Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-14-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Delgado is done as a major threat in MLB. I don't think he'll ever hit above .260 the rest of his career even though he will show some power in spurts. I usually don't jump to conclusions like this but I'm almost certain at this point Delgado is done as a major hitter in a lineup.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think Delgado is done as a major threat in MLB. I don't think he'll ever hit above .260 the rest of his career even though he will show some power in spurts. I usually don't jump to conclusions like this but I'm almost certain at this point Delgado is done as a major hitter in a lineup.
Wow. Maybe its because I haven't seen many games this year but I could have sworn sports writers were saying he was doing well and carrying the team earlier in the year
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the Mets have anyone in the farm capable of taking over for Delgado, in the near future?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Wow. Maybe its because I haven't seen many games this year but I could have sworn sports writers were saying he was doing well and carrying the team earlier in the year
He carried us in maybe one or two games this year and nothing else.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Do the Mets have anyone in the farm capable of taking over for Delgado, in the near future?
We don't have anyone with the upside of a Delgado in his prime but we have Mike Carp in AA who as of now is by far our best 1B prospect. He's a Lefty who had some nice years at the lower levels so far. He's not doing as well in Binghamton right now but still posting o.k. numbers for the league. Also, with all our OF prospects we can see Fernando Martinez at 1B possibly. There are debates between scouts how good he is defensively in the OF so he might be a possiblity at 1B even though he would be a darkhorse. The last guy I would say is Nick Evans. He's at St. Lucie right now but he has some major power numbers. He's a former 3B that was converted to 1B. He would be in the top 10 in slugging in the FSL if he wasn't hurt earlier in the year. Besides them 3 there are not any major prospects that are project at first.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2007, 07:59 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is torture.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's looking like Fernando Martinez will take his place. Maybe with a 1 year vet in between.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont even like the Mets but, as a Braves fan, trust me, I feel your pain...(for the record, you guys are pretty cool for a bunch of Mets fans...haha)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-14-2007 at 11:25 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont even like the Mets but, as a Braves fan trust me, I feel your pain...(for the record, you guys are pretty cool for a bunch of Mets fans...haha)
Thanks, I think. You're cool too for a Braves fan.

Did I just use "cool" and "Braves" in the same sentence????

I'm losing it. :)

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-14-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Thanks, I think. You're cool too for a Braves fan.

Did I just use "cool" and "Braves" in the same sentence????

I'm losing it. :)
That's how you know we're in a losing streak.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What is it now? 8 losses in the last 9 games?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
What is it now? 8 losses in the last 9 games?
5 in a row and 9 out of our last 10.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-15-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

it ends now. im calling it.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
it ends now. im calling it.
I hope so.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-15-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I hope so.
I doubt it.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I doubt it.
I think Perez has a nice game in him tonight. Both streaks won't continue the way they are going this weekend.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-15-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

called it.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great night by Reyes, Gomez, and Perez. Nice to finally snap out.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
called it.
Great job.

I hope we build on this one.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

Yea, great night all-around, especially the people ATL listed.

Great outing by Gomez, really excited to see what more he can do, hopefully he gets in a groove now.

I know it's ridiculously early, but I've got Reyes as a front runner in the NL MVP candidate.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

How we feeling about Delgado batting clean up? Should we be more patient?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
How we feeling about Delgado batting clean up? Should we be more patient?
My patience is running out on him.

The problem is that he has a big upper cut to his swing, which was fine earlier in his career when he had a quick bat, but now it's slower, and he swings through a lot of hittable pitches.

It's no coincidence that he's hitting better against lefties. They are pitching him outside and he evens out his swing and hits it to the opposite field.

Righty pitchers, on the other hand, are pitching him inside and he has A LOT of problems with that up and in fastball.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-15-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

im finding delgado to be a huge problem in the 4 spot. i would like to see out line up something like...

reyes
lo duca
beltran
wright
green
alou (when he gets back
and then delgado.

i think he is killing us with reyes beltran and wright always being scoring position and delgado either striking out or hitting a weak grounder.

every boxscore has delgado with like 5 lob.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:42 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

My patience is running thin with Delgado. It just looks more and more evident that he is just a shell of what he used to be.

The bigger question is, will Omar hold onto him until his contract is done, or do something about it? And if so when?
Old 06-16-2007, 07:48 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

I have a feeling this is his last year as a Met. I definitely DON'T see them trading him at the deadline, but I can see them buying out his contract once the year is done.