweating it at all. I'm still as high on him as when the year began.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-31-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not sweating it at all. I'm still as high on him as when the year began.
BTW, we have another teenager that NYFS people are going nuts over. Ruben Tejada in VSL(?). He's dominating there. I can't wait to see how he'll do next year in the States.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
BTW, we have another teenager that NYFS people are going nuts over. Ruben Tejada in VSL(?). He's dominating there. I can't wait to see how he'll do next year in the States.
Yeah I've been following his progress as well. I don't get as excited about VSL guys untill they come over here but since he's tearing the place up I am a little more excited about him that normal. We'll see what he does when he comes to the states like you said.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-31-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

BTW, the draft is coming up.

Mets have 4 picks in the top 101.

I hope those talented Boras clients drop to us and Omar takes more risks.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

VERY nice win.

El-Duque looked uncomfortable facing the first 2 batters, but then settled down and pitched GREAT.

Hopefully, Beltran is ok.

John "Money" Maine against Brandon Webb tommorow. Great matchup.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think it is just a little hypocritical of Mets fans to slam Bonds?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.

Last edited by Borat : 05-31-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:20 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Do you guys think it is just a little hypocritical of Mets fans to slam Bonds?
Oh, for crying out loud.

I repeat again, EVERY organization has users, it's just Mota is the one who got caught.

Also, Mota isn't about to break a highly honored record.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

DAMN, all these injuries.

David Wright will miss today's game with back spasms. Julio Franco will start at 3b in his stead.

We won't exactly have our A team vs. Webb tonight.

I hope Maine shuts them down and we find a way to win anyway.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might watch just to see Franco at 3rd
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Sosa is a great addition. He gives us an exellent depth in the starting rotation.

Gotay has been pretty impressive. I'm not sure if he can be an everyday 2b, but I do think he can at least be a good bench player.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Gotay will be a fine backup for us.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I think Gotay will be a fine backup for us.
Yeah, Mets should teach him to play OF, and perhaps he can be used as a super utility guy.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Really good game today. Glad to see out not so good lineup get the W like that.

Also, it's great to see Deolis Guerra pitch again. Very fine 2 innings.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-02-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who would have though it would have been our pitching that's our strong point this year? Another great game pitched by Sosa, looks like Peterson and Co. worked to get the Sosa two years ago in ATL. And Maine, although he got the loss yesterday, pitched amazingly again.

Delgado's definitely coming out of his slump and is becoming a feared hitter again.

All good stuff, damn we are good.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Do you guys agree with me that the commentators on SNY (Gary, Ron, and Keith) are really really good? Every time I watch a Yankee game or any prime-time game, I notice others are not nearly as good or entertaining.

Also during yesterdays game they asked a question who would be the Mets captain. One of them brought up Lo Duca and I would probably agree. What do you think?
Old 06-03-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Do you guys agree with me that the commentators on SNY (Gary, Ron, and Keith) are really really good? Every time I watch a Yankee game or any prime-time game, I notice others are not nearly as good or entertaining.

Also during yesterdays game they asked a question who would be the Mets captain. One of them brought up Lo Duca and I would probably agree. What do you think?
1. Yes we are lucky we have them three doing our games. They are smart, funny, insightful and they bring exactly what you want to a baseball game. They are the best in the business.

2. Paul Lod Duca is not going to be here long enough to be a captain. If we ever name a new captain it will definitely be David Wright or Jose Reyes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Yes we are lucky we have them three doing our games. They are smart, funny, insightful and they bring exactly what you want to a baseball game. They are the best in the business.

2. Paul Lod Duca is not going to be here long enough to be a captain. If we ever name a new captain it will definitely be David Wright or Jose Reyes.
Yankees announcers get crap because everyone hates Michael Kay and it doesn't help the Mets fan fire that he has his own radio show in NY. Besides that all the Yankee guys are actually great. They have a large team of great guys. Jim Kaat was probably the best in the business until he stopped doing it this season. But Girardi, Flaherty, and even Leiter are all very good for guys who are brand new to it. For the Mets, Darling is just excellent and Gary very good, but I just can't stand Hernandez. To me it seems like he just spaces out sometimes in the middle of games and has nothing to say. Gary has to hold his hand.

As for a Mets captain, it would defiantely be Wright. Reyes is still too immature for that responsibility for now in my opinion.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Yankees announcers get crap because everyone hates Michael Kay and it doesn't help the Mets fan fire that he has his own radio show in NY. Besides that all the Yankee guys are actually great. They have a large team of great guys. Jim Kaat was probably the best in the business until he stopped doing it this season. But Girardi, Flaherty, and even Leiter are all very good for guys who are brand new to it. For the Mets, Darling is just excellent and Gary very good, but I just can't stand Hernandez. To me it seems like he just spaces out sometimes in the middle of games and has nothing to say. Gary has to hold his hand.

As for a Mets captain, it would defiantely be Wright. Reyes is still too immature for that responsibility for now in my opinion.
I agree with you that Keith is probably the weakest of the 3, but he has a good sense of humor, which is a plus.

I also agree with you regarding Wright being the most ideal for the C, but disagree that Reyes is immature.

He often jokes around and can't sit still in the dugout like a kid, but his teammates respect and listen to him.

He's also a very religious and family oriented man.

Also, he loves the game as much as any MLB player and gives as much effort as any.

That is a quality of a good leader as well, in my opinion.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with you that Keith is probably the weakest of the 3, but he has a good sense of humor, which is a plus.

I also agree with you regarding Wright being the most ideal for the C, but disagree that Reyes is immature.

He often jokes around and can't sit still in the dugout like a kid, but his teammates respect and listen to him.

He's also a very religious and family oriented man.

Also, he loves the game as much as any MLB player and gives as much effort as any.

That is a quality of a good leader as well, in my opinion.
Religious and family oriented means nothing in this day of age, but that wasn't the point. I didn't mean he was immature in the same sense that Milledge is immature. I was mainly referring to the fact that he acts like a small child in the dugout who is all hyped up on caffeine. That just doesn't gel with being a captain, at least in my opnion.