Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-22-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
BTW, we are going up against a former Mets' farmhand Lenny Dinardo. He has done well with the A's.

I was a fan of his when he was in our organization and felt it was a mistake to let him go.
Yeah, he has done real well this year. His era is only 2.21
Old 06-22-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BTW, we are going up against a former Mets' farmhand Lenny Dinardo. He has done well with the A's.

I was a fan of his when he was in our organization and felt it was a mistake to let him go.
I remember he went to the Red Sox first. Did we lose him in the Rule 5 or we just released him?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I remember he went to the Red Sox first. Did we lose him in the Rule 5 or we just released him?
Rule 5.

Jim Duquette, the genius that he is, decided to keep Jose Offerman on the 40-man instead.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rule 5.

Jim Duquette, the genius that he is, decided to keep Jose Offerman on the 40-man instead.
I miss Angel Pagan. I thought he would be a very good 4th OF and he has done pretty well with the Cubs in that role.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-22-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I miss Angel Pagan. I thought he would be a very good 4th OF and he has done pretty well with the Cubs in that role.
I'm hoping Mets give Corey Coles a shot at that.

He doesn't have great tools, but can be a good pinch hitter/defensive replacement.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'm hoping Mets give Corey Coles a shot at that.

He doesn't have great tools, but can be a good pinch hitter/defensive replacement.
Yeah Coles will probably be up in September but I doubt we see him up here before that. Pagan was younger and showed some power and I really think he would have been a good fit. We had Endy which turned out great but something not protecting him irks me. I'd like to see what Coles can do in the majors.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-22-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

We needed this win BADLY.

I hope we finally get rolling.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We needed this win BADLY.

I hope we finally get rolling.

Hopefully this puts Glavine back it shape as well.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im WAY more excited about glavines performance than i am the 9 runs.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Oh, PLEASE tell me this is a start of a winning streak.

After a big run of bad luck, I'm glad Lady Luck smiled on us tonight.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Oh, PLEASE tell me this is a start of a winning streak.

After a big run of bad luck, I'm glad Lady Luck smiled on us tonight.

My favorite moment was that 53 mph eephus.. that was insane.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
My favorite moment was that 53 mph eephus.. that was insane.
Yeah, I loved that.

Like I said in the MLB thread, Chavez had time to swing twice at it.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I loved that.

Like I said in the MLB thread, Chavez had time to swing twice at it.

He turns on his front foot when he is about to swing, and if you watch it again, he turns like 3 or 4 times.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not too bad of a start to this game huh?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Not too bad of a start to this game huh?
LOL, this guy is UNREAL!!!!
Old 06-25-2007, 07:57 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I won't even talk about Reyes, because we all know how amazing he is, but Gomez is for sure a keeper. In 2005, Willy Taveras had 71 infield hits, and 31 bunt singles, so we can't write off what Gomez is doing as "getting lucky". Willy ended hitting .291 that year, and it's a fair statement to say Gomez is faster than him, and has far more potential. It's just evident to me, as we wait for his power to develop, he can still be a real nice player for us.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I won't even talk about Reyes, because we all know how amazing he is, but Gomez is for sure a keeper. In 2005, Willy Taveras had 71 infield hits, and 31 bunt singles, so we can't write off what Gomez is doing as "getting lucky". Willy ended hitting .291 that year, and it's a fair statement to say Gomez is faster than him, and has far more potential. It's just evident to me, as we wait for his power to develop, he can still be a real nice player for us.
I agree. The question is, how do we transition him into an everyday lineup?

Alou and Green are FAs at season's end and they may give Carlos one of the starting spots. But, will he be ready by then?

Perhaps the best way to do it, is to sign a solid veteran who can platoon with CarGo and/or Milledge.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Gomez will be ready full time next year to start the season off. The more playing time he's getting now the better he is looking. It's going to be crazy having Reyes and Gomez 1-2 for years to come. I can't believe we have all these guys coming up now. Thank you Steve Phillips!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I agree. I think Gomez will be ready, and if Milledge isn't traded, he will be as well. If you remember he tore up ST.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man i just got back from being at that game tonight it was great even though we only got 3 hits it was still amazing especially Sosa and Wagner they were both filthy
Old 06-26-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Schoenwies is the WORST pitcher I have ever seen.

I knew Cards would score when I saw that he would pitch.

And as I'm typing this, Cards score another one another botched play by Valentine.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:39 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Schoenwies is the WORST pitcher I have ever seen.

I knew Cards would score when I saw that he would pitch.

And as I'm typing this, Cards score another one another botched play by Valentine.

Omar's one blunder.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Omar's one blunder.
Have you seen Heath Bell's numbers in San Diego?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Have you seen Heath Bell's numbers in San Diego?

That's because he's pitching San Diego. He was garbage for the Mets. He threw a hard straight fastball that he left consistently up in the zone, and he gave up as ton of HR's. Guarentee you put him back in a normal ballpark, he gets rocked.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's because he's pitching San Diego. He was garbage for the Mets. He threw a hard straight fastball that he left consistently up in the zone, and he gave up as ton of HR's. Guarentee you put him back in a normal ballpark, he gets rocked.
Shea is pretty spacious. Petco is an extreme but its not like Shea is exactly Camden or Coors.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote