Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-03-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I think we need a new hitting coach.
I don't really think that's the problem.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not really sure what needs to be done, but this lineup has been very impatient lately.

Seems like even when we face pitchers with mediocre control, we still end up with only 1 or 0 walks.

Opposing starters end up throwing VERY few pitches against us.

These guys need to take some pitches and work the count deeper.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't really think that's the problem.

What Max said is a part of my point. Our hitters look like they are going out there without an approach sometimes as well. I mean, there is no way that Hirsh guy should have pitched so well. Or Maroth, etc.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We didn't need a new hitting coach last year or the beginning of this year or even more recently the first 3 games of the Philly series. What we do need is a new 1B starting next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-03-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

perez and sosa on the DL. ****.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Kevin Mulvey was added to the Futures Game roster which to me is great news. I really wanted to see Guerra and Mulvey pitch so now I'll have my chance.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-03-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I was just looking at the 2002 draft and man that was a disaster. Only 2 players from that draft made it to the majors and we traded both of them away. Scott Kazmir and Matt Lindstrom. The only other guy who has a chance to get a call up possibly is Robert Paulk who is nothing special.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-03-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Paul Lo Duca is only under contract till the end of this year? Am I wrong? Does anyone seem him staying with the Mets next year?
Old 07-03-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
perez and sosa on the DL. ****.

Sosa could be a problem. Perez, not so much. He hasn't pitched since the 26th I believe, so the DL move would put him back to then. He should get a start a few days after the All-Star break. Better to nip this injury now.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Paul Lo Duca is only under contract till the end of this year? Am I wrong? Does anyone seem him staying with the Mets next year?
I hope we resign him. We don't have a catcher in the minors who can start. Perhaps we can trade for someone, but I'm not sure who'll be available.

Vargas sucks. We should've called up Humber instead. I know he hasn't dominated, but he has MUCH better stuff.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really don't think we're gunna be re-signing him....

I have heard that they're really interested in trading for Ronny Paulino though, and IMO, 26 year old Paulino who's an overall very good catcher > 35 year old lo duca who's only gunna get worse from here on out.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and am greatful for what he's done for us, but he doesn't fit anymore...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Paulino blows. I used to think he was good, and heard the trade rumors. So I was a little excited, and I went to look up his stats. He is hitting like .235. Ouch.

Also, Carlos Gomez really needs to work on his pitch recognition. He has the swing, the speed, everything. He just needs a better idea. In his last at bat he laid off a pitcher pitch FB, good idea. The he bent back to a hanging curve. Bad idea. Then he went fishing for a low curve. Bad idea. His tools are blatantly apparent though, even with him hitting .249.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

i hope reyes works with him even though reyes still has a little work to do in that dept. but he reminds me of reyes with power just a short time ago.

isnt that scary...if gomez could develop into a reyes with power. 2 .300 hitters with 70 steal potential. one with HR potential. and wright at 3rd. if 2 of our pitchers develop into even solid starters to combine with maine, sosa, and perez...we could be the NL team to beat for 5+ years easy.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

as for C...i know we are the 2 teams least likely to help each other besides the yanks and sox...but with the braves just giving mccann a 6 year contract extention...

it makes alot of sense to me to go milledge for Saltalamacchia.

what do you guys think of that possibility?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
i hope reyes works with him even though reyes still has a little work to do in that dept. but he reminds me of reyes with power just a short time ago.

isnt that scary...if gomez could develop into a reyes with power. 2 .300 hitters with 70 steal potential. one with HR potential. and wright at 3rd. if 2 of our pitchers develop into even solid starters to combine with maine, sosa, and perez...we could be the NL team to beat for 5+ years easy.
Yeah, I was looking at Reyes stats and while Reyes was hitting .307 in his first 69 games, in his next 53 he hit .255-very Gomez esque too, if I remember correctly.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:30 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
as for C...i know we are the 2 teams least likely to help each other besides the yanks and sox...but with the braves just giving mccann a 6 year contract extention...

it makes alot of sense to me to go milledge for Saltalamacchia.

what do you guys think of that possibility?
Salty is already being groomed to be our future 1B and we have an outfielder in Brandon Jones who is set to come to the Majors next season. I couldnt see an in division trade either, especially not between the 1st and 2nd place teams in the division. Ronnie Paulino is a def. possibility for you guys...he's reportedly being shopped and Minaya has been rumored as to having some interest.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:54 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

A big trade between Braves and Mets would NEVER happen. Not as long as we are in the same division.

I really hope Vargas won't pitch in his next turn. They should give Humber a shot.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
A big trade between Braves and Mets would NEVER happen. Not as long as we are in the same division.

I really hope Vargas won't pitch in his next turn. They should give Humber a shot.
Dave Williams might be read by the All Star Break. He did a very serviceable job for us last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-04-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:

Yes, atleast Humber has good stuff.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Oh man, we sucked in that series.

I hope we go to the all-star break on a positive note.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:10 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Oh man, we sucked in that series.

I hope we go to the all-star break on a positive note.

Me too, that was a pathetic display.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Gomez fractured his hand and will be DL'ed. Newhan to be called up.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...orts-headlines

Excuse me while I go break something.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

John Maine might be pissed that he wasn't selected to the all-star game. And he's taking it out on the Astros.

BTW, do you guys noticed that Maine is controlling his slider this year?

He's no longer a 1-pitch pitcher.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I hate David Newhan. How is he a major league ballplayer?
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Man I hate David Newhan. How is he a major league ballplayer?
He's not. They should've called up Lastings "Soul-Ja Boi" Milledge instead.

Lastings had a HR today.