Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-18-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Meetings are overrated in my opinion. These guys know what to do.
I agree 100%. Also the short season minor leagues start tomorrow which gives us some more guys to keep an eye on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I agree 100%. Also the short season minor leagues start tomorrow which gives us some more guys to keep an eye on.
I hope they put Ruben Tejada in Brooklyn. I go to Cyclones' games A LOT.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope they put Ruben Tejada in Brooklyn. I go to Cyclones' games A LOT.
I don't think he would jump to Brooklyn. If anything he'd go to Kingsport since thats where most DSL/VSL guys get there start. Also, they got rid of the GCL correct?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think he would jump to Brooklyn. If anything he'd go to Kingsport since thats where most DSL/VSL guys get there start. Also, they got rid of the GCL correct?
No, I think it's still there. Several of our draft picks are headed there, I belive.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-18-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
No, I think it's still there. Several of our draft picks are headed there, I belive.
Oh Ok. I thought I remembered last year they were talking about getting rid of the whole league. If Tejeda comes stateside I think they would be him there or the Appy league then. If he dominates those then he would move to Brooklyn for a couple of weeks I would guess.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Looking at the GCL roster we should have a pretty nice rotation with Abbot, Vineyard, Leduc, and Moviel.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Omar has signed the majority of picks.

Kunz, Rustich, Efferson and Abshire are the biggest names that are still unsigned.

Kunz and Rustich will get done, but the other 2 will be difficult.

I believe this class could be a VERY good one, that is if guys develop.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-18-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i heard the mets are after jermaine dye and mark burle. i havent heard anything other than milledge would be included.

thoughts?
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
i heard the mets are after jermaine dye and mark burle. i havent heard anything other than milledge would be included.

thoughts?
I'm against it.

It's not a good idea to trade prospects with all-star potential for over-the-hill vets and/or 1/2-year rentals.

Sig by Primetime21

Last edited by MaxV : 06-18-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post

thoughts?
It all depends on what we give up but I wouldn't give much at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-19-2007, 07:09 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It all depends on what we give up but I wouldn't give much at all.
Neither would I. I would like to have either one of them though.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully yesterdays win will start a hot stretch going into the all-star break
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

We also had a good day in the minors yesterday.

One of our top pitching prospects, Jon Neise, pitched a gem in A+.

And on that note, I'll post my Mets' top prospect list:

1. Fernando Martinez (OF)
2. Mike Pelfrey (RHP)
3. Carlos Gomez (OF)
4. Deolis Guerra (RHP)
5. Phillip Humber (RHP)
6. Kevin Mulvey (RHP)
7. Mike Carp (1b)
8. Bobby Parnell (RHP)
9. Francisco Pena (C)
10t. Jon Neise (LHP)
10t. Nick Evans (1b)

I would rank Lastings Milledge 4th, if he would be eligible.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-19-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I wonder who got the nod for the GCL Mets opener today.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-19-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
We also had a good day in the minors yesterday.

One of our top pitching prospects, Jon Neise, pitched a gem in A+.

And on that note, I'll post my Mets' top prospect list:

1. Fernando Martinez (OF)
2. Mike Pelfrey (RHP)
3. Carlos Gomez (OF)
4. Deolis Guerra (RHP)
5. Phillip Humber (RHP)
6. Kevin Mulvey (RHP)
7. Mike Carp (1b)
8. Bobby Parnell (RHP)
9. Francisco Pena (C)
10t. Jon Neise (LHP)
10t. Nick Evans (1b)

I would rank Lastings Milledge 4th, if he would be eligible.
I think I'd have Guerra over Gomez considering the upside that Guerra has.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-19-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think I'd have Guerra over Gomez considering the upside that Guerra has.
Gomez has quiet an upside too, plus he has already made it to the majors.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-19-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Gomez has quiet an upside too, plus he has already made it to the majors.
I understand that but to me a big time SP is better than a big time OF. I just value pitching more than hitting.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-19-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I wonder who got the nod for the GCL Mets opener today.
To answer my own question it was not one of the recent draftees as I hoped it would be.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-19-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I understand that but to me a big time SP is better than a big time OF. I just value pitching more than hitting.
I understand, and you can make a case for Guerra being higher. He should be top 50 in all of MLB.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-19-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I understand, and you can make a case for Guerra being higher. He should be top 50 in all of MLB.
I'm with you on that. I'm suprised the hype hasn't caught Guerra yet. He's more very good in the FSL and he is 2 or 3 years younger than any pitcher there I believe.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-19-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm with you on that. I'm suprised the hype hasn't caught Guerra yet. He's more very good in the FSL and he is 2 or 3 years younger than any pitcher there I believe.
At least. The normal prospect age in FSL is 22, and Guerra is 18.

BTW, do you agree with the rest of my list?

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-19-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
At least. The normal prospect age in FSL is 22, and Guerra is 18.

BTW, do you agree with the rest of my list?
Yeah I think you did a very good job for the midseason top 10. I'm excited to see how our new guys do. I am very intrigued by a lot of our picks and I am starting to believe that this class will actually end up being very good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-19-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I liked this draft.

I understand why you guys were upset at first. You were hoping that Omar would pick some of those highly-ranked guys that dropped and he didn't. But, maybe there is a reason those guys dropped, and Omar wasn't the only one who passed on them.

Mets took several high-ceiling guys, including some from HS.

Plus, unlike other years, they don't seem to have a great deal of trouble signing these guys.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-19-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I liked this draft.

I understand why you guys were upset at first. You were hoping that Omar would pick some of those highly-ranked guys that dropped and he didn't. But, maybe there is a reason those guys dropped, and Omar wasn't the only one who passed on them.

Mets took several high-ceiling guys, including some from HS.

Plus, unlike other years, they don't seem to have a great deal of trouble signing these guys.
Yeah they have signed virtually everyone who matters except for Kunz, Efferson, and Abshire. I don't think we gave anyone a lot of money so maybe we can go above slot if need be for Efferson and Abshire. Also, we'll see how we do with the international signings. With that being said some of those guys that we could have took might end up being high level prospects so hopefully we won't regret passing on them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-19-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah they have signed virtually everyone who matters except for Kunz, Efferson, and Abshire. I don't think we gave anyone a lot of money so maybe we can go above slot if need be for Efferson and Abshire. Also, we'll see how we do with the international signings. With that being said some of those guys that we could have took might end up being high level prospects so hopefully we won't regret passing on them.
Have faith in Omar, he knows.

BTW, I'm VERY high on Abshire(SS). Scouting report on him is that his speed rates as an 80 on a 20-80 scale and he has decent power potential and good glove. He's raw but talented.

I hope Omar shows him some green.

Sig by Primetime21