Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-05-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
He's not. They should've called up Lastings "Soul-Ja Boi" Milledge instead.

Lastings had a HR today.
Yeah I'm confident that he'll be up with the club in about a week or two.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maine was excellent last night. When things weren't going as well for him in May it's because he couldn't command his slider. Now that he is again he's been excellent.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone mentioned this but after Pedro takes next week off he might come back and begin to pitch in minor league games. I for one can not wait untill he gets back and I'll hopefully be at Shea the first time he pitches there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-06-2007, 07:48 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Yeah I'm confident that he'll be up with the club in about a week or two.

I can only hope. Real shame about Gomez though, even if he was sent back to the minors, he could have really used these weeks to get better.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very encouraging sign about Pelfrey. He was pitching well today. He just left a couple of pitches up in the zone.

Our lineup is refusing to hit.:(
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willie needs to get off this Nazi kick with Jose. I can't count the number of times I've seen LoDuca not hustle. I know he isn't fast, but still.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Willie needs to get off this Nazi kick with Jose. I can't count the number of times I've seen LoDuca not hustle. I know he isn't fast, but still.
Let's add Franco, Beltran, and Delgado to that list.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-07-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Let's add Franco, Beltran, and Delgado to that list.

Yes. If one of them doesn't hustle a ball out, and they don't get the Jose treament, I will be pissed. I understand why he's doing it, he should be teaching Jose the right way to play. But letting veterans slide away with it, isn't teaching him ****.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hell of a win tonight. 17 innings. not a good performance from our lineup. but i was estatic over our bullpen.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:27 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I watched that entire game. That catch by Beltran was freaking incredible.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That game was insane last night
Old 07-08-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Ewww when did we allow Sandy Alomar Jr to be in our starting lineup
Old 07-08-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well both Mulvey and Guerra pitched and both gave up 1 run.

I was impressed with Guerra's stuff though.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:

Yes. Mulvey didn't impress me at all. Guerra is a 6'5 18 year old who was throwing 91-93 with a nasty 79-80 circle change.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well not the way any of us were looking to head into the break, but heres to a better 2nd half.

We just need to get healthy and get Ledee out of the lineup and the roster.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I hope Lastings gets called up after the all-star break.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yea, I hate Milledge at this point, I don't see him (if he continues to go the route he's going right now) ever being successful with the Mets, but I would really like to see him called up, I wanna see for myself if he has in fact "changed"

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

It's impossible to hate Lastings.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Check this out guys:

Ramon Castro - .295/.349/.538.....OPS of .887
Paul Lo Duca - .274/.321/.372.......OPS of .693

Now, granted Castro has struggled throwing runners out this year, and Paul has been better at it this year then at any point in his career.

But prior to this year Castro has been significantly better defensively then Lo Duca.

Could Castro be our starting catcher next year?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But prior to this year Castro has been significantly better defensively then Lo Duca.
Prior to this year Castro has also been a career .230 hitter. You could get that better defensive catcher back next year, but you could also be getting the .230 hitter instead of the .295 hitter as well.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Prior to this year Castro has also been a career .230 hitter. You could get that better defensive catcher back next year, but you could also be getting the .230 hitter instead of the .295 hitter as well.
I know there is a risk of handing Castro the starting job, but Lo Duca looks done, and the catcher's FA class looks mediocre.

Castro could very well be the best option.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd rather keep Castro as the backup if it all possible. Micheal Barret is still a FA at the end of the year and I would certainly take a chance with him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

I know it's only the Futures Game but it looked like Guerra throws his change up too much. He really some great stuff though so it was awesome to see him. If he can develop an average 3rd pitch then Watch Out!!

I think Mulvery looked pretty solid. He has a good fastball and his breaking stuff was pretty sharp. He's by no means a 1 or 2 but I could def. see him filling out a rotation for a contender. He also has a bulldog mentality which you like to see.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I think he'll be up by Thursday. It's just a matter of who we DFA or send down to AAA.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Perhaps Lastings is reading our posts.

He's playing today and so far he's 2-3 with 2 HRs.

Milledge>>>>>>>>>>>>Newhan.

Last edited by MaxV : 07-09-2007 at 02:34 PM.