Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-07-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That'd be nice, would could use another bat in the OF, I thought I read somewhere that he would be starting rehab like this week, I guess I was wrong..

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

Our first pick is in : Kunz, Edward

I'm not so sure how I feel about him, he's an RHP and has a really nice 1-2 pitch (94 MPH Fastball which he's got great command over and a true slider) but that's about it. He's definitely not gunna be a starter, more of a bullpen guy, which is why I'm not so sure about the pick, you don't generally wanna spend a mid second-rounder on a guy who has virtually no shot at starting. What do I know though...anyone else have any thoughts on this pick?

Old 06-07-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Our first pick is in : Kunz, Edward

I'm not so sure how I feel about him, he's an RHP and has a really nice 1-2 pitch (94 MPH Fastball which he's got great command over and a true slider) but that's about it. He's definitely not gunna be a starter, more of a bullpen guy, which is why I'm not so sure about the pick, you don't generally wanna spend a mid second-rounder on a guy who has virtually no shot at starting. What do I know though...anyone else have any thoughts on this pick?

you can check out his scouting report here

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/... mber&ft=&fv=

and our 2nd pick was

Nathan Vineyard LHP Woodland HS

Last edited by LTgiants : 06-07-2007 at 06:00 PM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not in love with a bullpen guy this early but if he turns out to be a great MR then you never know. Smith and Kunz as our setup guys might not be that bad. We know how Omar thinks the bullpen is very important.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

I hate our last pick, horrible pick. In my opinion, the guy doesn't stand a chance in the MLB. A sub-par fast-ball, an almost obsolete change-up, and a decent curve, UGH!!!!

The Vineyard pick I really like, I was hoping to get him with our first second rounder, so hopefully he pans out. But again, 3 pitchers in 3 picks is not the way I planned them going, especially with pitching, and long-term pitching at that, being our strong point.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BA's scouting report on Moviel:

The Andrew Brackman comparisons are obvious. Product of an Ohio high school? Check. Signed to play in college at North Carolina State? Check. Huge body that has scouts dreaming of a monster frontline starter? Check. Unlike Brackman, Moviel doesn't have a basketball scholarship, but he has played the sport in high school. He's an intimidating 6-foot-10 and 245 pounds and athletic for his size. He has a 91-92 mph fastball that tops out at 94, and he has tightened up a curveball that was loopy a year ago. Brackman had similar stuff when he came out of Cincinnati's Moeller High three years ago, though his breaking ball was better. As with any large pitcher, there are concerns as to how well Moviel will repeat his delivery and command his pitches. His mechanics don't have any major flaws, though he could do a better job of staying on top of his pitches. Because his older brothers Paul (in the Devil Rays system) and Greg (in the Mariners organization) went backward in college, Moviel is considered signable, especially if he goes in the top three rounds as expected.

6'-10" pitcher!!!! Omar is building a basketball team.

I acctually like this pick.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

My good friend knows Harvey from school. Hes talking to him now on the phone now.

I am not watching the draft or can find an update draft results page. We just got him right? I saw a few mock drafts having him as a top 10 pick. Any reason he fell?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brent Rustich, 6'-6" 220 closer out of UCLA. JEEZ, all these guys have the size to play PF/C in the NBA.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Rustich has GREAT stuff, with mid-to-high-90s FB, good power slider and a splitter, but his command is a big issue.

Paging Rick Peterson.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

LOL Another college reliever, LHP Jeff Niesen.

He too has very good velocity on his FB, but command is an issue.

Omar is going heavy with pitchers who have good raw upside.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't like taking all these relievers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-07-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
My good friend knows Harvey from school. Hes talking to him now on the phone now.

I am not watching the draft or can find an update draft results page. We just got him right? I saw a few mock drafts having him as a top 10 pick. Any reason he fell?
No we did not take Harvey.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-07-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I really don't like taking all these relievers.
I think Mets view some of these guys as starters.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I think Mets view some of these guys as starters.
Even if one or 2 of them are they don't have any good history of starting. They are in the bullpen for a reason. I hope we can get them fixed but there were plenty of better options throughout as of now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-07-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Back to Back to Back homers. Maybe that will get us going again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-07-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Does anyone have Scott Shoenwise's adress? I plan on sending him a very detailed **** YOU letter.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

This is just not fair. Whenever something good happens, things just fall apart.

I hope they get it together and fast.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if you look at the bright side, its a good thing that they are having these problems and injuries at this point of the season as opposed to late in the season like last year, when other teams are getting hot before the playoffs. So hopefully, they will wake up soon, get healthy, play like their capable of playing.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:44 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally didn't like our draft at all. I would have liked to see us go for a more bonafide starting pitcher.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is just not fair. Whenever something good happens, things just fall apart.

I hope they get it together and fast.
Damn you guys stink.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

This road trip / remainder of June is going to be an very hard test for the Mets. We have to play....

@Detriot - Defending AL Champs. First time we play them at their new stadium. (I've been to it twice, it's very very nice.)

@LAD - Late games for us to watch, many people including SI picked them to win the NL. I haven't seen any of their games besides highlights throughout the season. How do we match up with them?

@NYY - I'm interested to see how the Yankees play up untill this series. This series is always close.

MIN - Anyone know what their pitching lineup is going to look like? Will we play during a Santana start?

OAK - Just took 3 out of 4 from the Red Sox. They are currently 3rd in their division, but have been playing good baseball lately.

STL - Last time we played them it was not much of a series, but Albert Pujols has apparently raised his BA 40 points in last 2/3 weeks along with a few HRs. I am not expecting a similar series as last time. Also, is Carpenter still on the DL?

@PHI - I know we want to put this series behind us, and I know I am looking WAY ahead, but I hope the Mets look to get some games back from them. THey have also been playing well lately and have managed to sweep both the Mets and the Braves recently.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Damn you guys stink.
You're right man, we've been playing as if we are 10.5 out.

Are you sure the Mets and Yankees didn't switch players?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're right man, we've been playing as if we are 10.5 out.

Are you sure the Mets and Yankees didn't switch players?
You see what happens when everyone is injured now don't you.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We've hit our first rough patch of the year but everything will be fine. As someone just mentioned earlier we have arguably the toughest part of our schedule coming up where we play every team that made the playoffs last year. If we can just play a couple of games over .500 then we'll be cruising into October laster this year I believe.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-08-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Damn you guys stink.
Yankees fans already starting to get cocky again.

sig by BoneKrusher